College Football 2015-16

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Weis could try to set the record for being paid by the most number of schools simultaneously. Fairly certain Notre Dame and kansas are both still paying him

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How sick would you be if you were an OU fan right now? Playing great, cocky, productive QB who is playing his best ball this late in the year - but you lost to Texas. TEXAS
If we make it to the playoff I don't give a shit who we lost to

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So... Gary Barnett(ex-Northwestern/Colorado head coach, and now TV analyst) is a Mizzou alum so he does a lot of interviews on local sports radio in Missouri

He and Les Miles were both assitant coaches as Colorado back in the 80s, and he said that he wouldn't be surprised if Les Miles was a serious candidate for the Mizzou job. He says Les possibly wants out of LSU, and LSU kinda feels the same way. They aren't happy about no national titles in a decade now(even though Les has put up double-digit win seasons in 7 of his 10 years at LSU, in the toughest division in college football).

That could be interesting...I'd take Les Miles in a heartbeat over a coach like Herman from Houston that only has a 1 year track record as a head coach. Les could do some damage in the SEC East, and still recruit the same areas since Missouri is geographically closer to all the SEC West schools/states.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would personally take Herman over Les, but Les would be a fantastic get for Mizzu. Theremightbe a lot of premium jobs open this offseason (Texas, LSU, USC, Georgia, and Mizzu is a crazy good list, though, obviously, a three of those might not open up)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I didn't realize Les was already 62 years old, I thought he was mid-50s at most. He's only a year younger than Pinkel

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd take Les Miles in a heartbeat over a coach like Herman from Houston
I think you're totally insane. There are a lot of different indicators that tell us Herman might have been the best coach on that tosu staff. Their offense hasn't looked anywhere near as good this year. Plus, you kinda know what you're getting with Les. I mean, when was the last time anyone was blown away with his game plan? You ask me, I go for the new guy proving himself over the grass eater all damn day.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So I'm randomly looking at the 1990 NCAA Football season (for an argument on a different messageboard, lol)

if conferences still existed today, as they did 25 years ago, would the now nonexistent Southwest Conference conference be the 2nd toughest conference in the country behind the SEC

Southwest Conference teams as of 1990:

Baylor (8-1, ranked #10 right now)
TCU (9-1, ranked #11 right now)
Houston (10-0, ranked #13 right now)
Texas A&M (receiving top 25 votes, but unranked)
Texas Tech (6-5, should make a bowl)
Arkansas (ranked #27)
Rice(terrible)
SMU(terrible)
Texas(terrible, for now)

1990 NCAA Division I-A football season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also didn't realize so many independents were still around that recently
Louisville
Miami
florida St
Penn St
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Va Tech
Boston College
and about 30 more schools

Interesting stuff... I only vaguely remember college football going back that far, I was like 12 years old but just starting to follow college football at that point (I was a bigger baseball fan, than football fan as a kid, the 80s were good for the Royals)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It would definitely be a clean nut.

In related news, Texas to replace Strong with Saban rumors just started today. This is gonna be fun.
So you find it fun that UT is only being used by Saban in leveraging for more moeny?