College Football 2016-2017 Season

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the season Texas will finally breakthrough!!!!! and fire Charlie Strong for a real coach. I AM PUMPED.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Problem is, we've all seen what happens when a power conference is focused on basketball prestige rather than football. The Big East was great(at basketball) but it didn't last. It just doesn't seem like basketball revenue is enough to sustain a conference at the highest level long-term. But I agree, that putting Cinci and West Virginia would be great for basketball fans...and Uconn would be awesome from a basketball standpoint as well.
Problem with the Big East was that so many member schools didn't even have a football program so they couldn't possibly generate the money of another power conference. From a geographical standpoint Cincinnati makes more sense than Conn but from a media market standpoint Conn probably makes more sense. In terms of sports I'd say its a toss-up with Conn being obviously stellar at bball and really bad at FB. Cinci is a bit more rounded between the two. If that asshole Tuberville would actually coach defense.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping for a win over either Clemson or FSU. We went from one of the youngest teams last year to having one of the teams with the most returners this year. I'm excited to see how Lamar Jackson has progressed over the off-season. He looked fantastic in the spring game, but that is a glorified flag football game. Kid has so much potential.

Our o-line better look component this year also... Last year I think we could've gotten one of our local high schools and done a better job at the o-line.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly have no idea how the ducks will do this year, the last of Chip's recruits are gone now. Haven't been a fan of Helfrich since he took over. Guess we shall see.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Virtue, my concern is that there hasn't beenenoughof a shakeup of the o-line. Virtually all of the linemen from last year returned. I agree Lamar looks good and we very well have the potential to beat one, if not both of those teams.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I predict that OUs defense will underperform expectations but that the offense will allow them to win the Big 12 again.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Heard on the radio Friday that the NCAA is looking at the Ivy League no contact practice and talking about taking the rest of the conferences to a 1 tackle day a week practice. So much for NFL tackling as it is already suffering horribly.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Every Saturday for the past month my kids keep asking if the Hawkeyes play today. I need football! Hate going into a season with high expectations though. Better to be suprised than disappointed.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Co9k80yUEAAwQJr.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user