Comic Books

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoyed Rebirth #1 more than most anything else I've been reading, will certainly give the new lines of books a shot.

X-Men books have made even Apocalypse somehow boring, barely holding on there and stopped buying Avengers when Standoff started.

If it weren't for Civil War there wouldn't be much Marvel in my future, so we'll see how long that stays interesting.

Also, I might have to get this, saw a large vinyl poster of it at my comic shop last night -Secret Wars By Alex Ross Oversized Vinyl Poster - Midtown Comics. Still need to get the Art Adams vinyl that's the same size framed/hung.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The only thing that could make that worse is if Captain America also showed up at every one of our homes and raped our assholes himself.

What the fuck are they thinking?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Enjoyed Rebirth #1 more than most anything else I've been reading, will certainly give the new lines of books a shot.

X-Men books have made even Apocalypse somehow boring, barely holding on there and stopped buying Avengers when Standoff started.

If it weren't for Civil War there wouldn't be much Marvel in my future, so we'll see how long that stays interesting.

Also, I might have to get this, saw a large vinyl poster of it at my comic shop last night -Secret Wars By Alex Ross Oversized Vinyl Poster - Midtown Comics. Still need to get the Art Adams vinyl that's the same size framed/hung.
Same, and also shocked, i might actually, somehow pick up aquaman?

Dan Abnett is writing, so i'll have to give aquaman? a shot, holy shit.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Well, I guess that's one way to get people on board with their new minority SJW character retreads.

We got to like Black Cap now, Old cap is a Nazi!

Lusiphur

Peasant
Looking for suggestions for something new to read. I am not that big into DC/Marvel though.
Currently I am following Starve, Letter 44 and Saga. Have been a fan for years so I am only looking for recommendations for recent stuff. Please?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looking for suggestions for something new to read. I am not that big into DC/Marvel though.
Currently I am following Starve, Letter 44 and Saga. Have been a fan for years so I am only looking for recommendations for recent stuff. Please?
From AvatarPress, i got Uber, they're on break and have volumes released
Uber Volume 1: Kieron Gillen, Caanan White: 9781592912186: Amazon.com: Books

From BOOM! daymen finished a few months ago
Day Men Vol. 1: Matt Gagnon: 9781608863938: Amazon.com: Books
Course older but still awesome from boom is irredeemable and incoruptable
Irredeemable Premier Vol. 1: Mark Waid, Peter Krause: 9781608867882: Amazon.com: Books

I'm struggling to remember anything Dynamite has done that's awesome besides the boys
The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game: Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson: 9781933305738: Amazon.com: Books

IDW still has locke and key
Locke Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft: Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez: 9781600103841: Amazon.com: Books
and recently ppl have said TNMT are good again, and previously transformers w/ the whole megatron war

Image is killing it, you already got Saga
east of west is a must, Hickman is great at world building
Amazon.com: East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise eBook: Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta: Kindle Store

i've recently picked up Monstress, issue 6 just got released.

Vaugn has also released Paper Girls and it's a hit (i haven't caught up tho)
wicked and divine trailed off for me, but many still like it

Jupiters Legacy v2 starts up next month, i've been waiting for this for a while
Amazon.com: Jupiters Legacy, Vol. 1 (9781632153104): Mark Millar, Frank Quitely: Books

lazarus is taking a break is good, then theres always the trendy chew, birthright etc

Lusiphur

Peasant
From AvatarPress, i got Uber, they're on break and have volumes released
Uber Volume 1: Kieron Gillen, Caanan White: 9781592912186: Amazon.com: Books

From BOOM! daymen finished a few months ago
Day Men Vol. 1: Matt Gagnon: 9781608863938: Amazon.com: Books
Course older but still awesome from boom is irredeemable and incoruptable
Irredeemable Premier Vol. 1: Mark Waid, Peter Krause: 9781608867882: Amazon.com: Books

I'm struggling to remember anything Dynamite has done that's awesome besides the boys
The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game: Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson: 9781933305738: Amazon.com: Books

IDW still has locke and key
Locke Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft: Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez: 9781600103841: Amazon.com: Books
and recently ppl have said TNMT are good again, and previously transformers w/ the whole megatron war

Image is killing it, you already got Saga
east of west is a must, Hickman is great at world building
Amazon.com: East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise eBook: Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta: Kindle Store

i've recently picked up Monstress, issue 6 just got released.

Vaugn has also released Paper Girls and it's a hit (i haven't caught up tho)
wicked and divine trailed off for me, but many still like it

Jupiters Legacy v2 starts up next month, i've been waiting for this for a while
Amazon.com: Jupiters Legacy, Vol. 1 (9781632153104): Mark Millar, Frank Quitely: Books

lazarus is taking a break is good, then theres always the trendy chew, birthright etc
Cheers dude. Tucobucks when I get on a real computer.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, I guess that's one way to get people on board with their new minority SJW character retreads.

We got to like Black Cap now, Old cap is a Nazi!
They say he's been an undercover Nazi for 75 years now. Ridiculous.

rrr_img_134661.jpg

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Eh, think that's a product of the cosmic cube that de-aged him. Won't last long IMO.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wait so what happened to Cap? something fucked up his Serum, he got old, he passed shield to Falcon, Black Cap.

So he's like 80, in another dimension, found some evil kid and made him good? And Director of SHIELD

Secret Wars 2

Now he's just a 75 yr old Hydra Sleeper agent?

Is Black Cap still around?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
googling around seems that a female cosmic cube made old cap, young cap again... christ wtf. Black Cap wasn't even around for a year

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Cap #1 tells a story of a kid being relatively brainwashed by Hydra and becoming a suicide bomber, and also the story of a young Steve Rodgers and his mom being recruited to a Hydra Society meeting, presumably for the same type of indoctrination, leading him to have been Hydra for his whole life. Issue ends w/ Zemo and Cap fighting, interrupted by Jack Flag, who Cap throws out of a plane before the above page and 'Hail Hydra'. The guy who's gagged is Dr. Selvig.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've never read any of the comics, but I'm assuming he's been defeating hydra in them for awhile now...Sounds like the worst double agent ever.