College Football 2014-15

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hilarious post from a Wisconsin fan on Reddit /cfb

Everyone knows we lost 3 straight Rose Bowls, but who started us down that path of despair? TCU.

Who made J.J. Watt cry after that first Rose Bowl? TCU.

What has unfolded here is the culmination of a long con.

First we get Nebraska to leave the Big XII to create a spot for TCU. TCU enters a reputable conference, creating hope for the future.

The inevitable formation of the CFBP necessitated a committee. Who is on that committee? Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez.

Now, we establish a Heisman contender for the lead up to the B1GCC and don't block for him at all. OSU gets a victory over a deceptively mediocre Wisconsin team to give Barry the argument to remove TCU from the picture.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If the Big 12 (a.k.a. UT) doesn't expand to 12 teams asap, Baylor and TCU should immediately start looking for another conference. They don't fit in the Big 10 and I doubt the SEC is looking to expand again, but I bet the PAC 12 would like to have a Texas connection. And I'm sure the ACC would like a presence in Texas as well for recruiting purposes.
The ACC isn't ready to move beyond the delusion that Notre Dame will embrace full membership in the conference and join in football as well. Interest in either of those two would, at best, serve as leverage to achieve that end.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
Good lord is this real life?? While I'm crazy hyped right now I certainly don't expect lightning to strike twice and see the third stringer play like that against Bama lol. Amari Cooper is gonna have a field day against this secondary like Sammy Watkins did last year but I'm looking forward to seeing Osu's Dline against Bama's Oline.
3rd string OSU quarterback against what I think is the best secondary in college football. I don't see OSU receivers winning every 50/50 ball against Alabama like against Wisc. OSU receivers will have trouble getting open at all.

Amari Cooper is the reason I didn't want to see OSU at #4 against Alabama. Wisc. receivers couldn't get open all night. Cooper will score at will.

OSU's D-line will make some plays here and there. However, with everything else going on, it won't add up to enough to make a difference.

Just hoping OSU can keep it within 3 scores (losing). The run game will have to be there for OSU for this even to happen.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
College football is pretty gay. If Ohio state was anyone but Ohio state, one of the B12 teams would be in the playoff. The only way this play off could be less interesting to me is if you could switch out Oregon for ND.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
True comment about Ohio state. "Pedigree" bias in this selection committee is pretty apparent.
Pedigree Bias has been a cornerstone of the college football ranking system for decades now. It's why of the major pro/amateur sports leagues in America, it has been the most prone to pants-on-head-retardation.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ohio St = more football related money than TCU and Baylor combined. The 2 tiny private schools stood no chance against the Ohio St money behemoth. All 3 teams were obviously ranked pretty closely, it wouldn't surprised me if that was a consideration for trying to break the tie.

What would have been interesting is if the 3-way consideration was Ohio St vs Texas and Oklahoma. Then you'd really have a dilemma.

Dis

Confirmed Male
TCU got screwed lol. Not a fan of TCU, but let's call a spade a spade. BUT Alabama would much rather face OSU than TCU so the committee did Alabama a favor.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I wonder how much different CFB would be if there we no rankings until the end of the season. No preseason, no weekly. Just the selection of the playoff teams after all the games have been played and no other rankings.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ohio St = more football related money than TCU and Baylor combined. The 2 tiny private schools stood no chance against the Ohio St money behemoth. All 3 teams were obviously ranked pretty closely, it wouldn't surprised me if that was a consideration for trying to break the tie.

What would have been interesting is if the 3-way consideration was Ohio St vs Texas and Oklahoma. Then you'd really have a dilemma.
Or, its because Ohio State deserved to be there more than TCU/Baylor.

rrr_img_84504.jpg

3 reasons Ohio State made the Playoff over Baylor and TCU - SBNation.com

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the Big 12 (a.k.a. UT) doesn't expand to 12 teams asap, Baylor and TCU should immediately start looking for another conference. They don't fit in the Big 10 and I doubt the SEC is looking to expand again, but I bet the PAC 12 would like to have a Texas connection. And I'm sure the ACC would like a presence in Texas as well for recruiting purposes.
Did Texas fuck your mother? You have serious butt hurt.

Baylor and TCU cannot join another conference unless they are a package deal with Texas or another power school. Baylor and TCU do not bring financial value so they would just take profit away from whatever conference they join.

The big 12 needs to get an exception for a conference title game.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
MSUN and MSUS didn't play this weekend. SEC team jumps the B10 team. Don't ask me.

And we get a Big12 team that we don't care even a little about beating. God I wanted to play any fucking body from the SEC.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The Committee rankings somehow moved Mississippi State ahead of Michigan State (Miss St. moved 2 places despite the fact that neither team played this weekend), a shift which sends the Bulldogs to the Orange Bowl and costs the ACC its Citrus Bowl bid.

Wow... Don't see how that works... No bias here, move along.
rolleyes.png

rrr_img_84506.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
8 teams would be just about perfect for a playoff. If you were not in the top 8 you didn't have a shot anyway and much of this bull shit and many more surprise dark horses would be allowed to play and make a name for themselves.

Remove 1 rent a win from each schedule.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Georgia/Louisville game for Belk Bowl. I am ready WhatsAmmataU!
biggrin.png

I actually like this matchup overall. And it doesn't fall on the UK/Louisville basketball game like last year. Last year sucked for the fans with a bowl game and a major basketball rivalry game on the same day (basketball game ended minutes before the football game kicked off), was also hard to stay sober enough to watch/enjoy both.