College Football 2014-15

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
On the 1 year anniversary of the CFB 2013-2014 thread, and the end of the NCAA Basketball season today, it's time to kick things off for the new season.

Mizzou would like to kick things off by suspending their star player and Heisman hopeful WR, Dorial Green-Beckham today. Rumor around Columbia is that he got into an altercation in the wee hours of the morning involving a female. Not known if anyone was hit or not, but someone called the cops(not the girl) and witnesses are being questioned.

This is his second offseason suspension, last year it was for getting arrested smoking weed in a car. If he actually gets charged with anything, his college career is officially over and he's just training all year for the NFL draft next season(where he was projected to be the #1 WR and a top 10 pick, that's going to be tough to do if he doesn't play this year)

so............. S E C !!!!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm most interested in seeing what Kifin does to the Bama offense. If it is a totally new and un-Saban like approach, or he is reigned in and conservative. Could be a pretty big shift in thinking down there.

Secondly interested in Malzahn's second season. Both from a developmental standpoint of our offense and personal, but more so the leagues response now that we're overall quite a few years in to this system and more than a few programs with this implemented.

Other than that since the championship game I've honestly ignored most of the off season and just been looking forward to a fresh start this fall. I'll start paying attention in a couple of months and get a little emotionally involved, but really I just still can't.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Y'all have Marshall back right? I wanted to pick auburn but y'all won so many games on pure amazing bullshit. The west will be down, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Aggie with new Qbs. Really the SEC is going to be a mess this year with so many new Qbs. I think only Mizzu and Auburn bring theirs back.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Y'all have Marshall back right? I wanted to pick auburn but y'all won so many games on pure amazing bullshit. The west will be down, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Aggie with new Qbs. Really the SEC is going to be a mess this year with so many new Qbs. I think only Mizzu and Auburn bring theirs back.
Yeah Marshall is back and supposedly making improvements with his throwing game as well as getting more comfortable. Alternatively our backup was always the better passer and they've been working to improve his option work and head / awareness. There are a couple of other places I'm interested to see once the Depth Chart is released. People (Auburn fans) are just going to need to be reasonable (hah) and relax this year. Can't panic when we drop one or two games and start calling for Malzahn's head.

And living in Little Rock I can't wait to see how Arkansas does. If they lose two of their first three games (at Auburn, Nichols State, at Texas Tech) it going to be awesome watching the news / listening to radio.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Auburn QB of the future candidate:

Mizzou dismissed WR Dorial Green Beckham from the team

Dorial Green-Beckham has been dismissed from the football program, Missouri announces : schadjoe

Actually, he'll probably either go down to FCS to play out his final year before going pro, or just sit out and train for the combine next year. What a dumbass. If nothing else he's cost himself millions in the draft next year. He's basically taking the Randy Moss route to the NFL, which is fitting since all the scouts said he was the most talented WR coming out of high school since Randy Moss

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And living in Little Rock I can't wait to see how Arkansas does. If they lose two of their first three games (at Auburn, Nichols State, at Texas Tech) it going to be awesome watching the news / listening to radio.
thank god I got out of there.

Auburn QB of the future candidate:

Mizzou dismissed WR Dorial Green Beckham from the team

Dorial Green-Beckham has been dismissed from the football program, Missouri announces : schadjoe

Actually, he'll probably either go down to FCS to play out his final year before going pro, or just sit out and train for the combine next year. What a dumbass. If nothing else he's cost himself millions in the draft next year. He's basically taking the Randy Moss route to the NFL, which is fitting since all the scouts said he was the most talented WR coming out of high school since Randy Moss
Randy just liked(s) to smoke weed, didn't he? Green-Beckham seems like a prison sentence in the making.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Randy just liked(s) to smoke weed, didn't he? Green-Beckham seems like a prison sentence in the making.
Yeah. In 2 years on campus, DGB:

- got arrested for smoking weed with 2 other teammates in a parked car in the football stadium parking lot(dumb)
- was in a car with 2 "friends" and they got pulled over and the car contained quite a bit of weed, enough for an intent to distribute charge, not just possession. DGB and one other guy ratted out the 3rd guy that it was his and they didn't know about it. DGB didn't get charged with anything(yet), but that case hasn't even gone to court yet
- was investigated for reportedly getting into a fight with his girlfiend, he found out she was at another girls apartment, he went there, basically kicked the door in and then shoved the friend down when she tried to interfere, and drug his girlfriend out by the neck. The apartment owner was convinced to not press charges by the girlfriend the next day.

So all in all, in 2 years he only got charged with 1 misdemeanor(the first offense I listed) but enough was enough, Coach Pinkel had to set an example for the rest of the team and future recruits.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Phil Steele's early pre-season top 25 prediction

1. FSU
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Auburn
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. UCLA
8. Michigan State
9. Baylor
10. South Carolina
11. Georgia
12. Stanford
13. LSU
14. USC
15. Notre Dame
16. Clemson
17. Wisconsin
18. Missouri
19. Texas A&M
20. Ole Miss
21. Texas
22. Washington
23. North Carolina
24. UCF
25. Louisville

Projected Preseason AP Top 25 - ESPN Video - ESPN

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I agree with Oregon @ #3. Have the gut feeling we are going to have a bad year.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, because Texas fans are predicting we will be a title contender.

That is a very Phil Jackson approach by Coach Strong.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yes, because Texas fans are predicting we will be a title contender.
A large % do. Every year. It's like a Springtime tradition. I mean, you guys aren't as bad as Ohio St or Notre Dame, but you aren't far off as a fanbase.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
The SEC continues to boldly defy the college football status quo.

SEC staying with 8-game conference schedule for 2016 and beyond - CBSSports.com

The league on Sunday decided to maintain an eight-game football schedule for the foreseeable future, CBSSports.com has learned. The league announced the schedule commitment at 6 p.m. on Sunday.

All 14 teams are required to play at least one opponent from the four other power conferences, which most SEC schools already do, while keeping a 6-1-1 format inside the league (six divisional games, one permanent crossover, one rotating crossover).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Defying the status quo to make your schedule easier? Really blazing a new trail there.