College Football 2015-16

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've yet to see a true confirmation of it or a reason.
South Carolina Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier retiring - SEC Blog - ESPN

He can play all the golf he wants at Augusta now.

After watching him beat LSU 58-3 at LSU I can take some solace in that his last game was there. Heh.

Maybe he is going to put his application in at the other USC lol. SOB did have LSU wear purple one more time. Hats off.

steve spurrier heisman.jpg

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
LOL, yes he did.....On a fire at the football dorm that destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet."

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I didn't care for him when LSU played him, but the man always said what was on his mind. Respected that.

Damn I should have went to the game even if it meant sitting in a handicapped spot.

stevehides.0.0.gif

Rais

Trakanon Raider
How ironic is it that two head football coaches from USC named Steve S_____ leave their positions on the same day?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Mid season retirement... I have to wonder if he was offered the opportunity to retire or get fired. That just seems crazy for him to go out that way looking like a quitter.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think Spurrier just doesn't give a fuck and seeing how bad his team is this year he's just done with it. Time for golf!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The only reasoning I can think that Spurrier would quit mid-season is that South Carolina already knows who their next head coach is going to be(maybe an assistant that is already on staff?) and he wanted to give that guy a leg-up on holding onto recruits for next year, rather than letting rumors circulate for the next couple months that he was going to leave. Someone had(or was going to) leak the info right now, I bet, so Spurrier just went with it rather than trying to cover it up until the end of the season only for it to eventually be true.

That's the only scenario I can think of that makes sense. He doesn't seem like the type that would just randomly bail mid-season for no reason.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If true don't you think you'd see a presser saying who the coach-in-waiting is by now? Wouldn't you think there would already be rumors of a coach-in-waiting for when Spurrier retires?