Cigars and Cigarettes

I'm a longcut guy myself, but that new ready cut skoal has is perfect. Not as messy in your teeth, and not worthless like pouches. Granted, I'm trying to quit dipping, though- so fuck dip!

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
In my humidor it ranges from Bolivar, cohiba, montechristo and romeo Y julietta. i like the Montechristo but i prefer a cohiba. My wife likes the Romeo Y julietta. The bolivar was a gift, i haven't tried it yet.

Near my house there is a tobacco store where they have all kinds of cigars. They gave me a CAO Mx2 wich is a very good smoke for a good price.

During the day i smoke either cigarettes or small corona's, mostly the Brasil line of Elephant...a dutch cigar company.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cubans seem overhyped to me. Padron2000 is a great call. A few more of my favorites are the oliva v, cao brazilia, and I had some cao box pressed anniversary somethings that were top notch.

Marko_sl

shitlord
Anyone have much experience with the 3 Renyas line of cigars? The ones I have tried have been very hit and miss.

Funny how that works. I've rarely had a Rocky Patel product I didn't like. And I've rarely had an Alec Bradley product I did like.

But 3 Reynas stuff? A complete mixed bag.

Pipe -

Pulled some Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Kendal Kentucky out of my cellar, I aged it because the first go round it tasted like smoking pencil shavings. Two years later the flavor softened a lot. Pretty strong Nic buzz., but flavor is one note.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Speaking of cellars, now is a good time to be squirreling away your favorite blends and cigars if you don't have a well stocked B&M close by that you can rely on. The FDA is expected to announce within the first half of this year it's intention of expanding existing regulations prohibiting remote sales of cigs and wet snuff to include pipe tobacco, thanks to all the RYO tobacco that is currently being mislabeled to get around those regulations. They will likely normalize the federal taxes on cigarettes to include tobacco in all forms as well.

Speaking of cellars, now is a good time to be squirreling away your favorite blends and cigars if you don't have a well stocked B&M close by that you can rely on. The FDA is expected to announce within the first half of this year it's intention of expanding existing regulations prohibiting remote sales of cigs and wet snuff to include pipe tobacco, thanks to all the RYO tobacco that is currently being mislabeled to get around those regulations. They will likely normalize the federal taxes on cigarettes to include tobacco in all forms as well.
I have been hearing this same threat for years, better not be fucking true this time either. I'll have to end up buying net tobacco through Europe.

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
For those interested in trying cuban cigars, just be aware that in the U.S. many cuban brands will sell a version of their cigar that is not made in Cuba. For example, Montecristo produces a line made in Nicaragua, for sale in the U.S. The cigars produced this way are totally inferior to the cuban versions, I have done many comparisons out of curiosity.

I enjoy a cigar around once a month. My favorites include montecrist 4, bolivar robusto, partagas D4, or some petit corona versions of these. I normally don't have a lot of time to smoke, so prefer ones that can be smoked in 20 minutes or so.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I swear by Perdomo. Probably only one cigar I didnt like, but I think it was at store level. The Patriarch is amazing, and the anniversaries are spectacular. My go to is the Lot 23 or on occasion the medium bodied Patriarch. The company is top notch too. Another stick i always keep in stock is the Jaime Garcia Especial

Anyone else lose it when you are at an outing and bring a stick and your buddies go to the nearest gas station or mom and pop liquor store and buy a "mid to high price" cigar just to try and compete with you? Had that happen a few times. Those cigars are drier that a nuns chuff

Pipe - just bought a pound ofMcClelland 2015, really digging it. has that ketchup / prune smell, very slow burning, rich flavor of fruit and spice. Gorgeous looking broken flake.

McClelland2015.jpg

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Benn chewing Grizzly for awhile. Switched from Kodiak because it was half the price and ended up liking it alot better anyway. Only women and children chew skoal around these parts.

rrr_img_13687.jpg

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just smoked a Romeo and Julieta Cuban I've had stashed for about 6 years. Don't think i needed to wait that long for it to be good, but it was.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just smoked a Romeo and Julieta Cuban I've had stashed for about 6 years. Don't think i needed to wait that long for it to be good, but it was.
Partagas D is my go-to Cuban when I can get them, but you can never go wrong with a nice R&J, so nice smoke you had indeed.

Nicaraguans are my favorite region overall as I think Cubans are amazing smokes, but very overrated. They are basically the German beers of cigars; great & consistent, but lack adventure and depth as they rarely venture to create new and creative blends. I've been smoking Nica Rusticas like mad lately (seems nearly everyday). One of the best smokes I've had in awhile that doesn't break the bank. I generally steer towards Padrons, anything Drew Estates (Nica Rusticas, Liga Privada No. 9/T52, Liga Privada special blends), Ernesto Perez Carrillo (EPC), La Flor Dominicana, 262s, Fuente (will be on everyone's list), Tatuaje, Oliva, Ashtons, Illusions, LA Palina. I smoke a cigar or two a day on average. I smoke a Meerschaum Pipe (Altinok) on occassion with local smoke-shop blends. Most local smokeshop blends are sourced from Lane, but I am a Latakia, Perique, and Virgnia type of guy as I need something more fullbodied and strong since I am more of a cigar smoker.

I could talk about cigars for hours. This thread needed a bump

Liga Privada w/ a (large) glass of 'Blade & Bow' bourbon
rrr_img_125308.jpg

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Girlfriend surprised me with an order that just came in. Love her.

Drew Estates "The Egg" - Maduro - she saw it and just was so interested in how it smoked and what it was like. Very smooth smoke, very long smoke. About halfway through the "egg" part and been smoking for an hour and 20 minutes so far. Started very light and creamy, now a bit spicier and bolder.

Also got me an Opus Perfection X from Arturo Fuente - saving that for after we move at the end of the month - moving to Tucson, and going to light it up on our new porch once all moved in.

my girl is great!

Been a big fan lately of Drew Estates in general - their Java Maduro is very smooth and tasty, and also recently tried their Mint Maduro. Very good. I do prefer a flavored smoke.

rrr_img_128130.jpg
rrr_img_128131.jpg
rrr_img_128132.jpg

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I've settled on Perdomo 10th Champagne as my normal go to cigars to give out to other people. It's a pretty good cigar for a wide audience. About as creamy as they get and usually impresses people not that used to cigars. More seasoned smokers won't think it's anything special but also won't turn their noses at it.

Then I'll rotate in a box of something nicer for myself to enjoy over the span of a couple months. Right now that's La Privada t52s. That's a Drew Estate as well and I agree I'm usually impressed with their quality.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I've settled on Perdomo 10th Champagne as my normal go to cigars to give out to other people. It's a pretty good cigar for a wide audience. About as creamy as they get and usually impresses people not that used to cigars. More seasoned smokers won't think it's anything special but also won't turn their noses at it.

Then I'll rotate in a box of something nicer for myself to enjoy over the span of a couple months. Right now that's La Privada t52s. That's a Drew Estate as well and I agree I'm usually impressed with their quality.
Drew Estates cigar lines > everyone right now in terms of flavor, quality, and consistency. Fuente was generally the king of quality and consistency (outside of ultra-premiums), but Drew Estates has been kicking ass and taking names over the last few years. No idea how long it will last since they were recently purchased by Swisher, but supposedly DE will have full autonomy.

Speaking of which, just smoked a Feral Pig, damn was it good.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I won't say I dislike Fuentes because I certainly don't, but I think the greatest appeal of their cigars is you can usually count on being able to find a decent one wherever you are. In general they smoke ok and there are some nice flavors, but I've never been impressed with the build quality. When I pull one of those La Privadas out of the humidor I'll spend a couple seconds just admiring the craftsmanship. I haven't ever done that with a Fuente.