Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't see a thread.

Anyways. Its free on steam until Monday.

Medieval first person melee/shooter (archers) with lots of character emotes / scream / charges.

I played for 30 minutes on a 64 person server and laughed my ass off as a waves of my teamates charged, screaming, off a cliff.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Think we had a thread on the old forum. Anyhow, been wanting to play this but not pay $25 for it. Free until Sunday 1pm (assuming PST) and also 50% off on steam right now. Picking it up!

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed this one a lot more than War of the Roses. There isn't as much character customization but the combat feels a lot more visceral and exciting in my opinion.

Theres a new update coming in the next week or two that adds a couple more weapons, maps, and a duel mode.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Oh yeah, wanted to check this out. Looks like a shit version of Mount & Blade. Thanks for the reminder.

Kobalt

Trakanon Raider
I played for 30 minutes on a 64 person server and laughed my ass off as a waves of my teamates charged, screaming, off a cliff.
Yeah everyone I know that played this was laughing their ass off the entire time. Dem battle cries.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The game is crazy fun and worth the $25. If you don't play with a crew, it's worth it to just play through enough to unlock all the weapons (sans archer, fuck archers).

Killing the King is fun as fuck. Decapitating him is even better.

Protip: Hammer + Shield on Knight = rapefest

Hustle_sl

shitlord
I've been playing this as 'Ser Spicy Fists', only using my fists and slinging taunts in a Medieval tone. Fucking hilarious. Don't forget to hold the C key.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I got this on sale, hopped on a couple nights ago with no practice other than watching a couple youtube's at work. First match I played had a couple speedhackers on the other side; very blatant too. Turned it off and haven't touched it since (also got the feeling it took a decent amount of practice to get used to the timing of swings, etc to get good). Is hacking pretty bad in this?

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Steam says I have 36 hours played on this and I've never encountered a hacker. Also, last steam patch said that they fixed some hacking stuff, so there you go.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wan't to get this after playing the free weekend. But $25? Maybe. idk.

Needs to go on sale.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got this on sale, hopped on a couple nights ago with no practice other than watching a couple youtube's at work. First match I played had a couple speedhackers on the other side; very blatant too. Turned it off and haven't touched it since (also got the feeling it took a decent amount of practice to get used to the timing of swings, etc to get good). Is hacking pretty bad in this?
Few aim assist hackers but they are usually community kicked immediately.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
damn this looks kind of cool, almost like old school Jedi Knight 2 type shit, but lately i have a tendency to buy games then never play them so i should prob hold off.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
damn this looks kind of cool, almost like old school Jedi Knight 2 type shit, but lately i have a tendency to buy games then never play them so i should prob hold off.
Remember when you put the mod onto JK2 for the wanton dismemberment? It's like that, but with more head-smashing, limb-removing and battlecry-ing.

It's worth the full price. The update added fucking FLAILS. FLAILS motherfuckers. Flails. They added a bunch of other new shit too, like maps and game types. Flails, though.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Picked this game up on steam sale last month, been playing constantly. Game is way too much fun, especially if you're playing with a few people you know.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played for a couple hours today, started getting the hang of it. This game can be hilariously fun. Main problem I run into is 90% of my deaths come from my own team. The biggest roadbump was finding a class that I liked; Vanguard with bardich or 2h sword is pretty fun!

has anyone put $24.99 worth of time into this?

I bought it on sale weeks ago for $10 and I think that's just about exactly what the content is worth.