Cities Skylines II

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I came here to post exactly this. I had the story bookmarked on my phone.

Like why do they even open their mouths? I bet they have toes too. <bigp>This is all feet degenerates' fault somehow.</bigp>

You're a teeth girl, admit it

edit- or at least play one online

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah, I came here to post exactly this. I had the story bookmarked on my phone.

Like why do they even open their mouths? I bet they have toes too. <bigp>This is all feet degenerates' fault somehow.</bigp>
I feel like a city builders citizens don't need any features. madness! Did they just downscale a big model?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Looks like there were some game-breaking bugs with the economy simulation that they worked around by crippling the resource management, largely turning it into a city painter with traffic (which is how I felt City Skylines 1 was).

This is so disappointing. My biggest gripe about the first game was there really wasn't much strategy or management needed; it was just paint the map with buildings. There just wasn't much of a game behind it and I thought this one would be different but I guess not.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this game is about a year away from being playable. It'll take that long for them to iron out all those bugs. Sad...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So this game is about a year away from being playable.
So 3x better than Cyberpunk released in?

After Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky I'm totally okay just waiting for games to get good.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

After Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky I'm totally okay just waiting for games to get good.
Agreed. Especially with how big my back log and I suspect everyone else’s is. I just started cyberpunk last week!

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Rubbish - I played CP2077 on release with a 3080 and it was butter smooth. It has improved drastically since, but it was playable. I'm on a 4090 now and cannot achieve above 30 fps without the game turning into a PS4 game graphically.

Daidraco

This is so disappointing. My biggest gripe about the first game was there really wasn't much strategy or management needed; it was just paint the map with buildings. There just wasn't much of a game behind it and I thought this one would be different but I guess not.
This is how I felt about the first one, too. I would install it, play it until bed or something and... not log back into it for a while, and when I did - I would just start a new game. It felt just.. mindless.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The first game ultimately broke down into a traffic simulator at 'endgame.' Nearly every other system aside from the trivial water management became bottlenecked by traffic at high population densities. The only way to grow was to come up with increasingly effective ways to deal with traffic.

This was before most of the DLCs.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man, Gamepass sure has kept me from wasting a lot of money this year.

All sorts of minor annoyances and frustrations, but the worst one is that I'm too fucking colorblind for this game. There's a bunch of shit I just can't tell the difference between. The Skylines 1 wasn't anywhere near this bad. And no colorblind mode at all (not that those ever work for me)?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Man, Gamepass sure has kept me from wasting a lot of money this year.

All sorts of minor annoyances and frustrations, but the worst one is that I'm too fucking colorblind for this game. There's a bunch of shit I just can't tell the difference between. The Skylines 1 wasn't anywhere near this bad. And no colorblind mode at all (not that those ever work for me)?

Don’t panic, you can find help Depression and Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Daidraco

Low T usually has a bunch of symptoms, too. There is help out there!
Signs_of_low_testosterone.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

My feelings exactly. It was more of a chill out/relax game that you played like endless Bejeweled.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Got my new power supply in and finished my vidya card install. Game runs fine and looks fine. I9, RTX 4090. Not sure how anyone with similar specs is getting framerates under 50, maybe your PC has AIDS.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will probably buy this eventually, but I want to see stable frames 30-50 when the population is 100k, on mid range cards.

That GN video showed how weirdly done this game is. And they did it all in 1080p. I want to play in 1440p damn it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
For me, nothing has come close to City Life:

Probably too dated now, and not as good a simulation, but a much better game.
Has structure and actual sub classes of people that you need to balance. ie blue collars vs yuppies I think, 6 in total.
Really wish it had been developed more in terms of better sequals, dlc, but think the company went into trouble and went with more generic city builder type setup, etc

Goonsquad Officer
anybody wants to try a builder (production chain builder) that won't make your PC shit itself, anno 1800 is free to play for the next several days. it won't be enough to play a full game but you can try it if you haven't.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
anybody wants to try a builder (production chain builder) that won't make your PC shit itself, anno 1800 is free to play for the next several days. it won't be enough to play a full game but you can try it if you haven't.

Free how? Steam wants 60 bucks.

Goonsquad Officer
uhh maybe it's not started yet. there's been a thing on my library page about there being a free trial period the second to like the sixth. maybe we haven't hit the time zone of strange european country yet.

• 1Like