Cocaine Bear (2023)

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This movie was exactly what I expected. Great gore and violence, fucked up dark humor and exaggerated characters.

Significantly better than the new fucking Ant-Man.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Silly is fine, when it works. Like Tucker & Dale vs Evil.

The way I've been reading these reviews, it sounds like it's the type of silly that didn't really work.
Yep. This one tries to Xerox the shtick of T&DvE and fails.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not really sure what yall were expecting from a Sharknado type movie. Elizabeth Banks is really goddamn funny (when she's not whining about Charlie's Angels) but it sounds like some of yall need to learn how to shut the fuck up and laugh instead of trying to pick apart a movie about a bear going on a coke-fueled rampage.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Not really sure what yall were expecting from a Sharknado type movie. Elizabeth Banks is really goddamn funny (when she's not whining about Charlie's Angels) but it sounds like some of yall need to learn how to shut the fuck up and laugh instead of trying to pick apart a movie about a bear going on a coke-fueled rampage.
The core tenet of a comedy is that it should be funny. This wasn't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It was “Sharknado” funny - basically the dumb premise is the humor and it is an intentionally dumb premise vs unintentionally. But if that doesn’t appeal, then the movie is just dumb Syfy Saturday schlock

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was meh. I think I let the hype get to me and expected too much. Was let down. But had some funny moments.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i definitely feel like the movie only works in concept. i haven't seen it and don't plan to, but it doesn't sound like i'm missing much. the thing that's awesome about this movie is that it really happened (obviously much differently than the movie). a drug deal went bad and a bear at over half it's weight in cocaine. that's funny. the movie is explaining the joke which inherently makes it not funny.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping for something along the lines of Lake Placid. I didn't get that.

The best lines were the ones the kid says in the trailer. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't anything I'll ever watch again. Unlike Lake Placid, which I watch every few years because it's awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just got around to watching this. Such wasted potential. Someone needs to do an edit where they remove every scene that doesn't have the bear in it. It would be a much better movie.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Just got around to watching this. Such wasted potential. Someone needs to do an edit where they remove every scene that doesn't have the bear in it. It would be a much better movie.

shoulda been like Hardcore Henry but from the bear's POV

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users