College Football 2016-2017 Season

Sterling

El Presidente
Every rivalry protected...when did LSU vs. A&M become a rivalry lol.
The newer teams end up with some weird ones just due to the nature of there needing to be 3 for each team. In general though this actually seems pretty awesome.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Art tampering with victims is totally Baylor's fault. Nobody told him that wasn't allowed. Poor dude.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am all for him going this way, since Baylor has refused to release the full report and this will get it released.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The newer teams end up with some weird ones just due to the nature of there needing to be 3 for each team. In general though this actually seems pretty awesome.
Someone needs to tell the aggies. They're all over the LSU board talking like LSU is their big rival. LSU doesn't want to be their rival. LSU is responsible for MO going to the east. That was a big mistake. A&M going to be in another 10-20 year downer period, they're still bitching about UT blah.

Borzak

He's playing a bit part in a movie shooting in Baton Rouge. I liked the comments where I got it from, he picked a hell of a day to be a Baton Rouge cop.

Cmos7rrVUAAcRiB.jpg

Borzak

Leonard Fournette managed to go from having a strong fan base to being in the doghouse rather quick. His fan support now is about 2%. Couldn't keep his mouth shut on the BLM, the guy who got shot in BR (showed up with a pic of him on his t-shirt). The rant is full of fuck hims now.

Borzak

Let's just say he has run out of his goodwill in town. If/when he blows out a knee and runs out of insurance money he'll have a hard time being an insurance salesman in town like most of them wind up.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised no post about this yet. Big 12 has expansion back on the table.

I personally couldn't care less about football, UConn does only okay in the AAC they're boned in the big12, but the basketball teams badly need the power 5 money. I really hope they can get in, if the focus isn't purely football they are a leader of contenders between tv market, academics, basketball strength, even fan base. The football attendance sucks, but I blame that on peoples expectations based on basketball success. If you win they will come.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just honestly can't come up with 2 school that could join the B12 and make the conference more attractive nationally in Football, short of something totally ridiculous like BYU & Notre Dame.

The B12 isn't going to be able to poach anyone from another P5 conference. Another Texas school(Houston) adds no value to the conference, the schools already in the B12 + Texas A&M(who isn't coming back) has to account for about 95% of the football fans in Texas already. So that leaves someone like Colorado St, but can they really bring the Denver TC marker? Not very much of it I would think. Denver is a pro-sports town, it's never really cared about college sports as a whole. Colorado St is twice as far(at least) from Denver as the U of Colorado, and they aren't exactly tearing it up in the fan support department.

So then you can push East, but are schools like Cincinnati and UCONN bringing much value in the TV market? Cinci has been alright, but not overly great in Football for the last decade since Brian Kelly left and Uconn has had some decent years in recent memory, but holy hell that school would be quite the outlier in the conference. A lot of people are already bitching about having to travel to West Virginia.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know one of Cincinnati's allures is that it would make a natural rival to WVU right out the gate. Cincinnati has also invested pretty heavily in it's football facilities recently and also have the ability to play at Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals) when they need to host larger-scale games. Plus I think most people consider the B12 a basketball conference at the moment and UC has a long standing basketball tradition. I really, really hope UC gets added to the B12 and from everything I've read they're one of the front runners.

*Biased UC alumni opinion*

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Problem is, we've all seen what happens when a power conference is focused on basketball prestige rather than football. The Big East was great(at basketball) but it didn't last. It just doesn't seem like basketball revenue is enough to sustain a conference at the highest level long-term. But I agree, that putting Cinci and West Virginia would be great for basketball fans...and Uconn would be awesome from a basketball standpoint as well.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Got into an argument with a Vols fan on /r/cfb who stated it wouldn't be a surprise to him if Tennessee won the national title this year. I think you guys will be good, but I think most people would be pretty surprised if your season ended by hoisting the national title trophy. Tell me this isn't the mindset of the majority of Vols fans, and they're a tad more realistic than that.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Tennessee's coach is not even remotely close to good enough to take that team to a championship. 3 losses is the ceiling for them this year.