Comic Books

Sterling

El Presidente
It's kind of funny how the old Marvel Star Wars comics have seen such a surge in recent years. Those things were practically worthless for so long. Also graded comics not from pre 80s are a false scarcity since there's a lot of books that could be graded and are not. I feel like graded books are a bubble that won't last at least for anything after the mid 80s.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bros should I buy Star Wars #1 1977 vf/nm for $140 or Saga #1 9.8 grade & signed by Fiona staples for $125?
I buy one neat collectable per vacation can't decide atm. Love saga but currently in a Star Wars obsession due to the new movie hype.
Did you read Vader? i posted about it in the SW book thread, it's the only SW's comic i've ever read, it's fucking awesome.

Kiron gillen or however the fuck you spell his name and larroca

Nester

Vyemm Raider
YES! It also pushed my buttons, I found a torrent with every Star Wars comic up till last year and am on a binge. Some of the darth maul stuff is really good too, surprised me. He basicly gets saved after getting cut in two has metal legs and is super pissed at the emperor for dropping him for dooku.

I like the saga option becouse, the book is great and already graded, I hate the idea of sending away for a grade and isn't it like $40?

Have you guys sent stuff in for grades? If so how was the experience and cost?

Wonder if I should get my old Xmen 266 or new mutants 87 done. That being said sterling has a valid point on modern books.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Vader is great b/c they're using Vader as a way into the underworld and shit, also (if you haven't read it yet
Aphra is my favorite character. I'm pretty sure it's b/c Gillen can write women well. In his other comic Uber, Maria is written great as well. Note i did not go into Vader, liking it, rather with skeptisim, and thinking that SW's comics suck

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
current secret wars 2015 you should maybe want to read/torrent

secret wars 2015 - it is REALLY starting to strain itself, but it's Hickman so really that's the only positive is that i know Hickman can create something. (6 of 8)

seige - it's a nice read from the POV of Abigail Brand, art is ugly as sin (finished)

old man logan - Sad wolverine is world hoping around, eh (finished)

infinity gauntlet is getting weak

spiderman renew vows, failed to impress

years of future past, bleh

future imperfect, didn't go anywhere

yea, don't bother really, i haven't read anything really besides secret wars stuff these 2 months and it's been bleh, and recently i picked up the Vader series, and holy shit every issue a great story, it made me realize how much i've strained to find the good tiny tiny tiny nuggets in secret wars.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
YES! It also pushed my buttons, I found a torrent with every Star Wars comic up till last year and am on a binge. Some of the darth maul stuff is really good too, surprised me. He basicly gets saved after getting cut in two has metal legs and is super pissed at the emperor for dropping him for dooku.

I like the saga option becouse, the book is great and already graded, I hate the idea of sending away for a grade and isn't it like $40?

Have you guys sent stuff in for grades? If so how was the experience and cost?

Wonder if I should get my old Xmen 266 or new mutants 87 done. That being said sterling has a valid point on modern books.
Have you watched clone wars? They show all that in the series.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, they are making Blade a teenage female. Sweet 16.

I officially can't even torrent this crap.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_112933.jpg

Is this a flagship title? gah the art is ugly, this Stegman guy's art is disgusting, wtf is wrong w/ his legs?

They should just let the T-mist kill all mutants, also jumping the shark making Deadpool an Avenger

Daymen 8 got released finally, so you can finish up this series if you haven't, it's good.
Day Men Vol. 1: Matt Gagnon: 9781608863938: Amazon.com: Books

that's v1

I know i've talked up East of West a bunch, but it's starting to loose me, actually i don't think it's felt good for a few issues

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_112933.jpg

Is this a flagship title? gah the art is ugly, this Stegman guy's art is disgusting, wtf is wrong w/ his legs?

They should just let the T-mist kill all mutants, also jumping the shark making Deadpool an Avenger

Daymen 8 got released finally, so you can finish up this series if you haven't, it's good.
Day Men Vol. 1: Matt Gagnon: 9781608863938: Amazon.com: Books

that's v1

I know i've talked up East of West a bunch, but it's starting to loose me, actually i don't think it's felt good for a few issues
Gerry Duggan is a decent writer. But that art..for a cover...eww.

Lets get all stylistic and Liefeldian again!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I used to love the What If...? books, but man, the one that released this week was so, so bad. 'What if the X-Men were the only ones left alive during Infinity' has us joining a group of mutants in space 5 years later looting an abandoned ship. Some former Avengers show up, a minor twist, hugs for all, the end.

What the fuck?

I liked Stegman's art on Superior Spider-Man, but wow that is bad.