CHiPs (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: CHiPs

Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama

Director: Dax Shepard

Cast: Michael Peña, Dax Shepard, Jessica McNamee, Rosa Salazar, Kristen Bell, Adam Brody, Ryan Hansen, Maya Rudolph, Adam Rodríguez, Justin Chatwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, Ben Falcone, Jane Kaczmarek, Richard T. Jones, Jackie Tohn, Mara Marini, Vida Guerra, Arturo del Puerto, Aly Mawji, Rene Moran, Carly Hatter, John Duff, Kelly Richardson, Clay Cullen, Jess Rowland, Cameron Cruz, Jamie Bock, Becky Feldman, Monica Padman, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Mae Whitman, Morgan Krantz, Josh Duhamel, Erik Estrada, Cody Banta, David Koechner, Phillip Marshall Tyler, Caitlin Rice, Megalyn Echikunwoke

Release: 2017-03-24

Plot: The adventures of two California Highway Patrol motorcycle officers as they make their rounds on the freeways of Los Angeles.

spronk

FPS noob
No Homo, Bro: the movie

21/22 Jump street were fantastic, this looks pretty lame. Poor Kirsten Bell, she got roped into this shit because her husband is Dax

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do they always make comedies out of these old shows? CHiPs was a pretty decent show back in the day. This looks so bad.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hey look its a thing some people remember better make a shitty movie out of it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Why do they always make comedies out of these old shows? CHiPs was a pretty decent show back in the day. This looks so bad.

It's pretty much the only way to translate 30 year old, lite fare television shows into a modern movie that can draw an audience. CHiPs wasn't overly serious back in it's day. It tried to make being a traffic cop seem fun and glamorous. A typical episode had a lot of humorous banter back and forth between Ponch and Jon, a little more between Ponch and everyone else, a hot chick in need of assistance, and a hero moment for the duo.

The better question is why make a movie out of this particular old show at all.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Kristen Bell's face looks horrible after all that work done she had.
tumblr_inline_obo6svRsgq1unmfg0_400.jpg

She looks pretty amazing in the good place, but aside from seeing her in that one season of Heroes, never watched that v.mars shit, so i haven't followed how she's looked throughout the years.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw this and I thought it was a fun watch. Dax and Pena have some pretty good chemistry together.

Goatface

if they would have dialed it back a couple of notches, would have been a lot better.

everyone started out way to exaggerated which lead to a lot of pure stupidity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night. Mediocre, nothing to get excited about. 5/10 perhaps, but only because I didn't hate it or anything. As stated, way too extreme on the character types. And I know this will sound stupid regarding a movie like this, but I feel like 30-60 minutes got cut somewhere that would have made a lot of things make more sense or conclude satisfactorily. Not saying I really wanted those extra minutes, but half the shit that got introduced just sort of went nowhere, or was introduced for no apparent reason. Just kind of a mediocre mess that didn't offend me at all.

For comparison, I enjoyed Baywatch a lot more. Except there were a couple tits in this at least, so there's that.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seeing this with a crowd was way more enjoyable than watching it at home. The tub scene and eating butt jokes had my theater rolling.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database