College Football 2017-2018 Season

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fadaar

That guy
That's fucking retarded considering how many college and pro teams share the same name

Also fuck the Army. Air Force 4 life.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
JFC you are such a faggot. Shut up and go away.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's nice to be able to spot the Bernie Bros in other threads.

And don't fault him, I checked the admissions / average freshman scores, he is doing the best he can.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My son and I met with a school out of NYC called Wagner. Youngstown State has left a couple messages at MY JOB? Never heard of Wagner, but Youngstown I have heard of. Son's (LB coach) trainer tells me to hold off on everything until after Jr. year. Don't even talk to these low end D1 schools unless we get zero interest from a top 25. He seems to think my son will spark some interest. I kinda doubt it. But what do I know. This dude played in the NFL. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

I may regret this, but here is my sons HUDL page. He actually doesn't have many highlights because of how they need him from linebacker to corner. Even defensive end. BUT he's solid.

HONEST OPINIONS Guys. He won't see this. Turn up sound.

Jaden-Vaughn Sawyer on Hudl

Kaines

Potato Supreme
My son and I met with a school out of NYC called Wagner. Youngstown State has left a couple messages at MY JOB? Never heard of Wagner, but Youngstown I have heard of. Son's (LB coach) trainer tells me to hold off on everything until after Jr. year. Don't even talk to these low end D1 schools unless we get zero interest from a top 25. He seems to think my son will spark some interest. I kinda doubt it. But what do I know. This dude played in the NFL. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

I may regret this, but here is my sons HUDL page. He actually doesn't have many highlights because of how they need him from linebacker to corner. Even defensive end. BUT he's solid.

Kid is consistently the best player on the field. He's gonna get looked at by the big-time scouts if he keeps that up.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Brahma Brahma I made it halfway through, didn't see anything that really impressed me. Plays hard, which matters and can mean more in the long term than pure talent but it was a few blocks on much smaller kids, or TFL when left untouched. Guessing one of those D linemen are going to go to a big school?

What are his lifts / times? Might be big enough to play corner?

Get him a ride to a good school, fuck top 25 football shit. Chances he goes pro are like 1% of 1%? STEM degree paid for with football is the most likely / probable great outcome.

Edit: basically I'd go with academics. He is a sophomore? So might get a few more inches? Hard to tell with gimped high school highlights and no stats etc.

You don't want your kids body burned up in the pros. Or he'll maybe even NCAA man.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

Good film for a sophomore playing varsity. I’d look hard at at least one camp this summer at a D1 college - a skills/fundamentals camp where you meet coaches and they see who your son is as well as his potential. Obviously has good size for a sophomore. I’m going to take my son to at least one camp this spring, probably two, and he’s a junior playing linebacker at 20 lbs. lighter. There are smaller schools that hold camps that multiple coaches attend, and if they see your son as a D1 talent they typically will pass that along. I’ve told my son I support him but made it clear I’m not enthusiastic about him playing at the college level unless he’s getting close to a full ride, and few if any smaller schools give full scholarships.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma Brahma I made it halfway through, didn't see anything that really impressed me. Plays hard, which matters and can mean more in the long term than pure talent but it was a few blocks on much smaller kids, or TFL when left untouched. Guessing one of those D linemen are going to go to a big school?

What are his lifts / times? Might be big enough to play corner?

Get him a ride to a good school, fuck top 25 football shit. Chances he goes pro are like 1% of 1%? STEM degree paid for with football is the most likely / probable great outcome.

Edit: basically I'd go with academics. He is a sophomore? So might get a few more inches? Hard to tell with gimped high school highlights and no stats etc.

You don't want your kids body burned up in the pros. Or he'll maybe even NCAA man.

He's a 16 Y.O sophomore. 6'0" 195 now.
He was timed in Austin last week @ 4.6/40
I have him up to 225 for 8 reps. I just started him on weights this summer. Goal is 225 for 20 by years end.
His squat he's up to 315 for 10. 415 for 10 by years end is the goal.
The boy is strong as fuck. Freakishly so. I'm not remotely exaggerating.
He is nowhere near that caliber of kid to go pro unfortunately. He's fast, quick and strong. His agility suuuucks. He can't play corner. He's a beast at safety though. He is a solid player. Not great. He will make a couple plays a game that stand out, and rarely fucks up. When he does screw up, he makes up for it somehow. Smart as a whip also.

I'm 6'3". I doubt he gets taller than that. He will get bigger/heavier though. I'm 310lbs. He refuses to eat right now. He's so worried about being cut and looking cute. He's probably 15% body fat tops. I'll get that outta him soon I hope. I just can't bitch about him eating healthy, know what I mean?

As for smaller kids...It's New England. It's not a hotbed for football. I can't send him to public schools with good football programs. School sucks academically. Hence we send him to the camps down south when I get free time. He does well usually. Very well actually.

The school he goes to they just built a 20 million dollar football facility. It might be the best practice facility on the east coast until you hit the pro level. (Dexter Southfield is the school). This was thanks to Bob Kraft, who's grandson plays at the school next to my son. They also freed up 8 more scholarships for football. Between those scholarships and the new facility they have already pulled 2 kids from the power house teams in Massachusetts.

You called it though. Left untouched he makes plays. One on one, he makes plays. Nothing "highlight" worthy. Just makes his plays. SOON as they double him he's neutralized. He doesn't have the size/agility to fight thru 400 pounds worth of kids yet. On top of that they have him on both sides of the ball a lot of games. He will take too many series off to get his second wind. I bitched, and the coach did stop that BS.

I personally want him in a mid tier school playing football. Like Duke. Meh, for football, but D1 and great education. He wants Ivy League. I told him that might be outta the realm of possibility.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
I have a good friend that played OT for Duke in the 90s, he was never an NFL talent but he got that education paid for - funny that he liked basketball more but at 6’6” and 320 he realized football was his ticket.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You don't have to be pro-caliber to play D1 football as long you aren't shooting for the Alabama's/Clemson's of the world. The kid has 2 things you can't coach: speed and instinct. So he can't fight off 2 lineman double teaming him. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that can at the college level, and those that can are going to go on and play on Sundays. Don't sell him short. Just make sure he loves what he does, doesn't get too full of himself, and understands the importance of getting college completely paid for.

Fadaar

That guy
What could really help him out if he does end up at a lower end D1 football school (like the already mentioned Duke) that's in a high power conference (Duke = ACC) and he plays in the secondary (you already mentioned he's got a decent knack for playing safety), he could very well make a name for himself by playing up to the competition, namely opposing QB's. Pick someone like Deshaun Watson or Baker Mayfield off and I can guaran-damn-tee you the pro scouts will notice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So his linebacker coach called me today. This guy played in NFL for Bills a couple years. He says do not take these calls for no name schools. Don't let my son talk to them. Just wait until the end of his Jr. year and then see where he is at as far as interest from what level of programs we are talking about. Obviously is Miami comes knocking, you talk to them. Outside the top 25, or schools you know, just ignore.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
I didn’t play in college, much less the NFL, so I’m no expert - but I just don’t get this “if they ain’t top 25, don’t talk to them.” Offers draw positive attention to the player - it’s not like Miami is seeing that Western Michigan offer and saying “ah hell, no chance we get him now.”

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My son met with a Sam McGrath from Duke yesterday. He explained a lot about the recruiting process (son is under class and under age for him to really recruit seriously) and wants my son to attend their camp this year. He pretty much says Junior year is when my will get bombarded with invites.

East Carolina called my sons head coach today asking for a visit date/time also. Nothing has come of that yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user