Community

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, Troy is an awesome character. That said, his relationship with Britta didn't go anywhere. The only episode I liked of them together was the Freaky Friday breakup one. Probably one of the only episodes that was written well. Even the paintball one last season was shitty. Especially when you compare them to the pure awesome that was the previous paintball episodes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, no Troy in 8 episodes makes it hard to consider this the same show basically.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is Chevy back on? If so, you're essentially writing off 2 characters out of 7. And 2 of the remaining ones suck. Britta and Shirley? Ugh, no thanks. Abed also seems to be taking a turn for the worse in his Flanderization (to becoming essentially a robot). They should've just cancelled it.

I'm pretty sure the only reason it was renewed was to get enough episodes for syndication.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's possible, but I have hope. Dan Harmon really is the glue that makes for a good Community. With him back as the runner, I will continue to believe.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure the only reason it was renewed was to get enough episodes for syndication.
And I'm pretty sure it was because NBC killed every single new comedy they tried this year (6 of them!), already had The Office and 30 Rock ending, and finally put Up All Night and Whitney out of their misery.

(Just so we're clear, not counting Community, NBC only hadonecomedy - out ofeleven! - survive, Parks & Rec, and that show's survival would be questionable on any other network.)

Sure, Community's syndication situation probably enabled NBC to squeeze Sony on the price, but let's be realistic here: NBC had no chance of dragging, say, Whitney to syndication numbers, and Community already had a cable deal with Comedy Central done last year.

But your larger point, that this is now the Shirley/Annie/Britta/Abed/Dean/Chang show, with occasional appearances by Jeff and Troy, does raise some eyebrows.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
And I'm pretty sure it was because NBC killed every single new comedy they tried this year (6 of them!), already had The Office and 30 Rock ending, and finally put Up All Night and Whitney out of their misery.

(Just so we're clear, not counting Community, NBC only hadonecomedy - out ofeleven! - survive, Parks & Rec, and that show's survival would be questionable on any other network.)

Sure, Community's syndication situation probably enabled NBC to squeeze Sony on the price, but let's be realistic here: NBC had no chance of dragging, say, Whitney to syndication numbers, and Community already had a cable deal with Comedy Central done last year.

But your larger point, that this is now the Shirley/Annie/Britta/Abed/Dean/Chang show, with occasional appearances by Jeff and Troy, does raise some eyebrows.
Wait, Jeff is getting a reduced role too?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Whitney was canceled? WTF, that was a good show.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whitney was canceled? WTF, that was a good show.
GKYeupz.gif

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What about Jeff now? The show was alot about him, they can't write him out this easy.
Even if it is easy to explain, because he has got his job now ...
Was in response to this:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Jeff's role being reduced. Just that Pierce will no longer be on at all and Troy is only going to be in a few episodes. Pierce was axed half way through last season, but he had already filmed most of his episodes, which is why he was still there.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
This show should have been put out to pasture after season 3. It was already on a steep decline then, and season 4 was just straight up awful.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Abed was in the latest episode of Royal Pains. Not that it really maters, but I wanted to share it anyway.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harmon was forced out (not fired, he was offered a consulting gig) because he did a poor job as being a showrunner : he failed to manage egos (Chevy Chase lol) and he often rewrote the writers team work several times without any consent from the whole team, thus the "Dan Austistic Harmon" nick. He also commented the ratings drops as "people too dumb to get the jokes". If you're having emotional issues dealing with production and studios, don't become a showrunner.