Common movie behaviors that never happen in real life

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Worst one for me is when some military guy goes renegade and ignores orders and does reckless shit. Hurt Locker, pretty much every thing Kirk ever does in Star Trek, and basically any movie ever with a hero who's a military member. These guys would be kicked out of the military in like 3 hours
This is especially bad when the movie is also clearly funded by the military in order to increase recruitment. Top Gun, anyone?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Every different branch of cops, firefighters, health care pro's and soldiers always having a pissing contest instead of doing their jobs / saving lives.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is especially bad when the movie is also clearly funded by the military in order to increase recruitment. Top Gun, anyone?
At the end of the day when I sit down and look back at why I joined the Army I know in my heart that I joined the Army because of Black Hawk Down.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I joined because of Full Metal Jacket. Ok, I'm a pussy and I'm not in the military. I don't even love FPS games.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Lets leave the 2 nerds out of the equation. Is it at all possible in LA (or any other major US City) to work as a Cheescake Factory waitress and hold down your own apartment like that? Her apartment might be slightly smaller, but it doesnt look bad at all and its never implied they live in a bad neighborhood.

Either the Cheesecake Factory is paying pretty well or Penny is selling handy-j s to customers!
Its not that nice of an apartment, I mean the elevator has been out of service for 7 years !

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
At the end of the day when I sit down and look back at why I joined the Army I know in my heart that I joined the Army because of Black Hawk Down.
I actually joined because I saw a documentary on History I think called "Basic Training." I had just graduated high school and had no real plans, and I was like, "Fuck, I could totally do that!"

As far as military people being kicked out because of stupid shit, you clearly haven't been in the military.

Cybsled

Well, not like you had much of a choice. You -really- did not want to surrender to the Japanese in WW2. Especially at Guadal...they called it "Starvation Island" for a reason: Both sides got ditched by their respective navies and they were both essentially on their own.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Not really a realism thing, but I immediately eyeroll whenever there's a body swapping aspect to a story, movie or show, or an aspect where some character can look exactly like another.

This is just lazy, shitty writing, and it needs to go away. Even stories where there's magic involved (Faceless Men in GoT for example) it's just stupid.

Some other examples:
- Dune sequel books (Face Dancers)
- Harry Potter (Polyjuice Potion)
- Xmen (Mystique)
- Avengers and Thor (Loki, Freya)
- Mission Impossible movies (Impossibly Lifelike Masks)

Cybsled

Bodyswapping makes for some funny episodes, though. Like when Farscape did it, because at least it was honest about what would really happen lol.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I always enjoy just how easy it is to do a stunt in a movie. Like jumping between cars, for example.

What's wind? It's fucking hard to open a door in a moving vehicle, yet they fling open (technically the vehicle isn't moving, but still) and stay open without any support.

Here's a great example from the latest Indiana Jones movie.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Action waiting for dialogue - chase scenes where they're almost touching, where they're almost toast, barely getting an inch of room, and then have enough time for a full sequence conversation.

Last second hiding - Being followed and dip around corner; when follower peeks around corner they are gone and are now somehow behind them and ontop of a roof

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how about people who get injured pretty badly, say they get their back broken or their uterus sliced open with a laser. a few months of exercise or some staples across the laser cut fixes you right up so you can become stronger than you ever were and run like a gazelle for miles.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A lot of them don't even need a few months. People that get shot in the arm/shoulder in particular can often just shake it off, or they are fine once you get the bullet out.

Cybsled

As a variant to that, having sex after getting your ass kicked also instantly heals you. For a good example of this in interactive form, see Golgo 13 on the NES ;P

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A lot of them don't even need a few months. People that get shot in the arm/shoulder in particular can often just shake it off, or they are fine once you get the bullet out.
i have also read articles, that pulling the bullet out is often worse than leaving it in. pulling the bullet leaves you open to infection and nerve damage where as if the bullet is in and it isnt slowing you down in any way, might as well leave the fucking thing in there. when a hero gets shot, that bullet isnt making him limp across the floor or favor his other arm. its the trauma cause by the bullet. as you said, pulling the bullet isnt a cure for the trauma it leaves behind. just ask jack kennedy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
here's another one. when anyone in a movie hears or sees something important to a different character, they run to contact that person and say something like "listen to this" or, "put on the tv/news, now!" and when that person listens or sees what that person mentions they always get a full story on the subject. i dunno what world these people live in, but news stories are about 20 seconds long and by the time the person takes your call, turns the tv or radio (or calls their brother Chuck on the phone to listen to that "new sound" he was looking for) on several minutes will have gone by. at least in the terminator they addressed that by making the newscaster say "we repeat, sarah connor is dead" so linda hamilton can see it (though why a newscaster would repeat a story especially one like that is also one of those things rarely, if ever seen) and react.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Microwaves acting as bombs in which whatever is placed in them explodes once the timer hits 0.