Community

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't know, maybe I'm just invested in this show.. but I still love it. I'm supremely upset that this is most likely the last season. The constant fucking the network did to this show over their first 3 seasons really killed any chance they had to be a big success. Had they kept it at the same time slot for more than one season, I think this could have been the next 30 rock (which also started out slow in terms of ratings).
Dan Harmon leaving probably was the final straw, but I'm still enjoying this season almost as much as others (slightly weak so far, but still funny). Troy and Abed both still have some of the most hilarious lines on any comedy that I watch.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First half of the episode was almost completely devoid of laughs. Once everyone turned on them it was pretty great.

The Dean/Chang stuff was awful. Their gimmicks are just gimmicks now. Sorry, I meant to say DEANmicks! ha

ha

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Puppet episode announced at Paleyfest:

The story finds the study group taking a wild balloon ride that crash lands in the woods and forces them to spend a little time with a friendly mountain man (played by Seinfeld's Jason Alexander). The gang gets immortalized as puppets when Dean Pelton encourages them to talk about their adventures.

Also on tap for this season: More paintball fun, a Freaky Friday tribute and, in this Thursday's ep, the introduction of James Brolin as Jeff's dad and Adam DeVine (Pitch Perfect) as his brother.
rrr_img_16410.jpg

Just me or does the Jeff puppet look more like Chris Hansen?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jeff's puppet sort of look like a weird Alton Brown.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW I am starting to want to put my penis in Gillian Jacobs more than Allison Brie. She's hot obviously, but also I've heard her on some podcasts recently and she just comes off as adorable and honest and shit. I want to ruin her.

Plus she ain't all stingy with the titties like Brie.

NSFW, obviously

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Heavily and unneccesarily leaned on Abed this episode, but I think it delivered more solid laughs than any episode so far this season. Plus Workaholics' Adam!

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heavily and unneccesarily leaned on Abed this episode, but I think it delivered more solid laughs than any episode so far this season. Plus Workaholics' Adam!
I tend to agree. I didn't mind them leaning on Abed that much this episode, because I enjoyed the joke of him trying to give the situation a theme. It was a bit oflampshade hanging.

I do think they're missing their mark with Britta, though. This started more last season, but it seems like they really haven't been able to figure out what to do with her since the tension between her and Jeff disappeared, so they came up with a role to hammer her into. She used to be more of a complex character and now she's been reduced to being the "psych student" where all her jokes now revolve around her incorrectly analyzing something. Basically, they Britta'd Britta. Meta.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well I'd have to disagree if you are suggesting that Britta is worse now than she was last season. She was completely one dimensional in season 3, a caricature of ineptitude.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did say it "started more last season". I'm not sure she'sworsethan she was in season 3, but she's really no better, and I don't think having her date Troy helps. They just haven't known what to do with her once her original role ran its course. It's the same sort of problem they ran into with both Pierce and Chang, though a more subtle change.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed the episode, and the idea that Jeff Winger, Adam DeMamp, and Richard Castle are all half brothers.

I think Britta has been fine, better than the latter half of last season probably. Midway through 2 and early in 3 when she was developing herself as "The Worst" was the funniest they could do with the character, but I don't think that had legs. They are definitely a bit lost with her, but the therapist stuff is working for me off and on.

The season as a whole has been a bit better than I expected. The bar in my head was really low after all the off set drama between seasons, but other than the first episode it has not been a real stinker. It will never reach the heights of season 2 again, but I doubt it would have even with all the original cast and crew. It's a good sitcom right now, just nothing genre changing.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This week's one joke:

"And we have Britta to thank for it."
"Don't ruin the moment."

An entire episode to get another "Everyone Hates Britta" bit. I really don't know why I bother.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Man.. even I have to admit that episode was boring. I didn't smile even once throughout the whole thing and there was no abed and troy interaction.. coincidence? I think not!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This week's one joke:

"And we have Britta to thank for it."
"Don't ruin the moment."

An entire episode to get another "Everyone Hates Britta" bit. I really don't know why I bother.
Better Britta joke was when Jeff was assigning her to document Chang and as soon as she mentioned her photography he just slid the camera to Shirley instead.

But yeah, boring episode. And The MacGuffin Institute was a pretty hamfisted attempt at cleverness.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a good thing this is pretty much guaranteed to be cancelled. Better to get out now, because that was fucking terrible.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last week's episode was ok. This week's episode was awful. You also don't point out that last week's episode was pretty much the only ok one this season.

E01 - History 101 (Hunger Games spoof)
E02 - Paranormal Parentage (retarded shit in Pierce's house/Halloween special)
E03 - Conventions of Space and Time (Inspector Spacetime convention)
E04 - Alternative History of the German Invasion (retarded shit with German exchange students, minus Kroll; plus return of Chang)
E05 - Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations ("good" Thanksgiving episode)
E06 - Advanced Documentary Filmmaking (Changnesia)

All in all, it's been an incredibly unfunny season.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2, 3, and 5 were good.

Do yourself a favor and stop watching, show is not doing anything for you except enraging you.

Or don't. Like I said earlier, continue to hatewatch it like Walking Dead=) But if your goal is to be entertained you should just move on. Between the lower quality and your bias against it at this point you are not going to leave with positive feelings.