College Football 2022-23 Season.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
On the bright side, CF is going to a 12 team playoff system soon. So ND would be in the playoffs. I am looking forward to the 12 team system. That should cover most of the teams that might have that one year.
I’m more in the camp that moving it to 12 teams just means more blow outs. How many competitive semifinal games have there been?

Look at last year, was a 10-3 Utah going to be able to take out UGA, Bama and Ohio? I mean, maybe one, but all three?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I’m more in the camp that moving it to 12 teams just means more blow outs. How many competitive semifinal games have there been?

Look at last year, was a 10-3 Utah going to be able to take out UGA, Bama and Ohio? I mean, maybe one, but all three?
It only takes one out of 64 for the entire March Madness story lines to be about a Cinderella making it to the sweet 16. You don't think 1 out of 12 could get a couple upset victories and make the semi's? Also, it's about making Conference Championships fucking matter again. Georgia not getting a cush seeding when they fail to win their Conference would be a fucking HUGE upgrade to the current process.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
It only takes one out of 64 for the entire March Madness story lines to be about a Cinderella making it to the sweet 16. You don't think 1 out of 12 could get a couple upset victories and make the semi's? Also, it's about making Conference Championships fucking matter again. Georgia not getting a cush seeding when they fail to win their Conference would be a fucking HUGE upgrade to the current process.
For sure the #12 team could get an upset or two, but I don’t think some little sisters of the poor team, that makes it into the 12th slot, is every going to upset whoever the current power houses are. A team like that could have a good to great roster in their starting 22 but I don’t think they are going to keep the level of play up, necessary to win it all.

Casuals already think the regular season doesn’t matter all that much, and that bowl games outside of the playoffs are meaningless. This will just make it worse.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What an absolute crazy finish to the LSU FSU game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
For sure the #12 team could get an upset or two, but I don’t think some little sisters of the poor team, that makes it into the 12th slot, is every going to upset whoever the current power houses are. A team like that could have a good to great roster in their starting 22 but I don’t think they are going to keep the level of play up, necessary to win it all.

Casuals already think the regular season doesn’t matter all that much, and that bowl games outside of the playoffs are meaningless. This will just make it worse.
The regular season not mattering will only be true if you're a team who has no competition for your Conference Championship. 4 of the Conference Champions getting an automatic bye will make all the competitive conference regular season matter a TON. Because they will want to get into that Conference Championship game and get a shot at one of those 4 byes. And the 64th team in the basketball tournament has no shot either. But 12 and 11 seeds upset their games all the time. No reason why the 6 or 7 seed in the CFP couldn't do the same.

Expansion makes the post season better, as you see more of the best teams play games. It makes Conference Championships actually matter AT ALL. And it does away with the bullshit seeding of non-Conference champions. This is an all around improvement and brings College Football out of being the absolute laughing stock when it comes to a league's post-season.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Expansion makes the post season better, as you see more of the best teams play games.
I'm not anti-expansion. I just don't think it will have the desired outcome a lot of people are thinking it will is all. Out of the top teams from last year, who was Pitt and Utah legitimately going to beat? Could they have beat Ohio then Bama the next week? How many semi games have been competitive, three? In eight years? Are the 8 other teams really going to challenge the top tier schools? Maybe....probably not though.

I've seen some media say it'll bring "needed parity", as if enough top 100 talent will suddenly flood G5 teams or good P5 teams because now they can get in to a 12 team playoff. I don't think that talent is going to Bama and Ohio State because they can get to the play off, those teams are getting that talent because of a relentless, never-ending focus on recruiting.

I think the one thing that needs to happen is that the criteria need to be clearly defined, and it doesn't seem to be right now. Does the playoff committee want the best teams or the most deserving teams? I don't think that's clear right now.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think the one thing that needs to happen is that the criteria need to be clearly defined, and it doesn't seem to be right now. Does the playoff committee want the best teams or the most deserving teams? I don't think that's clear right now.
The CFP will still release their top 25 rankings starting in October. The criteria is pretty damn clear. Top 6 ranked conference champions get in. Top 4 ranked champions get a bye. The at-large will just be the top 6 ranked teams that aren't conference champions. Pretty damn clear to me.

Last edited:

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
The CFP will still release their top 25 rankings starting in October. The criteria is pretty damn clear. Top 6 ranked conference champions get in. Top 4 ranked champions get a bye. The at-large will just be the top 6 ranked teams that aren't conference champions. Pretty damn clear to me.

What I mean by right now, is with the current system. Not what they may go to.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Damn, Texas may actually be back.

Until they are at the 2 yard line with Bijan Robinson, 8 seconds left, and 2 timeouts and call up a slow developing pass play to roll out their backup QB.

Keep Texasing, Texas.

Sterling

El Presidente
Expanded playoffs might not change much in the first couple of seasons but it seems like it should help some teams that aren't bama and the other 3 or 4 teams that currently matter recruit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Expanded playoffs might not change much in the first couple of seasons but it seems like it should help some teams that aren't bama and the other 3 or 4 teams that currently matter recruit.

Really gonna depend on how well the pay the players going forward. I'll be surprised if there isn't a players union already by the time this change even happens.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Texas gets a safety. Damn, this is looking great. As hard as it is for me to cheer for Texas, I always cheer for anyone but Alabama.

edit, and damn. They take it away. Fuckers.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The only solace I can give early in the 3rd quarter is that Bama isn't going to have SEC referees bailing them out of a close game.
I spoke too soon. Referees just handing phantom penalties against Texas.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Listen, fuck Texas.

But that was some bullshit. Thank God we won't deal with these retarded refs in a few years.

• 1Truth!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
seems they' got it right in the end, surprised with that

• 1Like