COME AT ME BRO'S (TYPING COMPETITION)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did this back in February, 20 races or so and averaged 105. My highest was 117, also happened to be my most accurate at 99.2%.

Fyro

Golden Squire
180 wpm average. this is fun
That seems humanly impossible; inhumanly possible.

I was around 70-80, my best was 106 in the practices, hit 93 with the 'typing test' certification.

I don't type on a computer nearly as much as I used to. I do wish I could be above 100 words per minute.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Whatever, I'm at like 50, but that mostly is because I keep trying to predict what words come next, I can't spell and I'm not a fucking liar trying to get bragging points on an internet message board forum.

kudos

<Banned>
Whatever, I'm at like 50, but that mostly is because I keep trying to predict what words come next, I can't spell and I'm not a fucking liar trying to get bragging points on an internet message board forum.
I'm not lying when I say I hit 118 wpm last night before I went to bed. It was on the list with my username for a good hour or so before I left.

However, it is possible to cheat but not the updating list. Only the list of each paragraph that shows after each race. Those are the 300 wpm bullshit scores. The bottom list is all legit.

xrg

Golden Squire
I generally get around 90-110 wpm on Typeracer. Needing to correct slows me down a lot. On10FastFingersyou don't need to correct and I usually get around 120 wpm and have gotten into 130s a few times.

Hereis one for coders too. Even on Python with light syntax, I only get like 40wpm.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
65 wpm - not too bad considering I've only got 6 usable digits IMO. (my genetic thing includes webbed hands - so my ring and pinky are useless for typing)

Not sure what an appropriate handicap would be, but I won my race even without one. (90.6% accuracy could be better though)

PS - CORRECTED webbed hands BTW - they don't look much more than mangled now, lots of people that notice over the years make "lawn mower" or "bad fire" questions.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I generally get around 90-110 wpm on Typeracer. Needing to correct slows me down a lot. On10FastFingersyou don't need to correct and I usually get around 120 wpm and have gotten into 130s a few times.

Hereis one for coders too. Even on Python with light syntax, I only get like 40wpm.
Heh, the sample I got for C++ had very verbose words used. Not saying the length/descriptions were right or wrong, but the best way to get high word counts when writing code with large variable names is to get used to the word completion and editing abilities in a good IDE. Additionally you copy/paste so much text that just sitting down and writing characters iteratively can be rare.

It would be interesting if they had a test where you took a datastructure like

and some shit like
and had to finish generateCar() to retun the car with those values.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got 99 the first time but everything else was low 80s/high 70s. Made me realize that I now only really use my index finger and middle finger on both hands as I type. I will use my ring finger but not as much as I technically should. Fuck using my pinky, I just shift my hands around for that.

Thank you MUDs for teaching me to type.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got 99 the first time but everything else was low 80s/high 70s. Made me realize that I now only really use my index finger and middle finger on both hands as I type. I will use my ring finger but not as much as I technically should. Fuck using my pinky, I just shift my hands around for that.

Thank you MUDs for teaching me to type.
No thumb for space? Weird... Or just discounting how much it's used because of only being one key?

But yea, you can get high WPM with those two plus thumb, as stated, I've only got that set usable really. And actually typing this response and making me think of it, I do use my left ring a tiny bit - didn't think it was usable, but I feel it hitting SXAZ block stuff, right ring is just the massive enter key though.