Ssraeszha Raider
8nd3P2l.jpg
ABXZpVL.jpg
gEDaIfL.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's the real kicker. This is from an AAC forum, and was posted by a Houston fan. It points directly to the main problem. The only way to solve this is to increase the playoff, and make sure the AAC champ gets a slot.

"FYI--the UCF SOS was 72. People make a big deal out of that.

Two things nobody ever points out. That was a top 5 G5 schedule. The highest ranked G5 SOS was Navy at 67.

The second thing nobody points out is that regardless of who a G5 schedules or what they do in OOC---they will never rise much above #67 in SOS. Why? Simple math.
Every P5 conference member will play at LEAST 8 games vs P5 teams---most P5's play 9 or 10. At best a G5 can play 4 P5's (most play 2 or less). Thus, every G5 will rank behind every P5 team, Notre Dame, and probably BYU in any given year. So, any G5 will always have an SOS above 66. If your going to eliminate a G5 for SOS then the G5 is effectively eliminated from the CFP (which is what I have been saying all along--I think Houston would have been eliminated by the rigged Committee or SOS just like UCF had they run the table).

One more thing worth noting, the 2016 UH schedule everyone points to as being "good enough" for UH to make the playoff----well, it was ranked #76 in SOS in 2016---worse then the 2017 UCF schedule."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's because college sports are a joke. Its the best of the favorites.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
One more thing worth noting, the 2016 UH schedule everyone points to as being "good enough" for UH to make the playoff----well, it was ranked #76 in SOS in 2016---worse then the 2017 UCF schedule."

You are forgetting the part where the year before UH went 13-1 and beat Florida State in their bowl game, and started the season ranked 6th. For group of 5 schools to get ranked very high, they need to have success two years in a row. It isn't fair, but it is what it is.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Unfair =\= factually incorrect.

To think professional odds makers, NFL scouts, NCAA football recruiters, and everyone else with a purely financial incentive are biased towards your gimpy school... Delusion.

Fact is, the athletic talent isn't the same, and coaching talent isn't the same. Hence why your good coach is gone. And why you have a one handed receiver...

To be humble in victory garners benevolence. To be the 110lb chimp beating it's chest in front of the 900 lb gorilla gets you slung across the pen.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude, not only are you continuously wrong, you're being an ass about it.

Athletic talent not the same =\= Won't win

You can't even get your "facts" right. UCF had a LB, not a receiver, with one hand. Wrong side of the ball, you tool. And guess what? He was AMAZING! Total playmaker and game changer, and he'll be playing on Sunday next season. Btw, his twin brother, whom also went to UCF but entered the draft last year, is currently playing for the Seahawks, and had a great rookie season. If the talent isn't the same, then why does UCF and other G5 schools consistently have alum playing in the NFL?

Even the commentators aren't stupid enough to make that comparison. The worst we heard against Auburn was that they had more depth. I.e. Their backups were just as good as their starters, and insinuating that UCFs weren't, so when the players got tired, and alternates were subbed in, that's where you would see the difference. Well that turned out to be a nothing burger. Stop looking at the arbitrary number of stars next to a name, and look at what the players actually do for once.

G5 went 4/7 against P5 schools during the bowl games. Those are head to head contests, and the G5 came out on top.

The coaching argument is bullshit too. If G5 coaches weren't on the same level, then why are they continuously getting poached by the P5? Shit, even FSU's new coach was at USF 2 years ago. UCF's previous coach was George O'Leary. You know, Georgia Tech's old coach. I'm getting really tired of schooling you here, son.

Frost is gone because he's going back to where he played. It was his dad's dream that his son would come home to coach for his school. He didn't leave because Nebraska is better. Nebraska hasn't been relevant in 20 years. He's got an up hill battle ahead of him. Nostalgia, memberberries, and daddy's wishes go a long way. UCF matched Nebraska's offer, dollar for dollar. If it had been ANY other school, Frost would still be at UCF.

Quit embarrassing yourself with your elitist bias, and lack of knowledge.

Fadaar

That guy
I too cheer on and support my very own NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: UCF GOLDEN KNIGHTS.

In all seriousness, I hope this leads to a better bowl playoff. I have little doubt that UCF could beat Georga or Alabama this year. Is it a given? No idea, but I would have loved to see it play out. I really wish UCF would move to the ACC. It would help out institutionally as well as sports.

CO State, Vanderbilt, Mississippi, Fresno State, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, FSU (dumpster fire year) and Mercer were no better than the teams UCF played or would also have the same records if they were American Athletic Conference. I am pretty sure they would have beaten every single team listed there.

LSU and Mississippi State are comparable to South Florida and Memphis. So that leaves Auburn the best team Alabama had played, yet lost to them. SEC was shit this year, to really rag on UCF and who they played you must do the same for Alabama.

GG hope it gets better for good the good teams that get fucked over.

FYI they haven't been the Golden Knights since like 2005, I do still have my hat from when I started there in 2004 though!

24131798_10107487525775172_3935380593053468627_o.jpg

• 1Like

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Btw, I'm loving that Florida has 4 teams in the top 25, and not one of those is FSU or UF. The times are changing.

Lane Kiffin has been hilarious at FAU. His Twitter is the stuff of legends.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Here, let me Goog...nm, I've got this.

UCF hired their new HC like 2 days after Frost announced he was leaving.

New coach is Josh Huepel, former National Champion QB of the Oklahoma Sooners, and most recently, Offensive Coordinator for Mizzou.

Also, final CBS poll is out CBS Sports 130 college football rankings: Bama on top, UCF gets love in final poll

Gussy him up all you want but he was a terrible OC when he was at OU. I still like him and hope he does great for your team, but he basically has two decent years at Mizzou as his resume.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol, mizzou.

The Edge The Edge have you ever heard the term "practice girl"?

Basically, it's the girl you use to learn how to fuck.

Can you see where this is going, or were you part of the 50% of ucf students that scored under 28 on the act?

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya, I'm not sold yet. I do have faith in the AD though (he's the one that found Frost), so I'm hoping he sees something similar in this guy. Hard to strike gold twice in a row. We'll see in September. He's got most the team returning, so if he can just maintain, he should be fine.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol, mizzou.

The Edge The Edge have you ever heard the term "practice girl"?

Basically, it's the girl you use to learn how to fuck.

Can you see where this is going, or were you part of the 50% of ucf students that scored under 28 on the act?

Ooh, do a yo mama joke now! I hear they're back in style.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Don't get defensive guy.

Enjoy the fact coaches are going to use you like a stepping stone to better things.

Like the practice girl sees the guy getting married, and can relish in the fact her rotten sludge pot was where he figured it out.

Just be happy for guys like Frost, that has what he actually wanted and not just what he could get.

• 1Worf

Rais

Trakanon Raider
FYI they haven't been the Golden Knights since like 2005, I do still have my hat from when I started there in 2004 though!

View attachment 159401
But they TOLD ME I was a Golden Knight when I walked across the stage last year! But yea I think it's an issue with trademarks of the US Army, so they just go with Knights.