Civilization V: Brave New World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I've just been buying my way to victory using Venice lately, since they get a shit ton of trade routes and I need to only maintain my 1 city. Get all the city states to ally via gold. Spies in all those that other Civs match me on. Get my 30 votes, and a win.

Usually I never have to worry about attacks, since I never give access inside my country. I mean if Shaka is close, I know the wave will hit, but other than that, I'm good.

Sulrn

Deuces
Got the game of humble played two games won both and deleted the game.

Had much more fun on Civ 2 and was looking forward to getting back into civ, but this edition just couldn't hold at all even with running mods on the second playthrough. Did 'Mericah tech win and Byz culture win by killing off anyone not converted to my awesomeness.

Both felt exactly the same and thereby boring as hell.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Diplomatic Victory, where you build a strong economy and buy off all the City State's allegiance is way, way too easy. The amount of time and effort that goes into that victory type, versus the others is kind of dumb.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got the game of humble played two games won both and deleted the game.

Had much more fun on Civ 2 and was looking forward to getting back into civ, but this edition just couldn't hold at all even with running mods on the second playthrough. Did 'Mericah tech win and Byz culture win by killing off anyone not converted to my awesomeness.

Both felt exactly the same and thereby boring as hell.
Was this at Immortal or Deity difficulty?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much every victory in Civ5 is also a tech victory. Heavy modding is required to make the game work. The biggest issue to me maintains the unsteady difficulty curve. Either the early game is too hard because the AI headstart is too big due to difficulty and when you lower the difficulty, the game is piss easy once you're in medieval age because you're so far ahead. The AI sucks at 1upt and is no challenge once you have a 15 unit army, no matter how many units it has.

If only their multiplayer wasn't shit broken.
agree with difficulty. wtf.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Anyone interested in multiplayer for this ? I have 3 fairly experienced players... was hoping for 6 total. Perhaps we can do a couple nights a week, draw straws and let this shit get real..

Let me know if anyone is interested i will organize ( PM me or reply here ).

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Age of Wonders is way more like Master of Magic than Civ. The battles are in grid battles not on the main map. Heroes have inventories and all kinds of shizzle, treasure spell research. I really hope it does it all justice.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was this at Immortal or Deity difficulty?
Diety is basically unplayable, your first 50 turns are completely planned out because any deviation from that would slow you down enormously. The early game you are so ridiculously far behind, it's really not that much fun. The game should be hard at King, because that's designated the "Hard" difficulty. Yet all you need to do to win King is build NC quickly and you couldn't prevent outteching everyone if you tried.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
so I decide to play some civ 5 and right now the AI is losing 5k gold and 7500 gold per turn how are they still able to play the game? No revolutions no slow down of army production they each have over 20+ cities. Did I miss something recently about negative gold no longer having an impact on the game?