Cigars and Cigarettes

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, when I said "entry level" I meant "I don't want to spend thousands or something ridiculous", not "tell me how to build a hobo humidor". Obviously I don't need anything large or ridiculously high end, but I have no problem spending several hundred bucks on something decent, if that's what it costs. I forgot to mention that I live in a ridiculously dry climate. In the winter months, the relative humidity in my place is ridiculously low, as my humidifier is broken and it's a pain in the ass to fix due to a bunch of shit to do with the condo's heating system and common property rules etc. When the average outdoor temperature is -10C to -20C and there's no humidification, the RH indoors is damn near in the single digits.

Thanks for the tips on cigars.

Haha, coolidors may seem "hobo," but they are probably the best functional choice (they retain temperature and humidity perfectly). Being cheap wasn't what I was getting at by recommending one (good ones are hard to find and ship). The main issue is any good humidor company generally avoids shipping them to residential addresses if possible, so you may want to check any larger cigar lounges/shops around you and see what they have. They'll typically carry some of the better brands (ones you won't find on CigarsInternational, cigars.com, etc). Like someone above, avoid any wood humidor with glass at all cost. 'Daniel Marshall' humidors are absolutely fantastic for the price/quality

This is what I would buy if you want a "plug and play" option if you want a nice modern look (I believe I remember you living in a very nice condo from pictures you posted a few years back on FOH?): https://www.amazon.com/NewAir-CC-30...5_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5RWNBYMFNZKAFHK196GE
I am actually contemplating one of these. They also make a smaller option.

Last edited:

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty decent looking, but simply too big for what I'm considering. I'm not going to be storing boxes and boxes, just a couple dozen at most. Not, uh, 400. I'd be looking at something that sits on a counter/shelf. I did get a small wooden one, no glass, as a door prize. But it just kind of seemed like a piece of junk with a foam water thing and an obviously faulty humidity gauge.

Actually, their 250 count one might be workable. I've got some space on a bar area that it would fit nicely on, although it doesn't really match the bar.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Half the allure is shopping for shit and collecting cigars.

Lol at the first wine cooler being ridiculous and coming back with a half wine cooler 6 minutes later. It has begun.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm not really a big wine drinker either, but fuck it, I could kill two birds with one stone right?!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm not really a big wine drinker either, but fuck it, I could kill two birds with one stone right?!

My thoughts on it. Also would be a nice show/conversation piece. I know plenty of ppl that buy wine coolers just to look fancy and just have $2 wines in them.

I'd love a beer/cigar cooler like that.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My thoughts on it. Also would be a nice show/conversation piece. I know plenty of ppl that buy wine coolers just to look fancy and just have $2 wines in them.

I'd love a beer/cigar cooler like that.

Something like that but, 90% cooler and 10% humidifier would be perfect. I'll smoke a cigar only a couple times a year, but wouldn't mind being able to keep a small selection on hand for special occasions. Plus I'm tired of stashing all my fancy beers under/behind everything else in the fridge.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Still have to go to Cuba to buy, fuck Obama

You can bring them back from anywhere actually. The US was the only one to ban Cuban goods, all neighboring countries had no issues. Quick trip to Canada or Mexico and you could pick up rum and cigars, trying to get it back was the issue but that is now solved. There are only a few Cuban cigars that really stand-out realistically. The rum is where I am excited!

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I usually don't keep cigars long enough to necessitate a humidor, but now they seem to be stacking up.

I'm just going to throw them in one of my small coolers for now. What a good humidifier option that's on the cheap?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I usually don't keep cigars long enough to necessitate a humidor, but now they seem to be stacking up.

I'm just going to throw them in one of my small coolers for now. What a good humidifier option that's on the cheap?

Tupperware containers or sealed cooler with some type of humidification beads or Boveda packs.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Tupperware containers or sealed cooler with some type of humidification beads or Boveda packs.

I did exactly this for years. Costco had some pyrex baking dishes with silicon lids that were perfect dimensions for cigars.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I use beads, they are the easiest and least maintenance from what I've seen. I think i ordered mine from heartfelt industries. I don't think they're expensive. You can order cheap humidors and they'll have some foam built in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know how people smoke those. They're sweet to the point of cloying.