chrome or firefox?

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...t,3534-12.html

perfindex.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chrome seems more resource intensive to me, but people seem to have passionate opinions about that. I'm not loaded with add ons either though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use Chrome except when No Script fucks up some webpage and I can't do anything on it... then I switch to Firefox.

unless I'm on my laptop, then I use Waterfox!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I have this site open in Firefox and everything else open in Chrome. I love the speed of Chrome but the gifs on this site just crap it out. From what I've read Chrome uses it's own flash player and FF doesn't but who knows. I think both are solid but for whatever reason, every time I say fuck it and switch back to FF it bogs down after a month or two and is unbearably slow.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I have this site open in Firefox and everything else open in Chrome. I love the speed of Chrome but the gifs on this site just crap it out. From what I've read Chrome uses it's own flash player and FF doesn't but who knows. I think both are solid but for whatever reason, every time I say fuck it and switch back to FF it bogs down after a month or two and is unbearably slow.
same reason.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am on a mobile broadband thanks to being just outside of town and not being able to get any kind of landline based net connection. With that said I used Chrome until I discovered that its pre-fetching was burning up a lot of bandwidth. Not sure if it was an infection (My AV was reporting clean), but I was up to 1 gig of downloads a day without doing anything. And if you can imagine that meant I had some pretty salty cell phone bills there for a while. I uninstalled Chrome and haven't had any since and have been using Firefox since then as well.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
The gif problem in chrome is supposedly fixed in version 28. It's still in beta but you can download ithere.

Desidero

N00b
Chrome is a nice browser, but I won't consider it until NoScript and AdBlock Plus work the same way there as they do in Firefox.

Firefox is basically just as fast as Chrome except in synthetic benchmarks, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
I used Firefox exclusively when Chrome first came out because they didn't have a no-script equivalent at the time. Now that the add-on scene has caught up, I've switched to chrome because it seems to load pages more quickly for me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The worst thing about Chrome is that the developers of Firefox seem to be in love with it, and hellbent on copying as many of its retarded ideas as they possibly can into Firefox.

That said, I have Chrome installed from when we were playing Die2Nite, and I didn't hate it nearly as much as I used to--but until it has an add-on that 100% duplicates what Tab Mix Plus does I would never consider using it as a primary browser.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
The only thing I miss about Firefox is the Image Zoom add-on I had. I'm using something in Chrome called Image Zoomer, which comes close to the original functionality, but it's still worse. AdBlock Plus has perfect functionality in Chrome for me, and I stopped using NoScript a couple years ago due to it being really fucking obnoxious on some webpages. Not being a tard offers good enough protection, I really didn't find it worth using.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I prefer firefox but I use chrome due to all of the data synching in my google account, so my phone, tablet, work PC, home PC all have the same bookmarks, cached form data etc.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I use Chrome and have done since it launched. The thing I like most about it is the built in bookmark and password sync. But that said, they've been making a lot of shit decisions lately and I'm seriously thinking of switching to FF in the near future.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've heard this from people about FF "bogging down" and I've never experienced it. I leave my browser open constantly too. The only time I have an issue is with certain sites and java sometimes, or sometimes after java updates. But that is always fixed by closing the offending site or rolling back the java version until its tweaked again. Once again I'm not add on crazy though and I'm a total nazi with NoScript.

Chrome just seems sluggish in comparison to me. IDK.