College Football 2020-2021 Season and the Covid-19 Bowl

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I figure it is close enough to the start of the new season to recognize that a season might not even exist.

1869 Is billed as the year of the first official college football game. A few years later and college football was well on its way to becoming an annual past time. Since then, there has never been a year where college football was not played in the United States. As we draw closer to the fall, it becomes painfully clear that this season might not happen. If it does happen, it will have many restrictions and a lot of hurdles to jump over to reach any kind of playoff or bowl game. How can a voting system fairly vote if a team was quarantined for two weeks due to an outbreak? Clemson has already shown that outbreaks can occur before the season has even begun.

Fans cannot pack into stadiums. It would feel strange to watch a football game without the cheering and sideline noise associated with every game. It can be done and might have to be done but it will not be the same. The fans make-up the game as much as the game itself.

The amount of money lost due to a canceled season is staggering. You have vendors, hotels, restaurants and local governments who profit from the system. Gambling takes a large hit and of course schools feel the economic impact. All this is lost.

Fall is going to feel a lot different for those people who enjoy watching a great football game.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I don’t think people realize how much $$$ college football makes for lots of people. This includes other sports that don’t generate revenue but use some $$$ from football.

Or how about the smaller schools that go to a bigger school to get curb stomped for phat lewts.

This could have a massive impact on all college sports.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The hardest part will to be to get the players to be in a bubble. They can't even get pros who are paid to do it. You think they'll be able to stop college athletes from chasing women and socializing the entire season?

Hosix

All labs matter!
The hardest part will to be to get the players to be in a bubble. They can't even get pros who are paid to do it. You think they'll be able to stop college athletes from chasing women and socializing the entire season?

Ya that’s the truth. I think it was UConn that already folded up a few of its programs. College sports are here to make money. Make no mistake about it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is another incident.

37 football players and staff at University of North Carolina test positive for Covid-19
From CNN's David Close

The University of North Carolina has suspended the football program’s voluntary workout program after 37 players and staff tested positive for Covid-19.
The Orange County Health Department in North Carolina determined the number of results to be a cluster forcing the Tar Heels to halt activities. The school says it administered 429 tests to players, coaches and staff with roughly 12% returning positive for coronavirus.
The university did not disclose the severity of symptoms of the 37 people who contracted the virus.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, me too. And if they do, and they go to conference only play, who will Notre Dame play? It's a conundrum.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd assume ACC like basketball. Without inter-conference there's really no legit way to have a national title unless they expand the playoffs to 8.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I'd assume ACC like basketball. Without inter-conference there's really no legit way to have a national title unless they expand the playoffs to 8.

Most people complain about OOC schedules being a joke as it is though. I think there are really only ever a few interesting/play off important OOC games a year and the rest our throw away games. For this upcoming year, other than Clemson/ND and Oregon/OSU, what other ones really matter? OU/Tenn? pfft

• 1Salty

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They don't actually give a fuck. They just don't want to miss out on the money train that is college football.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With pro sports showing signs of not being able to purchase enough tests currently, I don't see how college sports will.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I heard the ACC was going to treat them as in conference for football, seeing as how they are in the ACC for damn near every other sport?

It'll be stupid if state rivals that are in different conferences, don't hold their games.

• 1Salty

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, me too. And if they do, and they go to conference only play, who will Notre Dame play? It's a conundrum.

Nobody will play them, as it should have always been. They’ve had enough extra games they didn’t deserve out of the postseason over the past few years to make a full season anyway!

I imagine if the season doesn’t happen we’ll have Alabama fans claiming the national title a few years down the road.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

"Really successful coach," Trump said of Tuberville, whom he's vigorously endorsed in the race against his former attorney general Jeff Sessions. "Beat Alabama, like six in a row, but we won't even mention that. As he said ... because of that, maybe we got 'em Lou Saban ... And he's great, Lou Saban, what a great job he's done."

lmao

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users