City of Heroes has actually been online for years....

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
I've re-validated the files twice now, doesn't seem to help. Getting late so I may just try tomorrow and see if its fixed itself, if not I'll try the GMs.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Have you asked a GM on the discord? I've not heard of that happening, also try to re-validate the files through Tequila (or whateverr launcher you're using)

Eh, ended up still happening, but I think its more to do with my computer just showing its age. I'm able to move around in the zones themselves fine, it jsut seems it takes too long to load the larger ones. Might be time to look at upgrading the rig. Gonna post in the tech forum and see if anyone can offer some guidance.

Cybsled

CoH is like 15 years old, your computer shouldn't be having issues if the client is the same unless you're running an ancient rig.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, I managed to figure out what my issue is and a work around solution for it.

I play in Windowed mode, with it maximized and what seems to be happening is that when I zone the screen ends up getting desynced and doesn't load properly. If I Refresh my desktop, this fixes it and its promptly synces back up and I load the zone.

Can't find much in the game video settings to change so not sure if there's a permanent solution of if I'll just have to do this as needed.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Game is pretty solid. The /coxg/ team (4chan) spun up their server and it's doing well too. They are going to be releasing an issue update, so the game does appear to be branching.

I think the homecoming servers will be the ultimate baseline though, simply by virtue of the number of people playing. But the coxg server has absolutely no moderation so its got its advantages.

Still no word from NCSoft. I suspect at this point they are just going to let it be. Not sure though about the Canada server move. To me, that seems like it would make it easier to shutdown than where thye are now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
FoH is hosted in Canada because of how cheap the OVH servers are up there and I bet it’s the only reason for moving hosting. American servers and bandwidth is expensive.

Well, currently they are in Amsterdam. But yes, the hosting is supposed to be much cheaper with OVH. I just worry that will make it a little easier for NC to shut it down if they wanted to go that route.

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
I'm looking into downloading this now, any information on how to recover your hero's / old account ?

I played in Equinox, the guild that krozman started lol

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm looking into downloading this now, any information on how to recover your hero's / old account ?

I played in Equinox, the guild that krozman started lol

Haven’t heard of any way to restore your old characters. I could be wrong, but there’s definitely not anything on the Homecoming forums about it, otherwise I’d imagine there would be detailed instructions.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm on Torchbearer.

RWZ raids going on. Was very good times.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Where do I go to install this?

be aware they are doing the server move today so there might be some issues later with it, but largely its been quite stable.

I will update the original post of this thread with info probably a good idea for me to do that (installing, etc).

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
be aware they are doing the server move today so there might be some issues later with it, but largely its been quite stable.

I will update the original post of this thread with info probably a good idea for me to do that (installing, etc).

Great, thanks I appreciate it!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They added the experience boosters to the P2W vendor in Atlas Park. The buffs are free, last an hour, and you can stack as many as you want. Your choice of 25, 50, or 100 increased XP, with the downside of reduced Influence gain proportionate to the XP bonus. Really nice if you have a high level guy to farm influence, and just want to level an alt.

There’s also all of the original prestige powers available for free, pets, and different travel powers. It’s worth picking up Sands of Mu, Undead Slaying Axe, and either the Black Wand or Tech Staff thingy on any new characters you make. Those powers are still useful into the late 20’s, and help flesh out rotations, or give a melee character a range attack, and vice versa.

I guess these were all of the micro transaction things when the game went F2P and the veteran rewards.

The vendor is to the left of Ms.Liberty at the base of the statue, by the water.

• 1Like