College Football 2021-2022, quest for the Delta MU Championship

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As a Auburn fan you like UGA being your perm East foe?

Sure, why not? Not sure where this question is leading but it is a game that has been played since the 1890s, 120+ meetings, and is a fun rivalry. I have many fond memories of the games in both Auburn and going to Athens for it. I won't lose sleep over it or anything, but from a tradition standpoint and rivalry standpoint, yes, I like it.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, why not? Not sure where this question is leading but it is a game that has been played since the 1890s, 120+ meetings, and is a fun rivalry. I have many fond memories of the games in both Auburn and going to Athens for it. I won't lose sleep over it or anything, but from a tradition standpoint and rivalry standpoint, yes, I like it.
Nah, just curious about your perspective is all. Last 20 years has been fairly lopsided. I think it’s awesome rivalry as well.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, you win some you lose some.
If you haven’t watched the 150 year special on the SEC channel, you should. I think the first episode they talk about how Auburn students once greased the rail lines and it made it so the train carrying the Tech team couldn’t stop for miles, forcing the team to walk back to Auburn. It was reported that “Heisman was in the crowd watching the train go by”.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Real talk, honestly.

Recruiting: I think that OU sees a pretty big drop off the next few years because of how badly this was timed. HOWEVER, you see those recruiting class rankings that Riley pulled in...do you see that level of performance on the field? You have to be one of the first to relish in the fact that our 4 and 5 star players have been far more likely to play like garbage than to light up the Big XII.

The SEC: I think the best part of OU and even Texas going to the SEC is that it is going to be a divisional/pod format. That means that they have a decent chance at dodging one or two of the best teams while they get their feet under them and the SEC may even underhandedly front load their schedules to be easier to prove that expanding was the right decision (not that I agree with this). So if OU plays an eight SEC game schedule of A&M, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss, Georgia, Kentucky, and Florida do you think that they will be guaranteed to lose 4 or 5? It would more likely mean 10-2 or 9-3 but not in the playoffs. Is that a disaster? It may look worse but we'd get the "The SEC is just tougher" benefit. Also, we are probably going to get a bit of leeway from the media because of how giant Lincoln leaving how he did is going to play out. They will talk about it EVERY SINGLE GAME for 2 years at least. Guaranteed.
I mean I don't totally disagree, but I just look at it like this = OU is a top 5 "brand" in CFB, but it's predicated on winning as the "reach" of a school from Oklahoma is just narrower than one from say California or Texas. Kind of like Alabama but a bit lesser, but OU is built on the tradition of winning to me. Like, it's easy to sell people on the fact that OU wins the big 8 or 12 essentially 8/10 years or whatever, which lends to the mystique and selling power of the school. Does that "tradition" carryover to the SEC is my question? For Texas, it's irrelevant as the schools mystique has never been ensorcelled in their winning, championships and league titles. It's always been a money/image sale, and that improves quite a bit for Texas in the SEC. For OU though, at least to me and my experience in the state and with friends, it's about winning. Big 12's, BCS bowl games, making playoffs and Heismans etc. I just reckon that entire image will change in a few years and I'm not certain it'll be for the betterment of the "brand". Who knows though, OSU's stuck in the Big 12 and it really didn't matter either way to OSU's futures and we're mostly happy to be a long for the ride.

I don't think OU goes to the SEC and magically turns into Arkansas or Ole Miss (God doesn't love me that much), they will be competitive no question, but the days of 10 straight 10+ win seasons, conference championships every year are done you'd have to imagine? Is that enough for OU and the "brand"? I guess time will tell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

OU will need to hire a coach that can bring players with him just to have enough to field a team at this point.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fickell isn't going to leave Cincy to rebuild another program.

I'm just saying that he is the guy I want OU to go after with the full court press. I don't know anything about him outside what I've seen on the field and his obvious ability to get his players to buy in.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OU is definitely going to take a short term hit but that is due to the way Riley is leaving, not the SEC move. Recruits are decommitting en mass and half their starters will be in the portal by Wednesday.

The next coach is destined to fail but as long as he sets up recruiting into the south, the next coach will rebound (UNLESS YALL HIRE STRONG AND HERMAN BACK TO BACK HAHAH, kill me).

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Colin said USC going to be the next Bama.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Colin said USC going to be the next Bama.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the good news for OU is they don’t have to worry about all their WRs leaving because they won’t have a scholarship Qb on the roster to throw them the ball anyways.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, kinda surprised. Maybe he thinks going to LSU will give him the recruiting he needs to get that ring?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think it'll happen but if Fickell also goes to ND I might hate ND forever.