Comic Books

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Most of the teams seem like they have lots of potential, some kinda strange groupings for sure.

Is that gambit as 'the daredevil's apprentice'? seems interesting..

which spider comic will be cancelled first? i'm hoping prego-spider bursts open and is devoured by her young in the first issue.

For some reason i am most looking forward to stuff with Dum Dum Dugan

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Nine fucking Spider comics? (counting Venom)

Glad All-New X-Men will continue. It's my favorite. Storm+Wolverine team is boring. Magik and Ice-Man are the only reason I'd care about it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am out of date on my x men , why is that young jean and not Hope Summers?

Oh, wiki says coma...good luck with that.
last time i kinda sorta cared about x-force (this was currently the comic Hope is in) she took over as the leader. i don't think anyone knows shit to do w/ Hope, she's supposed to be ghetto Jean w/o reviving Jean but they time displaced young Jean, so fuck it i guess, which i think is in poor taste to those of us that Followed Hopes story from when she was born to Cable being a white version of Piccolo.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't ever been much of a fan so I'm interested in those suggestions too, but FYI Flash #41 that came out last week I've been told is decent for new and returning readers. Most of the post-Convergence books have been set up that way really.
Oh, well that's cool. Thanks for the heads up on that.
smile.png

Anyone else got anything for me?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fuck you DC, they take Midnighter and put him in his own shitty series w/ a shitty artist. DC has the greatest superhero team of all, The Authority and they're just sitting on their asses making the Retard League of Idiots.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh, well that's cool. Thanks for the heads up on that.
smile.png

Anyone else got anything for me?
If you want to go back some years check out the start of Geoff Johns Flash run with Flash v4 #164. It's been years since I've read it but I really enjoyed that run.

Daven_sl

shitlord
Well just purchaced the new Dr fate book from DC what a steaming pile of shit. Thanks for shitting on my favorite character
frown.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Convergence was horrible. My understanding is now that everything is Canon while at the same time nothing is Canon..do I have that right?

I look forward to superman dragging a bunch of planets on a chain once again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DC is sucking such shit, they've been sucking shit for years. The only good thing to come out of them is Injustice. Injustice should be the main DC Universe, b/c it plays out what really should happen in the DC universe if they didn't keep on coddling Superman and treating him with kid gloves.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
DC is sucking such shit, they've been sucking shit for years. The only good thing to come out of them is Injustice. Injustice should be the main DC Universe, b/c it plays out what really should happen in the DC universe if they didn't keep on coddling Superman and treating him with kid gloves.
Nope. Your opinion is subpar.

But the DC stuff is spot on.

Caliane

we get royalties now at DC. So, buy my books!

Starfire went into 2nd printing. Should be decent off that.
JL3k numbers are low.

The only 2 consistent DC books I'm on atm.
But we/I do do "pick up" as well. Harley quinn, Action comics, Sm/WW, Superman. Alot of event comics of course too.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Sorry bro, just can not get into JL3k

Whos dick can you suck to get in on injustice or a GL book?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How are people liking Secret Wars still? Thought Age of Apocalypse was just OK (which = disappointment, had high hopes). Civil War was interesting, hell of an escalation from the incident that started it, for anyone interested:

Story starts in the negative zone or wherever prison that was used in the original story, all the heroes are fighting, freeing allies, etc and Black Panther is trying to disarm the self destruct that's been triggered. Someone, Wasp I think, tells Stark that Panther has triggered the self destruct on purpose to just wipe out everyone... so there you have this original CW-like deception/misunderstanding at the crux of it. This leads to Cloak opening up and trying to save everyone, but it's too many people. The self destruct goes off for this massive compound in another dimension, and because Cloak is overloaded he provides a path to the real world for the explosion. A bunch of heroes are wiped out but so are 15 million people or something.

Years pass, Cap oversees a 'wild west' of anyone can use their powers called 'The Blue' w/ a 'Punishers' police force (unseen, only mentioned this episode) and Iron Man has 'The Iron" that has a lot of rules and ties to the civilized world and superhuman registration and schools. Aside from the above story it also features Tony and Steve meeting face to face to talk things over and try and work some things out. Naturally that doesn't go as planned.

Kinda losing interest in Inferno, and have a stack of books that I still need to read of the other tie-ins. Have some other things I picked up recently to dig into... a nice Annihilation hardcover, wanted to re-read Black Portal now that the hardcover for that is out, and bought the hardcover of the Superman: Doomed arc from Charles Soule himself at the comic con here a couple weeks ago. Was considering spinning up a Marvel Unlimited sub for a little bit and digging into some stuff there. PENNY gets you your first month for... well yeah, a penny.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm only reading Secret Wars Main, and liking it, which scares me, b/c when i like something by Marvel they love to fuck it up in the end, however, it's by Hickman, so i'm less worried.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is The Stuff of Legend co-authored by GRR Martin or something? Last update on book 5 seems to be from their facebook page half a year ago saying "2015 sometime." For a book that was supposed to come out 2014.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I just started reading Deadpool Classic trades and they go and announce a Spiderman/Deadpool team coming this fall. I've never really been into comics, but I like the comedy they can bring in with a character that doesn't take it all so seriously.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck you DC, they take Midnighter and put him in his own shitty series w/ a shitty artist. DC has the greatest superhero team of all, The Authority and they're just sitting on their asses making the Retard League of Idiots.
I wonder, who is on top, Midnighter or Apollo?