College Football 2019 - 2020 Season

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not exactly crazy about the hire of Linehan. He's only really involved in third downs though so I guess we'll see how it plays out.

After the record-setting year they just had, LSU's offensive production can only go backwards a bit. Last is a bit much but with the returning talent and system they have in place, "falling back" to top 5 in the conference is fair, IMO.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Sure do miss the good days when Les would be like “hey, let’s throw ‘em off and instead of handing it off out of the the Power I we’ll pitch it to the tailback and... wait for it... run between the tackles!”

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Could play a high school and make the game come down to the last play, week in and week out. Don't really miss it.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sure do miss the good days when Les would be like “hey, let’s throw ‘em off and instead of handing it off out of the the Power I we’ll pitch it to the tailback and... wait for it... run between the tackles!”

Les wasn't quite as dumb as he came across while speaking but, my word, he was a stubborn sob. The former AD for LSU even recently came out saying how talking to Les was like talking to a brick wall. As an LSU fan, much of what Les did was cringe-worthy. For everyone else, he was a seemingly endless supply of entertainment.

I think many had similar feelings about Orgeron when he was hired (I remember being initially skeptical myself) and the Cajun/Cookie Monster accent only exacerbated that. But unlike Miles, O was smart enough to realize that LSU had to adapt to the new college game by hiring the best coordinators out there and letting them do their thing, just as Saban did 4-5 years earlier.

I'm sure some still laugh at O's outrageous accent but he's got the ultimate comeback - 15-0 and utter dominance bitches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BB9F6FAF-C189-493B-8F4C-0D30F1F97308.jpeg

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At least Coach O enjoys coaching at LSU. Besides winning and having the national championship he's having the time of his life. He threw the first pitch out last night to start the LSU baseball game/season which at LSU is nothing like football but still a pretty big deal. They draw about 10k per game for fans. he wore a baseball uniform with leggings and all. He didn't quite make it over the plate but he looked like he was having fun.

His accent is odd, but from where he's from it's not that odd. I mean he went to high school with Bobby Hebert, not exactly master of the english language.

The Baton Rouge zoo had a new baby giraffe and held a contest to name it. Surprise. Burreaux is the new name lol.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Figured I might get more responses here than travel section...

Going to be in Athens, GA while daughter interviews for grad school, any musts for places to eat/see?

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Figured I might get more responses here than travel section...

Going to be in Athens, GA while daughter interviews for grad school, any musts for places to eat/see?

Spend an hour walking around down town (it’s right off north campus near the arch - not sure what school she is interviewing with/near) and you’ll see plenty of places.

In no particular order:

South Kitchen + Bar
Last Resort Grill
The Grill
The Grit
Starland Pizzeria (this used to be another name that was great and I’ve only gone once to the new one but was still good, nice bar as well)
Varsity (if you want an Atlanta/Athens staple - not intended to be fantastic food but it’s good in a “this shouldn’t be good but it is and will give you a heart attack” way)

Desserts:
Insomnia Cookies
Zombie Coffee and Donuts

There are some other places if you don’t want to be downtown though. But it’s where you get the Athens experience.

In terms of things to see, there’s a bridge that was on REMs album, UGAs campus is great to walk around on, Sanford Stadium is cool to see. All very walkable.

• 1Like

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks - exactly what I was looking for - and she’s hoping to go to their life sciences school. Just along for the ride and while I’ve been once before a long time ago I didn’t really know what to check out nor have enough time really.

• 1Like

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Sarrow Sarrow - thanks for the suggestions - we did go to Last Resort Grill, Starland Pizzeria and The Grill... also hit up Akademia Brewing, Uncle Ernies, Callie and Tito’s and a place called Brett’s Table I think - all were good. Daughter went to Mamas Boy for breakfast with others and said it was good.

Athens and the campus were impressive, just busy especially on Saturday with a basketball game and other events going on.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Lambright played at UW and Coached there for 3 decades mostly as an assistant, his last 6 years at UW were as the head coach.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sorry man, I assume he was there when you were playing?
Our relationship was not great, but I did not wish death on him. From what I had heard in recent years his life had gone to hell, so any injustices he was responsible for were probably paid with interest. RIP

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Daughter will be going to Georgia in the fall - looking for apartments options now. Assuming COVID-19 doesn’t interfere.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Daughter will be going to Georgia in the fall - looking for apartments options now. Assuming COVID-19 doesn’t interfere.

Athens was a fun place to go to games. Georgia was our permanent East so always had that away game to visit. Lots of history with local music and decent chill bars. I didn't really like the University itself b/c it is much more centered around the town (from where I went) and not as well laid out or landscaped like Auburn was. Where the whole thing is one campus with walking paths, parking, and flat terrain, etc... It was just more cohesive. But GA is a good school, have a lot of friends from there.

Fadaar

That guy
Athens was a fun place to go to games. Georgia was our permanent East so always had that away game to visit. Lots of history with local music and decent chill bars. I didn't really like the University itself b/c it is much more centered around the town (from where I went) and not as well laid out or landscaped like Auburn was. Where the whole thing is one campus with walking paths, parking, and flat terrain, etc... It was just more cohesive. But GA is a good school, have a lot of friends from there.

IMO that's one of the best things about UCF's campus. Not the most interesting campus but it's pretty tightly packed and everything is within decently quick walking distance from wherever you park. Parking sucks dick though or at least it did 10 yrs ago.