Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's pretty easy. Some motherboards you are able to flash from within Windows, but most of the time you need to boot to a USB stick and flash it. It's only shitty if you lose power during a flash as you may brick the mobo.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I can't figure out what is happening with my computer lately. I have issues mostly while browsing and very rarely while gaming.

Randomly (or so it seems) the mouse will start freezing up, then sometimes the whole computer will freeze for 5 seconds at a time. The thing that really interests me is sometimes my mouse will be unable to scroll to my second monitor, but there is still programs active on the second monitor (twitch, mumble). Sometimes the computer freezes completely but it has only happened a couple times.

I think I've updated all the drivers, uninstalled anything recent, ran virus protection and registry cleaners. I was one of the people who had issues with the Nvidia 320.18 drivers and rolled back until the 320.49 drivers came out. Not sure if that may be causing it but my next step is going to rollback to before 320.18. (Actually going to reinstall to 320.49 first to see if that will fix it, then I'll roll back).

Anyone have any clues? Especially with my mouse not scrolling to my second screen while it is still running programs seems like something that stands out to me.

Also Windows 7 64 Ultimate yada yada.

Derp: My google fu works after I make this long post... this guy seems to be having the same issues as me.https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...reezing-my-pc/

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
So

I bought a Dell U2312HM a few months ago and went to buy a second one, ordered from amazon (could not find them at frys or microcenter anymore) and the new one has a yellow hue/tint to it; I RMA it and got a second one from amazon but also looks like it's fucked up the same guy.

Tried different cables, different connection to the PC (swaped them) and they are both still yellow tint hue. You guys can notice it in the photo, the left one is the yellowed one, the right one has a crisp hospital white.

So, fuck dell, which monitor do you guys think would complement the Dell U2312HM around 300$? Thinking of getting a 24" and use that one as main. Thoughts?
rrr_img_39844.jpg

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Eww[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */" looks like shit, go grab a korean for the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Ev...&keywords=qnix

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty easy. Some motherboards you are able to flash from within Windows, but most of the time you need to boot to a USB stick and flash it. It's only shitty if you lose power during a flash as you may brick the mobo.
/sigh, still nothing. On top of the reboot issue still happening, I have a new and even bigger problem. I was playing TSW for a couple hours or so and the computer suddenly froze completely. I had to hard boot it to get it working again, and when I did it gave me an error saying there was a hardware change and it couldn't boot up, to insert the Windows disc and try to repair it. So I go through this and find out the motherboard isn't even reading the SSD anymore. I get into the BIOS and it isn't even listed as an option anymore. I take the computer apart, pull out the reset jumper, put it back in and everything is back to normal. Happened a 2nd time while playing TSW, so I assumed that was the issue and removed the game. Couple days later I am transferring some files between my external HDD's and it happens again.

I haven't seen any heating issues, but I wasn't monitoring it either time the computer froze. No clue what could be causing it, as I have never seen something similar to this and it not even know that the SSD is there until I reset the jumper.

Help
frown.png

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
/sigh, still nothing. On top of the reboot issue still happening, I have a new and even bigger problem. I was playing TSW for a couple hours or so and the computer suddenly froze completely. I had to hard boot it to get it working again, and when I did it gave me an error saying there was a hardware change and it couldn't boot up, to insert the Windows disc and try to repair it. So I go through this and find out the motherboard isn't even reading the SSD anymore. I get into the BIOS and it isn't even listed as an option anymore. I take the computer apart, pull out the reset jumper, put it back in and everything is back to normal. Happened a 2nd time while playing TSW, so I assumed that was the issue and removed the game. Couple days later I am transferring some files between my external HDD's and it happens again.

I haven't seen any heating issues, but I wasn't monitoring it either time the computer froze. No clue what could be causing it, as I have never seen something similar to this and it not even know that the SSD is there until I reset the jumper.

Help
frown.png
Try using a different sata header on your motherboard for the ssd.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There isn't another one to use. The SSD slides into the PCI Express Full-Mini slot. There is only one on the board, so no other place (that I can see) to plug it in.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
Monitor question:
Why does my laptop only detect my external monitor when the monitor is powered off? When I power it on, it tries to connect briefly, then the monitor goes to sleep and I never see it appear in device manager or the display options. The monitor works fine when connected to my desktop. The DisplayPort to HDMI cable I use for my laptop works fine to connect to my TV, and I run into the same problem when trying to connect to my wife's monitor, which is identical to mine. I've tried a ton of things, from drivers to rebooting with and without the monitor connected or powered on, but I end up with the same issue: Monitor is off --> laptop detects it just fine (even without the monitor's power cable plugged in). Monitor is turned on --> laptop doesn't see it, monitor intermittently tries to connect then goes back to sleep.

I'm going to try buying a new cable tomorrow but like I said, it works fine connecting to my TV. Any advice?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Do you have a function + <somekey> on your laptop to turn it on and off? On my lenovo its function + F2 or maybe 3

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently got aSandisk 64gb Ultra MicroSDbut the thing only transfers at 10mb/s (writing to the card). Is it a bad card or is something bunk on my end? My Sandisk Extreme 32gb SDHC transfers at about 40mb/s, so I don't think it's a problem with my computer.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Well it's a class 10 so that means at least 10 mb/s write speed. From a quick look at the reviews, that's what others are getting as well.

Not sure how your SDHC reaches 40 mb/s but I'm not expert on this so maybe you could provide a model number / link ?

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope I'm attaching these pics correctly. The first is the Ultra that I linked, the second isthis oneexcept I bought it from Amazon Warehouse so the total was $14.08.

I think I got confused when I was doing my shopping. I had the impression that the Extremes were up to 45mb/s and the Ultras were 30mb/s. But now I'm looking at the reviews and you're right, they're like around 10mb/s.

rrr_img_40789.jpg
rrr_img_40790.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yeah, you are basically getting the advertised speed in both cases. The whole classification thing is confusing.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
Update on my monitor issue: display port to dvi works fine so I'm happy getting digital HD. Never figured out why the display port to HDMI didn't work. It shall forever remain one of life's mysteries to me.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I occasionally get an issue where the hdmi sound output shows "not plugged in" in windows sound manager. I don't want to reboot, that shits gay, ill get a Mac if that's the answer for windows.

So far, I can reinstall the driver in windows and that'll kick the stupid fuck back in to working. Something a little less drastic would be nice. Any ideas? Can I do some command prompt stuff to restart a particular service?

In OSX if something is being a cunt, you can terminal command that service to restart etc, looking for something similar on windows. Most of the time I try a gui I get an access denied even as admin.