CNC (Lasers, Routers, Etc)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
jooka jooka Denamian Denamian - New border. The flowers didn't engrave too well because of how detailed and small they are. Used a simpler pattern along with Jooka's recommendation.
I reduced the contour line weight for the minor contours, too. Can't really tell in this low res jpg though. I spent half the day yesterday fiddle fucking with contours for Maui and Kauai and don't really feel like putting any more effort into those right now.
NewHawaii.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
jooka jooka Denamian Denamian - New border. The flowers didn't engrave too well because of how detailed and small they are. Used a simpler pattern along with Jooka's recommendation.
I reduced the contour line weight for the minor contours, too. Can't really tell in this low res jpg though. I spent half the day yesterday fiddle fucking with contours for Maui and Kauai and don't really feel like putting any more effort into those right now.
View attachment 326160

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the island from the top down view, but when you add in a side view look out the ocean with the sun on the horizon it looks peculiar. I'd do one or the other and see how it looks, could be really pretty if you did it as a view of the island from straight on.

Something like this viewpoint

1609711827279.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I like the island from the top down view, but when you add in a side view look out the ocean with the sun on the horizon it looks peculiar. I'd do one or the other and see how it looks, could be really pretty if you did it as a view of the island from straight on.

Something like this viewpoint

View attachment 326867
Thanks KM. That concept was based on pictorial maps, but was pretty half assed. What do you think about a hatch pattern like this? Or leave it blank? jooka jooka Denamian Denamian Hekotat Hekotat

1609792435152.png

1609792459498.png

edit: Or this one (just a quick and dirty example, I would make it line up better....)
1609793751290.png

I was trying to drop in some symbols like this instead, but didn't like the way any of them looked.
1609792518646.png

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My preference would be the compass since it's pretty simple yet adds to its overall look nicely. The first seems way to busy and a bit disorienting

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is one of those things we're a rendering doesn't really give tou an idea of how the final product will turn out. You'll have to probably raster one of each to see the results. I think it'll probably turn out cleaner with less but hard to say without seeing it.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I definitely like the compass version best.

I would also pay actual money for a couple of those slate coasters.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Haven't found the right power for gradients yet, if its even possible on slate.

Bearing lines are too thin.
Shoreline buffer lines are too fat and look like contours.
North letter is too small. Symbol might be.
Screenshot_20210104-185332_Gallery.jpg

• 1Barf