kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: City Hunter (2024)

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Yuichi Satoh

Cast: Ryohei Suzuki, Misato Morita, Masanobu Ando, Fumino Kimura

Release: 2024-04-24

Plot: When Ryo's partner Makimura is killed, he and Makimura's sister Kaori team up to find out the truth, thus forming a new duo.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If this is just a movie or 5 part 'series' then it will suck. There is just way too much in the manga to crush it down that far. If it gets the full on One Piece treatment it could be good. This is an 80s/90s manga that was pretty good.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If this is just a movie or 5 part 'series' then it will suck. There is just way too much in the manga to crush it down that far. If it gets the full on One Piece treatment it could be good. This is an 80s/90s manga that was pretty good.
Wasn't there already a Jackie Chan movie based on this awhile back?

Szlia

Wasn't there already a Jackie Chan movie based on this awhile back?
There was. There is also a well known animated serie. I think, a bit like Lupin the 3rd, the serie is more light and comedic than the original manga? Never read the manga and only watched a bit of the serie back in the '90s (the french dub was notoriously goofy - with some quote becoming memes - and they also made almost nonsensical edits to remove the sexual themes - like soaplands turning into vegetarian restaurants, I kid you not).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol yea I was immediately like 'who on earth would remake a super obscure Jackie Chan movie'

I had no idea this was some weeb nonsense

Szlia

I guess it should also be mentioned that the Jackie Chan movie has very little to do with the original material.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database