Comic Books

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If Captain America has been evil all those years how in the hell he was able to do this? "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

rrr_img_135038.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
If Captain America has been evil all those years how in the hell he was able to do this? "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

rrr_img_135038.jpg
Because he hasnt. The even hamfistedly shoved in lines about when he was a werewolf and an old man and all that stuff to ..yet again... hamfistedly show you this is one of those things that wont stick. The last act w zemo just did not SHOW the change with the cosmic cube or whatever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Actually picked up like $40 worth of books this week.

Good first impressions of both Civil War #1 and Superman: Rebirth #1.

Still have several others to read, not even sure I've ever even read a Green Arrow book before.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Going to a Brian Michael Bendis signing this weekend. Going to have him sign my All-New X-Men #1 for sure, but not sure what the priority should be besides that. I have all the Ultimate End issues from last summer's Secret Wars. International Iron Man #1. The Marvel Collector Corps' variant for Invincible Iron Man #1. And Civil War II #0 and #1.

Not a hard limit on how many I can have signed, but they said they might kick people to the back of the line that have a lot. I'm leaning towards Civil War #1, but I feel like everyone is going to have that for him to sign since it just came out. Any advice on which ones above would be worth the most to get signed?

Thanks in advance.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
powers, alias have shows
black spiderman BMB has a hard on for

house of m, always good, bound to get in movies someway or another

his run of GotG was really shit tho.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

rrr_img_135038.jpg
Because it's bad writing and within one year's time they'll reveal it was an impostor/skrull/clone/brainwashing/alternate timeline captain. DC and Marvel have been putting tripe like this consistently over the last decade.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
They're killing someone 'big' in Civil War II #3, maybe it will be Cap again? And then back again for 'Marvel NOW!' somehow. Bleh.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Civil War II

Holy shit, this must be the worst Marvel shitty shit, so far, it's actually unreadable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So its the continuation of Civil War 1?
no, since Marvel really wants to make inhumans a thing, it's Tony v. inhumans. Since they want to make Ms. Marvel a thing, she leads the Avengers (i think, i don't fucking know) and she's caught in the middle, along with SHIELD.

Oh and just like Civil War I, they kill a black guy, only this time, the black guy is rather important, or at least more important than black goliath.

radditsu

Just read some spoilers. Dumb.

Is it just me or is Carol Danvers Captain Marvel just as confused as Wonder Woman? The difference being Wonder Woman has been around for 80 fucking years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just read some spoilers. Dumb.

Is it just me or is Carol Danvers Captain Marvel just as confused as Wonder Woman? The difference being Wonder Woman has been around for 80 fucking years.
the problems with Danvers is that she is movement.

A movement perputrated by the necessity of being written by a women.

Only the good women writers barely fit on a hand.

Danvers has been uninteresting ever since Kelly Sue took her over, she is as bland as morning shit. Now Danvers is being written by 2 bitches who wrote Agent Carter.

She's just horrible, but so are any politically motivated comic characters really, only the white bland characters, can actually be built well, cuz they don't have a political agenda.

Like stupid new korean Hulk, holy shit that is hard, hard to read, and i'm the exact asian target audience, and it's horrible.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I don't mind it beyond the impetus - a precog inhuman. Just hate that idea.

The butthurt over the fatality and near-fatality, I think has been pretty well done so far.

The Civil War X-book is completely worthless though, and this is coming from someone who was only buying X-books before Civil War (checked out of the last Marvel event early on).

Think the heroes are going to have to deal w/ Hydra Cap soon too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Realized I had downloaded Deadpool vs. Hawkeye at some point. Reading today I saw an exchange that reminded me how much I enjoyed Kate in the Hawkeye books, even though this isn't directly by Fraction/Aja they made the character how she is. This is when she first shows up.

xmAYWbk.jpg

trollface.jpeg

radditsu

the problems with Danvers is that she is movement.

A movement perputrated by the necessity of being written by a women.

Only the good women writers barely fit on a hand.

Danvers has been uninteresting ever since Kelly Sue took her over, she is as bland as morning shit. Now Danvers is being written by 2 bitches who wrote Agent Carter.

She's just horrible, but so are any politically motivated comic characters really, only the white bland characters, can actually be built well, cuz they don't have a political agenda.

Like stupid new korean Hulk, holy shit that is hard, hard to read, and i'm the exact asian target audience, and it's horrible.
So you are saying the only person would could possibly save Cap Marvel is Amanda Conner?

and

How can Amadeus Hulk be bad? I miss him running around with Herc doing weird shit. Maybe I just like Pak and Van Lente =\

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Realized I had downloaded Deadpool vs. Hawkeye at some point. Reading today I saw an exchange that reminded me how much I enjoyed Kate in the Hawkeye books, even though this isn't directly by Fraction/Aja they made the character how she is. This is when she first shows up.
That issue run was honestly great, especially with the Uatu "cameo". Not sure why Marvel decided to break Clint and Kate up again when their street level buddy team-up stories were the best thing they've ever been in.