CNC (Lasers, Routers, Etc)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I cut a square plate out on the waterjet today for my SFFPC build, who wants to touch me?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I cut a square plate out on the waterjet today for my SFFPC build, who wants to touch me?
Explain.

I forgot to post this earlier, but I finished some puzzles for my daughter and her cousins. I tried a new (spray) stain on the borders/backers. It sucked.

Screenshot_20201002-115135_Gallery.jpg

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, I haven't seen a single adult themed puzzle ever. Might be a market to corner there!

Hekotat

Explain.

I forgot to post this earlier, but I finished some puzzles for my daughter and her cousins. I tried a new (spray) stain on the borders/backers. It sucked.

View attachment 307252

I was being facetious, it was super simple and generic.

However, here is the distro for my new SFFPC build and the mount that I cut.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You know, I haven't seen a single adult themed puzzle ever. Might be a market to corner there!
I swear to god, I have "Wood" (the black guy with a huge dick sitting on the corner of the bed) printed out and sitting on my work table at home right now. I printed it out last night and I'm going to sneak it into a care package as a puzzle that I'm sending my sister.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Update to the previous distro plate assembly. I got all the mounting hardware modeled and I'm contemplating modeling the pumps that go in the rear but I'm not sure it's necessary. Might just do it for the practice.

Should be able to re-cut the backplate on the waterjet Monday and then I'm just waiting on my friend to get the PVC in place for the router we built in his garage. After taht I can start assembling the dual loop in the Cerberus X.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Almost done with this one. PITA to put together in the steep areas and I don't know what to do about the glossy glue over run thats visible. Using glossy modge podge and trying to keep it from running out the sides, but not sure how that's possible in these narrow ones. Going to try matte mod podge next time. If over run on that still looks shitty, ill probably start doing 3 or 4 intervals per cut instead of the 2 I'm doing now.

Screenshot_20201013-202305_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201013-202252_Gallery.jpg

On another note, my brother in law is coming to town this week and I made 10 of these for my 5 year old nephew. Looking forward to seeing who loses an eye.
Screenshot_20201013-202314_Gallery.jpg

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and I thought it would be cool to try making one of these boxes with a 3d topo in the bottom and title/pictures/narrative in the lid. Kind of a "Mountains in a box" thing. Going to get started on that next week I think.

This one is just a test box with new wood. Tried a bunch of different things on it, including a cement pour that crumbled when I was sanding it. Looks like shit because after I ruined it with the cement pour, I just figured I'd try all my random ideas that I was afraid to try on something I liked.
Don't mind the ammo, that's just my weights when glueing the topo together.
Screenshot_20201013-202932_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201013-202945_Gallery.jpg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty cool design, good clean look to it. I'd really want to do something like this but no freaking space to be had currently, boooooo

Hekotat

For the love of god, SOMEONE PUT A COLOR PRINTER ON ONE OF THESE!!!

Many printer companies already sell this. We used to manufacture one in partnership with Roland, it could print on items up to 12" thick. I ended up making a really kick-ass Stormtrooper print off of it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Many printer companies already sell this. We used to manufacture one in partnership with Roland, it could print on items up to 12" thick. I ended up making a really kick-ass Stormtrooper print off of it.
Any of them affordable enough for home use and able to print on wood up to 11"x17"? Have any links if so? I've never had luck finding one and I've looked multiple times.
Really only care about printing on wood that's 1/8" to 1/4"

Hekotat

Any of them affordable enough for home use and able to print on wood up to 11"x17"? Have any links if so? I've never had luck finding one and I've looked multiple times.
Really only care about printing on wood that's 1/8" to 1/4"

You're looking for a flatbed printer. They are not built to last so you can probably find a fairly new one for cheap. What you consider affordable is another story, most print shops will buy cheap ones and throw them away every 5 years or so and get a new one.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Pretty cool design, good clean look to it. I'd really want to do something like this but no freaking space to be had currently, boooooo

That looks like a smaller version of the XCarve just a different manufacturer. If it weren't for the fact that calculating chip rates & feed speeds is a bitch I'd probably use mine more than a laser, but god do I hate calculating those.

Hekotat

Prototype of the distro plate for my new dual loop setup. We fucked up the threads trying to learn threadmilling but we figured it out.

Will have to cut another one but came out pretty good.

20201026_085225.jpg

20201026_085217.jpg

20201026_085209.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Don't remember if I posted this one after changing it to a wood baseboard. I changed it to a Matte finish after this picture as well, but didn't take another photo.
Laser (5).jpg

Just started putting this one together last night. No glue yet.

Laser (4).jpg

Laser (1).jpg

Laser (8).jpg
Laser (9).jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
First try at making custom poker chips for my colorblind ass. Going to fiddle with the sizes and stains and add 100, 500 and 1000 pieces. I like these so far though.
Screenshot_20201126-132041_Gallery.jpg

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would definitely go with the design on the 10, the ridged edges (if thats the right name for it?) are a good tactile feel. 25 looks like it has the nicest wood/coloring from the engrave

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Would definitely go with the design on the 10, the ridged edges (if thats the right name for it?) are a good tactile feel. 25 looks like it has the nicest wood/coloring from the engrave
The 10 is the only one I really need to change. I think I messed up that outer design because its the only one I have trouble putting back in the cutout when I flip it over to engrave the other side.

I really like the shape of the 25. The stain on that one is a bitch though. At least in winter, those gel stains are a sticky mess.