CNC (Lasers, Routers, Etc)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wow that is serious fading. Those were from sharpies?

Naw, they were some off-brand shit my company buys. I bought sharpies to re-do the chick in black with red lips but I never got access to the machine again.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never done tiles the way you are, my preference is painting them & burning away the design instead of burning it in and trying to darken the lines.

Not mine but similar in process

Attachments

• 1610728032538.png
    1610728032538.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've never done tiles the way you are, my preference is painting them & burning away the design instead of burning it in and trying to darken the lines.

Not mine but similar in process
Ahhhh, that's a really cool idea. Do you know if you can coat and seal it afterwards with something food safe? I may try that this weekend.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seal it yeah, food safe I have no earthly idea on that one. Paint on the small 3x3/4x4 white tiles at home depot that you can get a box of 100 for like $5 sticks pretty well so sealing it wasn't much of an issue.

Mineral oil or anything else I can think of you'd apply to a cutting board, I don't know if it'd have anything to penetrate on a tile and provide a barrier? You could probably epoxy it but wouldn't ever want to run that through a dishwasher.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Well the blue ink didn't come out very strong, so I filled this one back in with the black. Hopefully the other colors I picked up today look dark enough
20210121_173707.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like you're having fun with those. I sold my glowforge and got a 20x28 laser that I can't get alligned to save my life and the stupid corona fear makes it that much more difficult to find someone who will come do it next to impossible.

Sometimes its worth having a good to go out of the box machine like that

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Looks like you're having fun with those. I sold my glowforge and got a 20x28 laser that I can't get alligned to save my life and the stupid corona fear makes it that much more difficult to find someone who will come do it next to impossible.

Sometimes its worth having a good to go out of the box machine like that
I went through a metric fuckton of that sort of thing when I started building drones....then again when I was trying to get mapping to work. Happy I went through the process back then and I learned a ton, but it's just not worth it for me now....especially when I have a 2 year old. I can't spend 20 hours over a weekend fiddling with shit to try to make it work.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've been eyeballing one of those big ass 3D printers but things are just too uncertain right now for me to pick on up. If we get that retarded stimulus I might pick one up and try to make some money off of it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I stumbled into some settings that have absolutely perfect shading/gradients compared to the source imagery.....
1611632147634.png

1611632155677.png

But these are the longest F'ing engraves I've done yet. Need to try to find a combination that gets it under 6 hours and still has this shading.
1611632197326.png

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Started working on cork backers last night for some of these things, and I also found a simple stand design on the laser forums that I'm going to cut out tonight when I get home. Really liking the results from the ceramic stuff (and it's cheaper than slate), so I prepped a few more files I'm excited to try out...
1611704301769.png

1611704325936.png

1611704361383.png

1611704387956.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Throw together a few of norath or eq box art. I'm sure there's some nerds around here that would overpay for that!

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Throw together a few of norath or eq box art. I'm sure there's some nerds around here that would overpay for that!
Paging @Falxy-US

I SWEAR TO GOD I started making one about an hour ago of the iconic everquest background, but it looked like shit with the sketch filters. If that Yellowstone engrave above comes out good, ill just try a simple black and white of the everquest graphic.

Didn't think about WoW though....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
OK, so, you can take this as far as you want.

Like with the Fury Road stuff: do one of Adebisi Adebisi 's old Fury Road 'shoops, or something like that

Maybe try a classic Tuco Tuco ? LOL

eXyAR6H.jpg

NSHLTqt.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf