Chivalry 2

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Going throw archer to get the jav is the most painful thing in the game.

Also 2h spear not having a sweep attack is fucking fail.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tried levelling archer tonight just because and I could not make it through a game. The only archer I'll get is at the end of my axe.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Archer sucks massive ass to level, but I have way to much fun with the jav being able to melee fight and also murder archers at range is great.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Game is fucking awesome other than two or three major issues that are killing my ability to enjoy long sessions. I can play one or two games max before something starts fucking up.

1. Connection issues.
a. When I start up Epic Games launcher or Chivalry it disconnects my internet. I can't find a fix for this and it's happening to others as well, shit is infuriating.
b. The games picks 6 or 7 people to give shitty connection problems to, making the game impossible to play because you keep warping all over the place. Once you get this bug, it doesn't go away and I end up getting disconnected from the server and lose all my XP.

2. Grouping - This shit straight up sicks, sometimes you have to restart the game 3 or 4 times just to get everyone into a party. See issue number 1 and this turns into a fucking nightmare.

3. Invisible people at the start of the round, How is this even a thing?

Hopefully they get their shit together and fix this soon.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Executioner's axe is god.

That is all.
I need to give it another go but my top weapons are:
Morning star
One handed spear
Messer sword
Heavy Mace
War Axe
War Club
If I go Morning star for the full game I always top the leader boards. The rest of the weapons available I just fuck around with, great sword and Maul can be good times.
Messer sword is best weapon in the game currently for 90% of situations and maps, it will likely get a nerf. Oh and for some reason warhammer stab does 60 dmg that will likely get changed as well.
Worst weapon is 2 hander spear, the reach does not make up for all of its down sides. War club catches so many people off guard and one of the most underrated weapons IMO, it is insanely fast and great for 4V1s.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Taking a break from this, getting first place and only getting annoyed when I die. Next patch though I am back in.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I need to give it another go but my top weapons are:
Morning star
One handed spear
Messer sword
Heavy Mace
War Axe
War Club
If I go Morning star for the full game I always top the leader boards. The rest of the weapons available I just fuck around with, great sword and Maul can be good times.
Messer sword is best weapon in the game currently for 90% of situations and maps, it will likely get a nerf. Oh and for some reason warhammer stab does 60 dmg that will likely get changed as well.
Worst weapon is 2 hander spear, the reach does not make up for all of its down sides. War club catches so many people off guard and one of the most underrated weapons IMO, it is insanely fast and great for 4V1s.
Morning Star is tied with short sword for my favorite 2nd weapon, they attack so fast and have deceptive angling around blocks. I've raged some people doing Crossbowman melee only with the shortsword lol.

I want to like 2h spear but have no sweep attack at all while short spear does, pisses me off.

But Executioner's axe gave me my best run of 13k points, 122 take downs, 73 kills and 16 deaths. Its just a power house of damage, reach and sweep angle imo.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Morning Star is tied with short sword for my favorite 2nd weapon, they attack so fast and have deceptive angling around blocks. I've raged some people doing Crossbowman melee only with the shortsword lol.

I want to like 2h spear but have no sweep attack at all while short spear does, pisses me off.

But Executioner's axe gave me my best run of 13k points, 122 take downs, 73 kills and 16 deaths. Its just a power house of damage, reach and sweep angle imo.
2 handed spear in the first one was a beast you could stab it so far, in 2 it is just outclassed by everything.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Awwww. I really enjoyed poking people to death with my spear. So many kills. Poke them like little piggies. Poke. Poke.

Anyway, looks like I need a second weapon beyond Messer…

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Awwww. I really enjoyed poking people to death with my spear. So many kills. Poke them like little piggies. Poke. Poke.

Anyway, looks like I need a second weapon beyond Messer…
The only time I've found spear to be really good and a ton of fun is big tight melees like on Fall of Lionspire on the bridge to get the banners.

Can poke enemies through the holes/angles in your line. Also its charge attack is easily the one that doesn't get cancelled/bugged out as often.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The only time I've found spear to be really good and a ton of fun is big tight melees like on Fall of Lionspire on the bridge to get the banners.

Can poke enemies through the holes/angles in your line. Also its charge attack is easily the one that doesn't get cancelled/bugged out as often.
You’re exactly right. Holding the bridge is a spearman’s favourite pastime. Especially if you can lock a guard position at your left shoulder. It’s glorious pokey mayhem.

Beyond that I’ve never had many problems with kill count. Sort of the same principles apply: protect your left shoulder, use block but don’t hold, and pokey poke away.

My favourite spear strategy is the game breaking Uber tactic I call “poke while walking backwards”. I can’t count the minions I’ve impaled by simply backing up as people throw themselves upon my spear point. It’s so funny and rage inducing. Poke. Back up. Poke rush. Back up. Kick. Poke. Repeat. It kills me with laughter.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my Executioner's axe to level 30 to get the sweet faction skins.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Stats confirmed, Executioners axe is worst axe :( If you like the range go with Dane, otherwise the Battle Axe is king.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Stats confirmed, Executioners axe is worst axe :( If you like the range go with Dane, otherwise the Battle Axe is king.
It does less damage then the dane/battle but has longer swing duration and overhead reach than at least battleaxe.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Axes are gay and OP. I'll be over here poking people in their asses with my polehammer.