Comcast X1?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yep, I've had that too. Hitting the record button, says its recording but not recording.

Nothing but the best at Comcast. They still can't explain why the HDMI wont transmit to my TV. They say its my TV's fault...nevermind that I had DTV running to it at one point and every other device I have that plugs into my TV is through HDMI.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
heres a question, is the x1 fully hdmi compatible allowing one remote to control everything, unlike their standard boxes that don't allow it.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have learned that you really need to call DirecTV once a year and threaten to leave if they don't give you some discounts. I have gotten NFL Sunday Ticket free 2 of the last 3 years and they always lower the prices for a few months. I've been told that they are allowed to give $250 in discounts per year but I don't know if that's true but it definitely pays to call in once a year and ask them what they can do for you.
Yes this works with all cable/dish companies. Its obvious they make a mint off whatever they charge you, its just a numbers game to them.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
I switched over to Comcast's X1 from DirecTV and have been mostly happy. The only thing that hasn't worked properly is the 5 channels recording at the same time. As someone mentioned, I have had a couple programs not record even when they were the only one set to record. I haven't bothered to complain yet, but it is annoying to worry about something recording or not. I got the triple play with a phone I will never use and 50mb internet for $100 a month through an old college friend that sells for Comcast, so I'm saving significantly from what I was paying before.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm going to complain tomorrow. In two weeks it hasn't it didn't record an episode of Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Castle and tonight, Big Bang Theory.

The more I thought about it the more I figured I'm not paying for this shit if it's not going to do every damned thing I tell it to.