chrome or firefox?

foop_sl

shitlord
I feel that firefox is more resource intensive. I use both of them depending of what I am doing.
In addition, sharepoint works better with firefox than chrome. At the end of the day, 70% of the time, I am using Chrome.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I prefer firefox but I use chrome due to all of the data synching in my google account, so my phone, tablet, work PC, home PC all have the same bookmarks, cached form data etc.
This.

I haven't used Firefox in a while, but it always chewed up more memory than any other browser I've used. I'd have one page open and after several hours, it would be using more than 300 MB. Plus the constant updates got annoying as fuck. Every fucking day, seriously? ... also, Chrome is just plain fast. I use IE10 for anything Chrome chokes on. Which tends to be GIFs, some Youtube videos or video sites in general, or sites that use older/shitty html/frame coding. Windows 8 also throws a wrench in things, since Microsoft decided to require their approval before Flash updates are applied (to Chrome and IE).

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Opera bitches... WUT

rrr_img_34049.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im on firefox, though it crashes far more often than it used to. chrome runs a lot better but i dont like their setup and i dont know how to change it to look more like what im used to in firefox.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I use Chrome (mainly because of the fact that I'm balls-deep into Google with all the account sync shit and what not) but if they don't fix the .gif issue I will be switching.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't use a lot of addons, but the ones I have don't have equivalents in Chrome so the choice is easy.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
If you're gonna use Chrome use Chromium at least. There's less of the tracking nonsense.
I've read in the past that Chrome incognito mode has the smallest forensic footprint. Even less than Chromium. Is that still the case?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Chrome. But for the love of Jesus's hair nuts, the gifs are still shit for some reason.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Firefox on Windows, Chrome for my Linux boxes/VMs.

Two must have add-ons for Firefox that don't exist (as far as I'm aware) for Chrome: Speeddial and DownThemAll.

Big annoyance with Chrome-- when you download a file that big ass toolbar thing appears at the bottom. Fucking can't stand that shit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've heard this from people about FF "bogging down" and I've never experienced it. I leave my browser open constantly too. The only time I have an issue is with certain sites and java sometimes, or sometimes after java updates. But that is always fixed by closing the offending site or rolling back the java version until its tweaked again. Once again I'm not add on crazy though and I'm a total nazi with NoScript.

Chrome just seems sluggish in comparison to me. IDK.
Both browsers get bloated and shitty (see below) if you leave them open for too long. Most of the time it's caused by the Flash plug-in though, in my experience. Adobe is fucking incompetent, and I'm counting the days until Flash is finally deprecated on all platforms instead of just the mobile ones.

I've never noticed a speed difference between Chrome and Firefox. I've always just assumed that the people who do are still using Pentium 4's.

This is Chrome with 2 tabs open, versus Firefox with 9 including a rather large googledoc spreadsheet. I close Chrome when I'm not actively using it (basically for e-sim and nothing else), and the Firefox instance is probably 4-5 days old at this point.

rrr_img_34096.png

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Both browsers get bloated and shitty (see below) if you leave them open for too long. Most of the time it's caused by the Flash plug-in though, in my experience. Adobe is fucking incompetent, and I'm counting the days until Flash is finally deprecated on all platforms instead of just the mobile ones.

I've never noticed a speed difference between Chrome and Firefox. I've always just assumed that the people who do are still using Pentium 4's.

This is Chrome with 2 tabs open, versus Firefox with 9 including a rather large googledoc spreadsheet. I close Chrome when I'm not actively using it (basically for e-sim and nothing else), and the Firefox instance is probably 4-5 days old at this point.

rrr_img_34096.png
Chrome is using ~511 K of memory and FF is using 659K. I don't understand your point.