Civil War (2024)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Thanks for letting us know you are going to watch it, that is so much more helpful than his post.

I don't read every thread here so I could be wrong, but I would wager that none of your likely dozens of posts today are considered worth reading by the vast majority of the members here. Probably all week.
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm watching it now. The most notable thing so far is that Kirsten Dunst and I are the same age but she looks 5-7 years older than me at least

• 1Barf
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I finished watching it.

It was decent enough but suffers for an almost total lack of "lore" explaining the different factions. The third faction "Florida Alliance" gets like one mention. There's one comment about a third term and disbanding the FBI, and the President barely features. Oh and a comment of the "antifa massacre". Plus two snipers that wear nail varnish.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I finished watching it.

It was decent enough but suffers for an almost total lack of "lore" explaining the different factions. The third faction "Florida Alliance" gets like one mention. There's one comment about a third term and disbanding the FBI, and the President barely features. Oh and a comment of the "antifa massacre". Plus two snipers that wear nail varnish.
Is it on streaming at this point? I was going to sit down and watch it whenever it's available, just figure out why Alex garland would maybe make something like this. I mean he's a great director and I loved his other films, but from everything that I hear this one's going to be a turd.

Does it really not set up or at least explain why stuff goes south very well? I mean you would think that would be a foundational bit of information for the entire goddamn movie.

It sounds like it's just too bad but a very talented director pooped out of super lackluster film. Even as most cheesy movies are always well shot and fun, but this looks like it might be a chore to watch.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is it on streaming at this point? I was going to sit down and watch it whenever it's available, just figure out why Alex garland would maybe make something like this. I mean he's a great director and I loved his other films, but from everything that I hear this one's going to be a turd.

Does it really not set up or at least explain why stuff goes south very well? I mean you would think that would be a foundational bit of information for the entire goddamn movie.

It sounds like it's just too bad but a very talented director pooped out of super lackluster film. Even as most cheesy movies are always well shot and fun, but this looks like it might be a chore to watch.

No, I've summarised every example of back story/lore above

It's a decent movie just not a war/military movie. Although what action pieces there are were done very well. It sounded amazing on my atmos system

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

The whole point is that you don't understand what is going on and that everything is ambiguous. While a very different movie, Annihilation kinda worked on the same principle.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No, I've summarised every example of back story/lore above

It's a decent movie just not a war/military movie. Although what action pieces there are were done very well. It sounded amazing on my atmos system
What platforms is it on. I haven't been sailing the high seas in a long while, what is it available on something. I do want to watch it even though I might be pissed at it.

I mean the man deserves my attention because he's a pretty great filmmaker, I'm a vast majority of movies he's made I've thoroughly enjoyed. You're British if I'm not mistaken as he as well respected there as I guess some of us here in the states think of him? Guy is just a good filmmaker or director or whatever.

Oldbased

> Than U
For me, the heros were all the people I was supposed to hate. I'm ok with that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
s me, the heros were all the people I was supposed to hate. I'm ok with that.
It's a worth spending a few bucks to rent just for the spectacle?

His last most wonderful greatest movie he ever made was The descent if I'm not mistaken, and God damn is that a wonderful horror film. I guess that's why I'm curious about this movie and perplexed as to why he may be made it. Hot women saw that movie in the theater with my brother and both of us were pretty blown away by just how amazing it was. It was basically dog soldiers with a massive budget and shot way better.

Szlia

Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded The Descent was directed by Neil Marshall (who also directed Dog Soldiers). Alex Garland is the director of Ex Machina and Annihilation as well as the writer of 28 Days/Weeks later, Sunshine and Dredd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded The Descent was directed by Neil Marshall (who also directed Dog Soldiers). Alex Garland is the director of Ex Machina and Annihilation as well as the writer of 28 Days/Weeks later, Sunshine and Dredd.
It's a worth spending a few bucks to rent just for the spectacle?

His last most wonderful greatest movie he ever made was The descent if I'm not mistaken, and God damn is that a wonderful horror film. I guess that's why I'm curious about this movie and perplexed as to why he may be made it. Hot women saw that movie in the theater with my brother and both of us were pretty blown away by just how amazing it was. It was basically dog soldiers with a massive budget and shot way better.

he also directed the battle of blackwater bay in GOT s2. He was specifically hired because of his experience of low budget action films

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
he also directed the battle of blackwater bay in GOT s2. He was specifically hired because of his experience of low budget action films
No shit? I had no idea. He's a wonderful director and I like the vast majority of his movies, this one just looks to be ehhhhhhh, if you know what I mean.

Makes a lot of sense because most of his films have been extremely low budget but he's able to take a project and turn it into something way bigger than what that budget allows him to accomplish.

Szlia

No shit? I had no idea. He's a wonderful director and I like the vast majority of his movies, this one just looks to be ehhhhhhh, if you know what I mean.

Makes a lot of sense because most of his films have been extremely low budget but he's able to take a project and turn it into something way bigger than what that budget allows him to accomplish.
I guess it was not crystal clear the way I worded it before or I am confused. Let me try again: Civil War, the movie this thread is about, is written and directed by Alex "Ex Machina" Garland, *not* by Neil "The Descent" Marshall.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I guess it was not crystal clear the way I worded it before or Szlia Szlia is confused. Let me try again: Game of Thrones S02E09, the episode my comment is about, was directed by Neil "Dog Soldiers" Marshall, *not* by Alex "Men" Garland.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I guess it was not crystal clear the way I worded it before or I am confused. Let me try again: Civil War, the movie this thread is about, is written and directed by Alex "Ex Machina" Garland, *not* by Neil "The Descent" Marshall.
Sorry all those British directors I just kind of lump them in to the same vehicle. Both are good, I just forgot which one decided to make this stinker of a movie.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I finished watching it.

Not sure if the "antifa massacre" was antifa massacring people, or antifa being massacred. Much like the rest of the movie, it doesn't actually say anything.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When the most unbelievable part of your movie is that there are journalists that exist who are completely unbiased and can go from side to side like that simply to "get the story".

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Garbage from start to finish. I hated the soundtrack. Some of the most annoying sounds interspersed with terrible jump cuts. Basically don't tell any cohesive story, just put out a bunch of war related vignettes and tie them together with the flimsiest plot imaginable. And make sure all the truly evil guys are wearing some sort of maga colored gear. Tie, hat, sunglasses.

• 3Like