College Football 2020-2021 Season and the Covid-19 Bowl

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a bunch of noise. After 10 years of being back, Texas is finally back. All Big 12 members back to peasant status.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nebraska is gonna come back to the Big 12. We are getting the band back together. A&M probably won't join back because being 5th in the SEC West is more exciting to them than 7th in the Big 12.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Administrators ruin everything.
Yeah, fear is driving this whole thing. That and the fact that I thought that big time football was a $$$ juggernaut for these universities and then saw the numbers.

Outkick said:
Looking at the University of Texas, the top dog of athletics programs for income with $223,879,781 in total revenue, and comparing that to the academic side of the school, which has $21.7 billion in its academic system for the 2020 fiscal year, the case is made quite easily.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Fuck it....at the rate we are going we may end up with 60 or so teams. They should each play 8 games. Then have a giant tournament for championship. That way everyone gets a shot.

Zero money goes to the schools/conferences who bailed.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, if you look at a January start it doesn't seem so bad to me. Also, get the benefit of seeing what happens with the NFL players over the season

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Honestly, if you look at a January start it doesn't seem so bad to me. Also, get the benefit of seeing what happens with the NFL players over the season

Stop trying to rationalize the pussy response of your conference.

Saban is a raging asshole, but is totally right. These kids are more likely to catch COVID at home or in class than playing football.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
NCAA president says can't have fall sports championships.

Except for football :)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
NCAA president says can't have fall sports championships.

Except for football :)

Because there is no NCAA football championship for whatever reason. That is why everyone always calls them MNCs; short for mythical national championship.

So it can go on because the NCAA never had anything to do with it in the first place.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Oh Big10.....now you are trying to save face and get a season to start in November? You dumb fucks shit the bed by reacting so quick. Now you won’t get a piece of that championship $$.

Borzak

LSU Football team protesting on campus for BLM. As much as I love to tailgate and go to games nothing would please me more than them to quickly hussle to learn a new valuable phrase. "You want fries with that?"

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
NFL/CFB only allowing this shit until it cuts into profits. If it wasn't for covid the currently running sports would have shut that shit down.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to be honest with you. If the whole OU team kneels before a game I'm probably not going to watch this season. I'm sick of politics in my sports.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

I'll stick to college baseball. Even though LSU has won 5 national championships the most you get as a player is 1/2 scholarship. My moms internist held the record for most SEC homeruns until two years ago. Then went on to medical school. If they go BLM I guess I'm totally done with sports.

Borzak

I-55 in MS this morning.

Screenshot_20200901-074157_Gallery_jpg-1572410.JPG

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

LOL the idiocy continues. LSU had a press conference showing their new tech to keep players from getting the virus during games. Fan made into the helmet. Shit you not. Sure the virus kills, but only the weak ones.

Borzak

Dead with a shot through the heart. Season opens at 25% capacity in the stadium. No tailgating season long for LSU.

• 1WTF