Child of Light Ubisoft "jrpg" x-platform.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoyable game. I beat it today while I was sick all week. Took me a little over 10 hours I think. Really enjoyable game. I really want to play more games like this in the future. The art work was beautiful, the story was cute, and it's something I could get my daughter playing when she's 5-6 years old and she could appreciate it.

Felz_sl

shitlord
Bought this game 2 days ago and stayed up most of the night playing it, started on normal mode but now i can't wait to play on hard mode.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
i beat it on hard, only the last 3-4 bosses made me take more than one attempt, the difficulty on hard feels perfect, normal is way too easy. game was very pretty visually and the controls were smooth and fluid.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
i played it on the PC, using a ps3 controller. I can't imagine using the mouse and keyboard for this game, that would be so annoying. It's definitely a controller-required game but since you can use whatever controller you want on the pc, the choice is really yours.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm normally a steam/PC kind of guy, but I picked this up for the PS4 so I could play on the big screen. I was playing with my 7 year old, she'd control the little fire sprite thingie. Hard feels just about right, I'll need to level a few more times before advancing the story, last boss was pretttty close. But we're having a blast so far!

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
General consensus is that keyboard/mouse is a far better play style, mostly but not solely because the firefly is tons faster with the mouse. Both controller and keyboard/mouse are fun, but I preferred mouse for the firefly reason.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife beat it over the weekend, nice short game, pretty much beautiful. i'm no father, but i think if you have a little girl, this is pretty much one of the few (5?) games with a girl protagonist. seemed like a cool princess version of a final fantasy game (cuz of ATB).

heck i'm not gonna ever throw out my ps3 now, if i have a little girl 7 years from now i'm gonna dig out the ps3 from the attic and play this with her.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
So I lost my save for this yesterday on PS4. I was on Chapter 10 and had some random game crash (was the third time it happened. Generally, I'd just start the game back up again, no biggie). When I fired the game back up, I got a message saying the save file had been corrupted with no option but to delete the entire save file.

Instinctively, I thought...fuck that sucks, but I should be able to recover it from my PS+ cloud backup for saved games, might lose a tiny bit of progress. I check out my notifications and apparently no save data was ever uploaded. Seven messages of "Upload Failed". No other game on PS4 seems to have this problem. Seriously disheartening. I was thoroughly enjoying the game, but not enough that I'd want to start over again at this point.

Seems quite a few are complaining about this this happening to them randomly. Ubi needs to fix their shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've also had a couple of crashes, but luckily no corrupted save yet. They seemed to happen when opening a dialogue conversation. Can't remember if it actually throws up an error code or anything though.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
I've also had a couple of crashes, but luckily no corrupted save yet. They seemed to happen when opening a dialogue conversation. Can't remember if it actually throws up an error code or anything though.
The error code it threw me was CE-34878-0. What was interesting is that usually after you get thrown an error, the system wants to send an error report with a video clip attached. In this case though, I wasn't even given the option to report it, it just crashed the game. Window popped up with that error code with a giant "OK" button and that was it.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I lost my save for this yesterday on PS4. I was on Chapter 10 and had some random game crash (was the third time it happened. Generally, I'd just start the game back up again, no biggie). When I fired the game back up, I got a message saying the save file had been corrupted with no option but to delete the entire save file.

Instinctively, I thought...fuck that sucks, but I should be able to recover it from my PS+ cloud backup for saved games, might lose a tiny bit of progress. I check out my notifications and apparently no save data was ever uploaded. Seven messages of "Upload Failed". No other game on PS4 seems to have this problem. Seriously disheartening. I was thoroughly enjoying the game, but not enough that I'd want to start over again at this point.

Seems quite a few are complaining about this this happening to them randomly. Ubi needs to fix their shit.
I receive the message "upload failed" on BF4 9/10 times when I log into my PSN account on startup.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I grabbed this on the Steam sale and finally got some time to put in to it. Holy shit is this game good, easily the best thing I've played in a long time. Art is amazing, music is great, combat is just enough jrpg without being boring, go buy this game you cunts.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is Ubisoft bad now too? I can't keep up with all the companies that people hate.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
uPlay is pretty fucking retarded is most of it. Having to install some random piece of shit software to play their titles via Steam is just moronic.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aside from just being another client you have to deal with, a not insignificant percentage of people end up with uPlay just crashing every time they log in (meaning they can't play the games at all) or randomly deleting their save files completely (no cloud, no nothing). If it wasn't for uPlay, Ubisoft would be great
tongue.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why can't companies just surrender to Steam completely? You know Steam is the elephant in the room. People love steam. Steam "gets" us. Do they really think origin or uplay or fagsoft can compete? Why waste cycles coding bullshit like that.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair, Steam as an engine is seriously dated and they don't seem very concerned about updating to be better anytime soon, so some competition is good. Origin is a better competitor though. uPlay is just a cluttered buggy mess that was trying to jump into the market.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In the promo video I thought the narrator said touch yourself in bed for a moment. I was like "what kind of game is this?"