College Basketball 2014-2015

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's all about the Wahoos.

rrr_img_80158.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mizzou has a new coach(Division II national champ last year, former All-American who played here in the late 70s and spent time in the NBA, Kim Anderson) and pretty much an entirely new team(our top 3 scorers from last year are all gone, that's 50 ppg)

Going to be a rough first year, but on the plus side, 8 of our 12-man roster are Freshmen and Sophomores(Two of those Freshmen were top-100 4* recruits this year), so things could be promising in another year or two. This year looks to be an official rebuilding year, not expecting much.

I think most Mizzou fans just want a team we can cheer for, and get behind again. Our last couple coaches (Mike Anderson and Frank Haith) really had no ties to Mizzou whatsoever or our basketball history, they just both brought in a lot of 1-year Juco players and transfers. It felt like a team full of mostly hired guns and free agents for the last couple years. We've been severely lacking in players that spend any significant length of time on campus that fans can actually follow their career and cheer on for more than 1 season. Anderson and Haith had been puling a Kentucky, only instead of doing it with highly-touted Freshmen 1-and-dones, they were trying to do it with JUCO guys and transfers from other teams that nobody really wanted due to attitude? and/or work ethic problems or whatever.

I'm glad we now have a coach who wants to be here, and isn't just always looking for that next paycheck around the corner with 1 foot constantly out the door, someone that actually cares about the university.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Someone actually watches this shit outside of March Madness? Color me amazed.....

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spartans are going to look way, way different this year. They've got a lot of young guys that pretty much no one else wanted(sound familiar?) because apparently none of the top kids want to go to MSU. Now we get to hear the basketball program talk about getting the 'right fit' guys instead of the Cliff Alexander and Jahlil Okafors of the world. I'm skeptical, but fuck I love college basketball. Can't wait.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Someone actually watches this shit outside of March Madness? Color me amazed.....
NCAA Football > NFL Football > NCAA Basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MLB >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

And that's pretty much the end of my sports watching list. Nothing is really close to those first three though. I'll watch almost any game that is on in those first 3 sports, Ill only watch baseball if it's my own team playing, and I'll only watch the NBA if it's the last game or two of the finals

Kaines

Potato Supreme
C'mon Dukies. Get vastly overrated then suck ass in the tournament again this year... you know you can!

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
NCAA Football > NFL Football > NCAA Basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MLB >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

And that's pretty much the end of my sports watching list. Nothing is really close to those first three though. I'll watch almost any game that is on in those first 3 sports, Ill only watch baseball if it's my own team playing, and I'll only watch the NBA if it's the last game or two of the finals
You crazy. NFL > NCAA Football > NBA > College.

I love basketball but the product in college is such a shit show now. It's tons of fun to attend games but watching them is hard because there's no continuity from year to year.

NBA is glorious to behold. So many subplots, so many small, hilarious things that happen. The media presence(inside the NBA, Simmons, twitter, podcasts) are fucking amazing. It's honestly the most "fun" sport to follow. I don't even root for a team and I look forward to it like a national holiday.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I am just utterly shocked (not)... Duke, UNC, and Kansas overrated and overranked yet again, year after year? No idea how Louisville is ranked that bad, should easily be top 5. They give these high rankings to Duke, UNC, etc because of their freshman that have never played a single game yet? Blows my mind

Oh well, I'll wait for all 3 of then to be knocked out first round like normal I guess and watch yet again then be to 5 next year.

Can't wait to see the Gators chomp on UK again too when Uk has all that "talent"

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Every year is a fun when you have the best coach in America, Bob Huggins. Juwan Staten a #1 PG will lead us to the promised land.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
NBA is glorious to behold. So many subplots, so many small, hilarious things that happen. The media presence(inside the NBA, Simmons, twitter, podcasts) are fucking amazing. It's honestly the most "fun" sport to follow. I don't even root for a team and I look forward to it like a national holiday.
While I'll admit that guys like Charles Barkley and Bill Simmons are quite entertaining to listen to, that is despite the sport they cover, not because of it. The NBA is an atrocious game where the regular season is completely meaningless(nobody even plays hard until the last half of the 4th quarter). And while some may argue that College Basketball regular season is meaningless as well, once you hit March and the conference tournaments + NCAA tournament start, there's 100+ teams that have a shot at getting hot and going on an epic run from their conference tourney into the NCAA tourney.

Every single year College Basketball creates new, unexpected cinderella stories that come out of nowhere to surprise the entire country. When is the last time anyone won an NBA championship, or even made the finals that wasn't predicted to be one of the top handful of teams before the season started? The NBA is just completely predictable and boring. Newsflash, the NBA finals will be Spurs/Clippers/Thunder vs Cavs/Bulls. There you go, you can skip the whole regular season and the first several series of the postseason as well.

On the flip side, you could probably ask 100 people who the NCAA Final 4 will be this year, and I bet nobody even gets 3 of the 4 correct.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think most Mizzou fans just want a team we can cheer for, and get behind again. Our last couple coaches (Mike Anderson and Frank Haith) really had no ties to Mizzou whatsoever or our basketball history, they just both brought in a lot of 1-year Juco players and transfers. It felt like a team full of mostly hired guns and free agents for the last couple years. We've been severely lacking in players that spend any significant length of time on campus that fans can actually follow their career and cheer on for more than 1 season. Anderson and Haith had been puling a Kentucky, only instead of doing it with highly-touted Freshmen 1-and-dones, they were trying to do it with JUCO guys and transfers from other teams that nobody really wanted due to attitude? and/or work ethic problems or whatever.

I'm glad we now have a coach who wants to be here, and isn't just always looking for that next paycheck around the corner with 1 foot constantly out the door, someone that actually cares about the university.
Never going to happen. Anyone with talent leaves after 1-2 seasons. College basketball is now who fucks up the least. It's really really painful to watch.

I'm not sure how you can complain about continuity from season to season and then tout cinderellas, the two are diametrically opposed.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The vast majority of college basketball teams don't really deal with 1-and-done players very often. In the 2014 NBA Draft, only 8 Freshmen(only 6 got drafted) and 15 Sophomores declared for the draft, with top-tier teams like kansas, UCLA, Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky, etc having multiple players declare early. So you're really only talking about 23 players in all of college basketball, and maybe 15-16 teams.

Fans of most teams get to watch players for 3 or 4 years more often than not.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't want 3-4 seasons of continuity if it's going to be amateurs taken to the extreme. I hate watching basketball and thinking I could do better. Because I suck at basketball and I couldn't do better. But stop making me think that while watching you play.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hah, that's exactly what I like about college basketball. Some dopey, 5'11" white kid can come off the bench, hit a couple 3s, and be the hero. Teams winning because they play great as a team, not that they are the most dominant athletic specimens on the planet. The NBA tends to just be a human freakshow of my athlete can beat your athlete 1-on-1.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This is interesting

75 Best College Basketball Programs of All-Time

Point Breakdown:

NCAA Championship: 10 Points
Championship Game Runner-Up: 6 Points
Pre-NCAA Tournament Champion: 6 Points*
Final Four: 5 Points
Elite Eight: 4 Points
Sweet Sixteen: 3 Points
NCAA Tournament Appearance: 2 Points
Conference Championship: 8 Points

75. Texas A&M Aggies: 121 Points

The Aggies have won 11 conference championships and been to 12 NCAA Tournaments.

74. USC Trojans: 122 Points

USC has been to 16 NCAA Tournaments and two Final Fours.

72 (tie). Tulsa Golden Hurricane: 123 Points

Tulsa has been invited to 15 NCAA Tournaments and has won 10 conference championships.

72 (tie). Boston College Eagles: 123 Points

The Eagles have made it to the Big Dance 18 times and have reached the Elite Eight three times.

71. Wichita State Shockers: 127 Points

Wichita State has reached two Final Fours and been to 11 NCAA Tournaments.

70. Alabama Crimson Tide: 130 Points

The Crimson Tide have won seven conference championships and been to 20 NCAA Tournaments.

69. Colorado Buffaloes: 136 Points

The Buffaloes have been to the NCAA Tournament 13 times and have reached two Final Fours.

65. (TIE) Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 137 Points

Wake Forest has made it to the Big Dance 22 times and has reached one Final Four.

65. (TIE) Tennessee Volunteers: 137 Points

The Volunteers have won nine conference titles and have gone to 20 NCAA Tournaments.

65. (TIE) UTEP Miners: 137 Points

The Miners have won one National Championship and been to the NCAA Tournament 17 times.

65. (TIE) Idaho State Vandals: 137 Points

Idaho State has won 12 conference championships and been to the Big Dance 11 times.

63. (TIE) Virginia Cavaliers: 138 Points

The Cavaliers have been to 18 NCAA Tournaments and have reached two the Final Four twice.

63. (TIE) UMass Minutemen: 138 Points

The Minutemen have gone to eight NCAA Tournaments and won 14 conference championships.

62. Santa Clara Broncos: 140 Points

Santa Clara has been invited to 11 NCAA Tournaments and they've reached the Final Four once.

61. Texas Tech Red Raiders: 147 Points

The Red Raiders have gone to the Big Dance 14 times and won 13 conference championships.

60. SMU Mustangs: 155 Points

The Mustangs have won 13 conference titles and have been to one Final Four.

59. Notre Dame Fighting Irish: 158 Points

Notre Dame has been to 34 NCAA Tournaments and one Final Four.

58. Iowa Hawkeyes: 163 Points

The Hawkeyes have been to three Final Fours and 22 NCAA Tournaments.

57. St. John's Red Storm: 169 Points

The Red Storm have been to the Big Dance 28 times and has been the Runner-Up once.

55. (TIE) Maryland Terrapins: 174 Points

Maryland boasts one National Championship and 23 invitations to the NCAA Tournament.

55. (TIE) Utah State Aggies: 174 Points

Utah State has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and won 15 conference titles.

54. Nevada Wolf Pack: 175 Points

The Wolf Pack have won won 20 conference championships and have been to the Big Dance six times.

52. (TIE) Oregon State Beavers: 180 Points

Oregon State has been to 16 NCAA Tournaments and two Final Fours.

52. (TIE) Pittsburgh Panthers: 180 Points

The Panthers have have been invited to 25 NCAA Tournaments and have made it to one Final Four.

51. Houston Cougars: 181 Points

Houston has made it to five Final Fours all-time and has been the Runner-Up twice.

50. Creighton Blue Jays: 189 Points

Creighton has won 19 conference championships and been invited to the Big Dance 12 times.

49. Stanford Cardinals: 191 Points

The Cardinals have won a National Championship and been to 17 NCAA Tournaments.

48. Marquette Golden Eagles: 193 Points

Marquette has taken home one National Championship and been to three Final Fours.

47. LSU Tigers: 197 Points

LSU has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and four Final Fours.

46. Weber State Wildcats: 198 Points

Weber State has been to the Big Dance 15 times and won its conference 21 times.

43. (TIE) Florida Gators: 205 Points

The Gators have won two National Championships and been to five Final Fours (impressively all in the last 20 years).

43. (TIE) Memphis Tigers: 205 Points

Memphis has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and won 15 conference championships.

43. (TIE) Gonzaga Bulldogs: 205 Points

The Zags have been to 17 NCAA Tournaments (all in the last 20 years) and won 19 conference titles.

42. Miami (OH) RedHawks: 206 Points

The RedHawks have won 20 conference championships and been invited to 17 NCAA Tournaments.

41. Xavier Musketeers: 210 Points

Xavier has been to the NCAA Tournament 24 times and won 17 conference championships.

39. (TIE) West Virginia Mountaineers: 214 Points

The Mountaineers have been invited to 25 NCAA Tournaments and been Runner-Up once.

39. (TIE) Murray State Racers: 214 Points

The Racers have gone to the Big Dance 15 times and have won their conference 23 times.

38. Missouri Tigers: 216 Points

Missouri has gone to 25 NCAA Tournaments and won their conference 15 times.

37. California Bears: 217 Points

Cal has won one National Championship and has been to three Final Fours.

35. (TIE) Washington Huskies: 226 Points

The Huskies have won 20 conference championships and have gone to the Big Dance 16 times.

35. (TIE) Butler Bulldogs: 226 Points

Butler has been Runner-Up twice and has won 18 conference championships.

34. Wyoming Cowboys: 231 Points

The Cowboys have taken home one National Championship and have won 21 conference championships.

33. Davidson Wildcats: 232 Points

Davidson has gone to 12 NCAA Tournaments and have won its conference 23 times.

32. St. Joseph's Hawks: 238 Points

St. Joseph's has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and one Final Four.

31. North Carolina State Wolfpack: 243 Points

The Wolfpack have won two National Championships and have been to the Big Dance 25 times.

30. Villanova Wildcats: 244 Points

Villanova boasts one National Championship and 33 NCAA Tournament appearances.

29. San Fransisco Dons: 254 Points

The Dons were at one point a powerhouse program and won two National Championships and 16 conference championships.

28. Wisconsin Badgers: 260 Points

Wisconsin has won one National Championship and 17 conference championships all-time.

27. Oklahoma Sooners: 264 Points

Oklahoma has been invited to 28 NCAA Tournaments and has been Runner-Up twice.

26. Georgetown Hoyas: 268 Points

The Hoyas have won a National Championship and have been Runner-Up three more times.

25. Temple Owls: 279 Points

Temple has gone to 31 NCAA Tournaments and won 19 conference championships.

24. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 290 Points

The Hilltoppers have won 28 conference championships and been invited to the Big Dance 22 times.

23. Michigan Wolverines: 291 Points

Michigan has taken home one National Championship and been the Runner-Up three separate times.

22. Purdue Boilermakers: 293 Points

The Boilermakers have won 22 conference championships and been Runner-Up once.

21. Syracuse Orange: 298 Points

Syracuse has won one National Championship and have gone to 34 NCAA Tournaments.

20. Illinois Illini: 302 Points

The Illini have had five Final Four Appearances and have been to 30 NCAA Tournaments.

19. BYU Cougars: 305 Points

BYU has gone to 28 NCAA Tournaments and won 27 conference championships.

18. Kansas State Wildcats: 322 Points

The Wildcats have gone to four Final Fours and won 18 conference championships.

17. Michigan State Spartans: 328 Points

The Spartans have won two National Championships and have gone to 28 NCAA Tournaments.

16. Oklahoma State Cowboys: 329 Points

Oklahoma State has won two National Championships and 19 conference championships.

15. Princeton Tigers: 333 Points

Princeton boasts 32 conference championships and 24 NCAA Tournament appearances.

14. Texas Longhorns: 341 Points

The Longhorns have gone to the Big Dance 31 times and won 25 conference championships.

13. Arkansas Razorbacks: 366 Points

Arkansas used to be a national power and has won one National Championship and 24 conference championships.

12. Utah Utes: 391 Points

The Utes have won one National Championship and 29 conference championships.

11. Ohio State Buckeyes: 394 Points

The Ohio State Buckeyes have won one National Championship and four times been Runner-Up.

10. Arizona Wildcats: 395 Points

The second-highest ranked team from the Pac-12 are the Wildcats. They've only won one National Championship, but have been Runner-Up another time and have been to four Final Fours. Their 26 conference championships are quite impressive, as are their 30 NCAA Tournament appearances.

9. Cincinnati Bearcats: 399 Points

The Bearcats have won two National Championships all-time and have been Runner-Up once. They've gone to six Final Fours and been invited to the NCAA Tournament 28 times. They've won their conference 27 times in their history as well.

8. Indiana Hoosiers: 445 Points

One of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history is Indiana. They've slipped up a bit in recent years, but still come in at No. 8 all-time. They've won five National Championships, been Runner-Up once, and have gone to eight Final Fours. They've won the their conference 21 times and gone to the Big Dance 37 times. They're the highest ranked Big Ten team on this list.

7. Connecticut Huskies: 456 Points

The Huskies have vaulted their way up this list thanks to their dominance in recent years. But all-time they've won their conference 29 times and been invited to 32 NCAA Tournaments. Most impressive are their four National Championships (all in recent years) and five Final Four appearances.

6. Louisville Cardinals: 477 Points

Louisville is sometimes overlooked when the all-time great basketball programs are talked about, but it shouldn't be anymore. The Cardinals have won three National Championships and gone to an impressive 10 Final Fours. They've also won their conference 23 times and have been invited to the Big Dance 40 times.

5. Duke Blue Devils: 560 Points

The current evil empire of college basketball comes in as the No. 5 program of all-time. The Blue Devils' inclusion in the top five is particularly impressive when you understand that most of their damage has been done in the last 25 years. Despite just being elite in recent decades they've jumped this far up the all-time list thanks to their four NCAA Championships, six-times being the Runner-Up, and a whopping 15 Final Four appearances. They've also won their conference 22 times and made it to the Big Dance 38 times.

4. North Carolina Tar Heels: 742 Points

The Tar Heels are one of the most historic programs in the history of the sport. The names that have played for their program are legendary enough on their own, but their accomplishments are quite respectable, too. Five National Championships, four-times being the Runner-Up, 36 conference championships, 45 NCAA Tournament appearances, and an NCAA-high 18 Final Fours say everything you need to know about this program.

3. UCLA Bruins: 782 Points

UCLA has the most all-time NCAA Championships with 11, most coming from the unbelievably successful John Wooden era. No one will ever dominate a sport again like the Bruins did in the 1960 and 70s. But ultimately their lack of consistency all-time is what has them ranked No. 3 on this list - still an incredibly impressive place to be. Their 17 Final Fours are second-most all-time and 37 conference championships aren't bad either.

2. Kansas Jayhawks: 858 Points

The Jayhawks come in impressively high on this list and their 57 conference championships are by far the most in college basketball history for a single program. Of course 43 trips to the NCAA Tournament and 14 Final Four appearances don't hurt either. Not to mention their three National Championships, six times being the Runner-Up, and their two awarded championships from before the NCAA Tournament era. All around, a great resume for a great program.

1. Kentucky Wildcats: 932 Points

Congratulations Wildcats fans, Kentucky is the greatest college basketball program of all-time. The Wildcats' consistency of greatness is what brought them the most total points and this title. They've won 47 conference championships and been to the most NCAA Tournaments in college basketball history (53). Their eight National Championships are also good for second-most all-time, yet they still took home the top spot due to their overall consistency. Kentucky has 566 more points than the next highest SEC team on this list.

I guess they deserve to be called BIG Blue Nation after all as no college basketball program has been more consistently great than they have been all-time. Enjoy the title Wildcats fans, but beware, the Jayhawks aren't far behind and the Bruins and Tar Heels could make a run at the No. 1 spot sometime, too. But for now enjoy it as you're the No. 1 college basketball program of all-time and going to be the No. 1 ranked team when the 2014/15 season tips off. Not bad BBN, not bad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Conference championships should be weighted. So should automatic berths. Kinda silly that Princeton is 16th just because the rest of the Ivy League didn't give a fuck.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is interesting

75 Best College Basketball Programs of All-Time

Point Breakdown:

NCAA Championship: 10 Points
Championship Game Runner-Up: 6 Points
Pre-NCAA Tournament Champion: 6 Points*
Final Four: 5 Points
Elite Eight: 4 Points
Sweet Sixteen: 3 Points
NCAA Tournament Appearance: 2 Points
Conference Championship: 8 Points

75. Texas A&M Aggies: 121 Points

The Aggies have won 11 conference championships and been to 12 NCAA Tournaments.

74. USC Trojans: 122 Points

USC has been to 16 NCAA Tournaments and two Final Fours.

72 (tie). Tulsa Golden Hurricane: 123 Points

Tulsa has been invited to 15 NCAA Tournaments and has won 10 conference championships.

72 (tie). Boston College Eagles: 123 Points

The Eagles have made it to the Big Dance 18 times and have reached the Elite Eight three times.

71. Wichita State Shockers: 127 Points

Wichita State has reached two Final Fours and been to 11 NCAA Tournaments.

70. Alabama Crimson Tide: 130 Points

The Crimson Tide have won seven conference championships and been to 20 NCAA Tournaments.

69. Colorado Buffaloes: 136 Points

The Buffaloes have been to the NCAA Tournament 13 times and have reached two Final Fours.

65. (TIE) Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 137 Points

Wake Forest has made it to the Big Dance 22 times and has reached one Final Four.

65. (TIE) Tennessee Volunteers: 137 Points

The Volunteers have won nine conference titles and have gone to 20 NCAA Tournaments.

65. (TIE) UTEP Miners: 137 Points

The Miners have won one National Championship and been to the NCAA Tournament 17 times.

65. (TIE) Idaho State Vandals: 137 Points

Idaho State has won 12 conference championships and been to the Big Dance 11 times.

63. (TIE) Virginia Cavaliers: 138 Points

The Cavaliers have been to 18 NCAA Tournaments and have reached two the Final Four twice.

63. (TIE) UMass Minutemen: 138 Points

The Minutemen have gone to eight NCAA Tournaments and won 14 conference championships.

62. Santa Clara Broncos: 140 Points

Santa Clara has been invited to 11 NCAA Tournaments and they've reached the Final Four once.

61. Texas Tech Red Raiders: 147 Points

The Red Raiders have gone to the Big Dance 14 times and won 13 conference championships.

60. SMU Mustangs: 155 Points

The Mustangs have won 13 conference titles and have been to one Final Four.

59. Notre Dame Fighting Irish: 158 Points

Notre Dame has been to 34 NCAA Tournaments and one Final Four.

58. Iowa Hawkeyes: 163 Points

The Hawkeyes have been to three Final Fours and 22 NCAA Tournaments.

57. St. John's Red Storm: 169 Points

The Red Storm have been to the Big Dance 28 times and has been the Runner-Up once.

55. (TIE) Maryland Terrapins: 174 Points

Maryland boasts one National Championship and 23 invitations to the NCAA Tournament.

55. (TIE) Utah State Aggies: 174 Points

Utah State has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and won 15 conference titles.

54. Nevada Wolf Pack: 175 Points

The Wolf Pack have won won 20 conference championships and have been to the Big Dance six times.

52. (TIE) Oregon State Beavers: 180 Points

Oregon State has been to 16 NCAA Tournaments and two Final Fours.

52. (TIE) Pittsburgh Panthers: 180 Points

The Panthers have have been invited to 25 NCAA Tournaments and have made it to one Final Four.

51. Houston Cougars: 181 Points

Houston has made it to five Final Fours all-time and has been the Runner-Up twice.

50. Creighton Blue Jays: 189 Points

Creighton has won 19 conference championships and been invited to the Big Dance 12 times.

49. Stanford Cardinals: 191 Points

The Cardinals have won a National Championship and been to 17 NCAA Tournaments.

48. Marquette Golden Eagles: 193 Points

Marquette has taken home one National Championship and been to three Final Fours.

47. LSU Tigers: 197 Points

LSU has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and four Final Fours.

46. Weber State Wildcats: 198 Points

Weber State has been to the Big Dance 15 times and won its conference 21 times.

43. (TIE) Florida Gators: 205 Points

The Gators have won two National Championships and been to five Final Fours (impressively all in the last 20 years).

43. (TIE) Memphis Tigers: 205 Points

Memphis has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and won 15 conference championships.

43. (TIE) Gonzaga Bulldogs: 205 Points

The Zags have been to 17 NCAA Tournaments (all in the last 20 years) and won 19 conference titles.

42. Miami (OH) RedHawks: 206 Points

The RedHawks have won 20 conference championships and been invited to 17 NCAA Tournaments.

41. Xavier Musketeers: 210 Points

Xavier has been to the NCAA Tournament 24 times and won 17 conference championships.

39. (TIE) West Virginia Mountaineers: 214 Points

The Mountaineers have been invited to 25 NCAA Tournaments and been Runner-Up once.

39. (TIE) Murray State Racers: 214 Points

The Racers have gone to the Big Dance 15 times and have won their conference 23 times.

38. Missouri Tigers: 216 Points

Missouri has gone to 25 NCAA Tournaments and won their conference 15 times.

37. California Bears: 217 Points

Cal has won one National Championship and has been to three Final Fours.

35. (TIE) Washington Huskies: 226 Points

The Huskies have won 20 conference championships and have gone to the Big Dance 16 times.

35. (TIE) Butler Bulldogs: 226 Points

Butler has been Runner-Up twice and has won 18 conference championships.

34. Wyoming Cowboys: 231 Points

The Cowboys have taken home one National Championship and have won 21 conference championships.

33. Davidson Wildcats: 232 Points

Davidson has gone to 12 NCAA Tournaments and have won its conference 23 times.

32. St. Joseph's Hawks: 238 Points

St. Joseph's has been to 20 NCAA Tournaments and one Final Four.

31. North Carolina State Wolfpack: 243 Points

The Wolfpack have won two National Championships and have been to the Big Dance 25 times.

30. Villanova Wildcats: 244 Points

Villanova boasts one National Championship and 33 NCAA Tournament appearances.

29. San Fransisco Dons: 254 Points

The Dons were at one point a powerhouse program and won two National Championships and 16 conference championships.

28. Wisconsin Badgers: 260 Points

Wisconsin has won one National Championship and 17 conference championships all-time.

27. Oklahoma Sooners: 264 Points

Oklahoma has been invited to 28 NCAA Tournaments and has been Runner-Up twice.

26. Georgetown Hoyas: 268 Points

The Hoyas have won a National Championship and have been Runner-Up three more times.

25. Temple Owls: 279 Points

Temple has gone to 31 NCAA Tournaments and won 19 conference championships.

24. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 290 Points

The Hilltoppers have won 28 conference championships and been invited to the Big Dance 22 times.

23. Michigan Wolverines: 291 Points

Michigan has taken home one National Championship and been the Runner-Up three separate times.

22. Purdue Boilermakers: 293 Points

The Boilermakers have won 22 conference championships and been Runner-Up once.

21. Syracuse Orange: 298 Points

Syracuse has won one National Championship and have gone to 34 NCAA Tournaments.

20. Illinois Illini: 302 Points

The Illini have had five Final Four Appearances and have been to 30 NCAA Tournaments.

19. BYU Cougars: 305 Points

BYU has gone to 28 NCAA Tournaments and won 27 conference championships.

18. Kansas State Wildcats: 322 Points

The Wildcats have gone to four Final Fours and won 18 conference championships.

17. Michigan State Spartans: 328 Points

The Spartans have won two National Championships and have gone to 28 NCAA Tournaments.

16. Oklahoma State Cowboys: 329 Points

Oklahoma State has won two National Championships and 19 conference championships.

15. Princeton Tigers: 333 Points

Princeton boasts 32 conference championships and 24 NCAA Tournament appearances.

14. Texas Longhorns: 341 Points

The Longhorns have gone to the Big Dance 31 times and won 25 conference championships.

13. Arkansas Razorbacks: 366 Points

Arkansas used to be a national power and has won one National Championship and 24 conference championships.

12. Utah Utes: 391 Points

The Utes have won one National Championship and 29 conference championships.

11. Ohio State Buckeyes: 394 Points

The Ohio State Buckeyes have won one National Championship and four times been Runner-Up.

10. Arizona Wildcats: 395 Points

The second-highest ranked team from the Pac-12 are the Wildcats. They've only won one National Championship, but have been Runner-Up another time and have been to four Final Fours. Their 26 conference championships are quite impressive, as are their 30 NCAA Tournament appearances.

9. Cincinnati Bearcats: 399 Points

The Bearcats have won two National Championships all-time and have been Runner-Up once. They've gone to six Final Fours and been invited to the NCAA Tournament 28 times. They've won their conference 27 times in their history as well.

8. Indiana Hoosiers: 445 Points

One of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history is Indiana. They've slipped up a bit in recent years, but still come in at No. 8 all-time. They've won five National Championships, been Runner-Up once, and have gone to eight Final Fours. They've won the their conference 21 times and gone to the Big Dance 37 times. They're the highest ranked Big Ten team on this list.

7. Connecticut Huskies: 456 Points

The Huskies have vaulted their way up this list thanks to their dominance in recent years. But all-time they've won their conference 29 times and been invited to 32 NCAA Tournaments. Most impressive are their four National Championships (all in recent years) and five Final Four appearances.

6. Louisville Cardinals: 477 Points

Louisville is sometimes overlooked when the all-time great basketball programs are talked about, but it shouldn't be anymore. The Cardinals have won three National Championships and gone to an impressive 10 Final Fours. They've also won their conference 23 times and have been invited to the Big Dance 40 times.

5. Duke Blue Devils: 560 Points

The current evil empire of college basketball comes in as the No. 5 program of all-time. The Blue Devils' inclusion in the top five is particularly impressive when you understand that most of their damage has been done in the last 25 years. Despite just being elite in recent decades they've jumped this far up the all-time list thanks to their four NCAA Championships, six-times being the Runner-Up, and a whopping 15 Final Four appearances. They've also won their conference 22 times and made it to the Big Dance 38 times.

4. North Carolina Tar Heels: 742 Points

The Tar Heels are one of the most historic programs in the history of the sport. The names that have played for their program are legendary enough on their own, but their accomplishments are quite respectable, too. Five National Championships, four-times being the Runner-Up, 36 conference championships, 45 NCAA Tournament appearances, and an NCAA-high 18 Final Fours say everything you need to know about this program.

3. UCLA Bruins: 782 Points

UCLA has the most all-time NCAA Championships with 11, most coming from the unbelievably successful John Wooden era. No one will ever dominate a sport again like the Bruins did in the 1960 and 70s. But ultimately their lack of consistency all-time is what has them ranked No. 3 on this list - still an incredibly impressive place to be. Their 17 Final Fours are second-most all-time and 37 conference championships aren't bad either.

2. Kansas Jayhawks: 858 Points

The Jayhawks come in impressively high on this list and their 57 conference championships are by far the most in college basketball history for a single program. Of course 43 trips to the NCAA Tournament and 14 Final Four appearances don't hurt either. Not to mention their three National Championships, six times being the Runner-Up, and their two awarded championships from before the NCAA Tournament era. All around, a great resume for a great program.

1. Kentucky Wildcats: 932 Points

Congratulations Wildcats fans, Kentucky is the greatest college basketball program of all-time. The Wildcats' consistency of greatness is what brought them the most total points and this title. They've won 47 conference championships and been to the most NCAA Tournaments in college basketball history (53). Their eight National Championships are also good for second-most all-time, yet they still took home the top spot due to their overall consistency. Kentucky has 566 more points than the next highest SEC team on this list.

I guess they deserve to be called BIG Blue Nation after all as no college basketball program has been more consistently great than they have been all-time. Enjoy the title Wildcats fans, but beware, the Jayhawks aren't far behind and the Bruins and Tar Heels could make a run at the No. 1 spot sometime, too. But for now enjoy it as you're the No. 1 college basketball program of all-time and going to be the No. 1 ranked team when the 2014/15 season tips off. Not bad BBN, not bad.
This just might be the worst list I've ever seen. They didn't even add up the points properly for most of the teams.