College Football 2015-16

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as being given year 3? Yes, unless the wheels completely fall off, which is possible with this team. 1-5 or 2-4 are very realistic starts to the year for Texas but the schedule softens up dramatically on the back end which will enable a showing of growth.

Year 4 is certainly not a given any more though. Strong also has to ask himself if he wants to leave and not risk the new AD not viewing Strong as his guy. That being said, the word is what caused the timing of this is Patterson lost the support of the coaches he hired and they supported firing him.

It will be interesting to see who they target for AD. The only thing I am worried about is the inevitably push for Mack to become AD, which has already started. I do not want that.

edit: An interesting tangent on this is that some believe Oklahoma and Kansas might receive B1G invites soon so Texas needs a real leader that it can trust at AD to navigate the potential coming chaos.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The SEC network must have run out of stuff to do shows on already. Tonight they have one on the coach that was at LSU for a total of 47 days before dying in a plane crash.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I always enjoy these:

NSFW: It's Meltdown Time! Week 2: "SEC is Overrated" Edition

(Tennessee fan)
This game was like chili night at the retirement home
Awesome at first but pretty sh*tty 4 hours later.
crying-arkansas-kid-sports-crying-gifs.0.gif

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry Gilg but its funny.
rrr_img_109793.jpg

27-20 win over Arkansas St and Mizzu stays in the top 25... lol stupid. Auburn should be out too, not 18th.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know why people get so butthurt over rankings. It makes it more hilarious when those teams lose.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sorry Gilg but its funny.
rrr_img_109793.jpg

27-20 win over Arkansas St and Mizzu stays in the top 25... lol stupid. Auburn should be out too, not 18th.
While I somewhat agree, Auburns scare was still worse, they were at home. At least we were on the road(and why we were playing a game in Jonesboro Arkansas, don't even get me started on that goddamn debacle). The only saving grace was that it wasn't on network TV anywhere (Watch ESPN only) so pretty much nobody saw the game

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
As far as being given year 3? Yes, unless the wheels completely fall off, which is possible with this team. 1-5 or 2-4 are very realistic starts to the year for Texas but the schedule softens up dramatically on the back end which will enable a showing of growth.

Year 4 is certainly not a given any more though. Strong also has to ask himself if he wants to leave and not risk the new AD not viewing Strong as his guy. That being said, the word is what caused the timing of this is Patterson lost the support of the coaches he hired and they supported firing him.

It will be interesting to see who they target for AD. The only thing I am worried about is the inevitably push for Mack to become AD, which has already started. I do not want that.

edit:An interesting tangent on this is that some believe Oklahoma and Kansas might receive B1G invites soonso Texas needs a real leader that it can trust at AD to navigate the potential coming chaos.
Source on this?

As an OU grad I think the SEC is a better fit, but I wouldn't be against B1G membership especially if it meant all the additional, non-sports perks that used to accompany being in that conference.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Didn't even realize that Louisville lost this weekend. How is Grantham working out now that he lost Charlie Strong's NFL defensive backfield?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Source on this?

As an OU grad I think the SEC is a better fit, but I wouldn't be against B1G membership especially if it meant all the additional, non-sports perks that used to accompany being in that conference.
It was just mentioned in passing by a few posters, I would not put any credence in that. Just something to keep note of moving forward. The B1G's TV contract is about up and the belief is they will go to 16 or 18 before that negotiation on the new deal occurs.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Didn't even realize that Louisville lost this weekend. How is Grantham working out now that he lost Charlie Strong's NFL defensive backfield?
I had a very bad hangover on Sunday (top 3 worst, the first being Lou/Notre Dame 5-OT basketball game), does that answer your question?
frown.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why people get so butthurt over rankings. It makes it more hilarious when those teams lose.
Because it is funny that these organizations all contribute to ranking the SEC absurdly high, keep them absurdly high after embarrassing losses and close games, then publish articles about the overrated SEC. No idea what the solution is. Withholding the BCS until later in the season is good, maybe not the best solution yet. I'm more of the opinion that no polls should be released until around the same time, but not sure how that'd even be possible. Too much other crap is tied to these arbitrary ratings that go out the window once the first football is snapped and 1.5M variables start flying around the field.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Maybe the blind kid could go be the place kicker for Alabama. Couldn't be any worse than their current one... Kids 0/4 on FGs this year

Borzak

For once I'm glad I'm not going to the LSU game. Afternoon kick off and 95F heat.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that's always the joys of football season here in Missouri. 100+ degree heat indexes for the first couple games. Freezing cold the last couple games. You really only get 2 or 3 "nice" weather home games per year. October is a good month, that's about it.

It's funny, it's like the SEC conference knows it too. Non of the "big boys" of the conference have ever had to visit us past about mid-October. Georgia, Florida, Alabama have so far been scheduled here in Sept or the first half of October. I'd love to see Georgia or Florida come here around the end of November and play in some freezing rain with single-digit windchills.

Borzak

Yeah, that's always the joys of football season here in Missouri. 100+ degree heat indexes for the first couple games. Freezing cold the last couple games. You really only get 2 or 3 "nice" weather home games per year. October is a good month, that's about it.

It's funny, it's like the SEC conference knows it too. Non of the "big boys" of the conference have ever had to visit us past about mid-October. Georgia, Florida, Alabama have so far been scheduled here in Sept or the first half of October. I'd love to see Georgia or Florida come here around the end of November and play in some freezing rain with single-digit windchills.
That's why we "had" 7pm kick offs till our new AD got involved in it. He's liked only slightly more than the AD UT just fired.

He's on record saying it's not a great idea for LSU to ask the other teams for us to wear white. Which is the rule but everyone has agreed to let LSU wear white. But the AD sees it as a bother. It's a tradition. Only Vandy refused because we hired their coach and Oregon, who knows what their deal is with uniforms.