Chicago for 3 days.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tldr: I'm in Chicago for 3 days for a confrence. I flew in and am not renting a car. We are staying at the hyatt regency downtown.

Breakfast / lunch is catered but I need super awesome dinner ideas ( within reasonable distance on foot ). And since we have a free day today anything must see within walking distance of down town?

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Be sure to get some Garrett's Popcorn as a gift for family. You're really close to Eataly, which is an Italian super-market-restaurant.

As far as things to see? The Art Institute is really amazing. There's a wing on medieval weaponry and armor! The parks downtown are great. There's plenty of theater shows. Navy Pier is a tourist trap, don't bother. The Field Museum is pretty awesome.If you can, get an Architecture Tour.

http://www.architecture.org/tours/boat-toursDoesn't start till April 5th sadly, but there are others.

http://shorelinesightseeing.com/todays-schedule/Seems like the only one operating right now. If you'll be here Saturday enjoy the dying of the river! Green Ice for all!

Oh, I just realized, despite what I said about Navy Pier, the Flower and Garden Show is going on there, and it's a great distraction from the cold weather. There's also a creative fair going on at the Cultural Center, which is also an amazingly beautiful building.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Bear Night Friday at SoFo are not too be missed from what Country Araysar tells me.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Same place also has Otter Saturdays in case you miss the Friday

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone recommend an Irish bar that serves a solid irish breakfast somewhere north side?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Irish Oakis the only irish bar on the north side worth a damn, in my opinion, but i've never had it there

best irish breakfast is at the Gage in the loop which I linked earlier in this thread.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That last Chicago trip we had lunch one day at this place:

Au Cheval

And I seriously think about the cheeseburger I had there every day. It has ruined other burgers for me. Seriously one of the most decadent meals I've ever had. Make sure to add egg and bacon. The bacon is essentially two giant pieces of pork belly. Mmmmmmm. Craving it just typing this.