Chronicles of Elyria - new mmo

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Say you even remove the death = lose of playtime. I am skeptical of a "your character will die in X days(info seems to be around a year)" no matter what. I just can't imagine the requirement of starting over every year* in a MMO, going over well.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Perma Death i dont mind, paying money for another life is where this game will lose everyone. It looks interesting but thats just to big a hurdle to get by, even for someone as big on pvp games as I am.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Say you even remove the death = lose of playtime. I am skeptical of a "your character will die in X days(info seems to be around a year)" no matter what. I just can't imagine the requirement of starting over every year* in a MMO, going over well.
Its isnt so much starting over. Its my understanding that you cannot fully develop your character without dying. Lets say you die after 365 days due to old age, and for easy math during that lifetime you managed to accumulate 15 points in Swordsmanship, when you reincarnate into life 2 you will level Swordsmanship more quickly due to your skill focus in your first life so you'd be capable of gaining 20 points in Swordsmanship AND 5 points in Tailoring on life 2, so forth and so on, kind of like Ultima Online's veteran skill points system.

Flez_sl

shitlord
Perma Death i dont mind, paying money for another life is where this game will lose everyone. It looks interesting but thats just to big a hurdle to get by, even for someone as big on pvp games as I am.
I agree... I have a hard time to justify paying money for something disposable... the whole micro transaction universe doesn't work for me... maybe i'm just getting too old for this!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree... I have a hard time to justify paying money for something disposable... the whole micro transaction universe doesn't work for me... maybe i'm just getting too old for this!
I think my issue isnt that it would cost me money. Im okay with paying a sub for a game and this would come out as less than a monthly sub. The issue im having with it is that the most important thing for a PvP MMO is to have the world full of people to kill and I dont think theyll have enough players to do that.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think my issue isnt that it would cost me money. Im okay with paying a sub for a game and this would come out as less than a monthly sub. The issue im having with it is that the most important thing for a PvP MMO is to have the world full of people to kill and I dont think theyll have enough players to do that.
You don't think "I want to pay real $ after getting ganked by an elite pvper!" ranks high on the list of the majority MMO players?