Computer Issues

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I'm starting to get frustrated. My computer will be stable all day and I can play whatever games I want but as soon as I stop playing a game, within 20 minutes of stopping it'll go to black screen and then restart. It'll then randomly do this at least 4 or 5 more times before it'll stop. Sometimes it'll pop them all off quickly sometime sit'll be over the course of 24 hours.

I've tried restarting or shutting down to avoid it, but no matter what it will do it. I have no viruses that I can tell and my computer never operates above 72 degrees.

Mind you, it never does this while gaming. I can literally leave a game up all day with no issues, it's only after I stop playing. I don't understand what's happening.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I'm starting to get frustrated. My computer will be stable all day and I can play whatever games I want but as soon as I stop playing a game, within 20 minutes of stopping it'll go to black screen and then restart. It'll then randomly do this at least 4 or 5 more times before it'll stop. Sometimes it'll pop them all off quickly sometime sit'll be over the course of 24 hours.

I've tried restarting or shutting down to avoid it, but no matter what it will do it. I have no viruses that I can tell and my computer never operates above 72 degrees.

Mind you, it never does this while gaming. I can literally leave a game up all day with no issues, it's only after I stop playing. I don't understand what's happening.
you got amd or intel? maybe you got some aggressive speedstep/cool n quiet that is down clocking after you're done with your cpu intensive game and some shit is fucked up? you overclocking?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
But why only when I turn off a game and why if I leave my computer off for a day will it still go through the typical 5 restarts whenever I turn it back on more than 24 hours later?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But why only when I turn off a game and why if I leave my computer off for a day will it still go through the typical 5 restarts whenever I turn it back on more than 24 hours later?
1. that's not typical
2. Ghostbusters, your PC is possessed!

only thing i can think of is PSU or

Load Line Calibration
see if you have that in your bios(mostly standard post 2012) and if it's on turn it off or vice versa, LLC tries to compensate with more or less vcore voltage when stuff happens.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a problem I can't figure out.

Some history first: my pc was having issues booting since a couple of months now. Power on results in all fans and lights activating, but a black screen and no (visible) POST. After turning power off and on again a few times, the pc would boot into Windows normally. Over time, more and more retries were needed to succesfully boot, so instead of shutting down, I started to put it in sleep mode each night.
A couple days ago I was surfing and the pc suddently but gently went into a state with a black screen, unresponsive, but still fans and lights active. No BSoD or any error messages.

Haven't been able to get it to boot since then. Motherboard (Asus Maximus V) shows the boot getting stuck on an A2 error Q-code (IDE Detect). 2 other Q leds are also lit: BOOT_DEVICE_LED and VGA_LED

All suggestions found by a Google search have no effect:
Unplug video card. STill A2.
Plugging monitor into MB video out. Still A2 and still nothing on screen.
Unplug SSD and/or HD. Still A2.
CMOS reset (with reset button and battery removal). Still A2.

Running out of things to test here. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like a common problem with that board, it might be dead now. I just looked it up and saw a shitload of people with the same problem on that particular motherboard only.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So my ability to seed hasn't work in, well, forever and I'm finally running out of good ratio on iptorrents and need to do something about it.

However, I've failed to setup my system to enable me to seed. I have a uverse 2wire 3800hgv-b. I've run the instructions here:
Port Forwarding the 2wire 3800HGV-B Router for Utorrent

To no avail. I've also tried setting my PC as a DMZ but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

vBRrgiu.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also looked at my server logs and searched for the port I'm using (62223) and saw this:
INF 2015-06-14T20:52:20-04:00 fw,fwmon src=71.192.242.208 dst=192.168.1.64 ipprot=6 sport=60243 dport=62223 Session Matches User Pinhole, Packet Passed

192.168.1.64 is my local IP address. This log indicates the router is passing it correctly, but utorrent, qtorrent, Tixati and all the port forwarding tests I've done have failed.

I have windows firewall disabled and have the same behavior with and without comodo firewall running.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My IP isn't listed anywhere there unless I missed it. I'll probably change the address range once I figure out the problem.

I'm also trying a TPB torrent to test it, still no seeding.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My IP isn't listed anywhere there unless I missed it. I'll probably change the address range once I figure out the problem.

I'm also trying a TPB torrent to test it, still no seeding.
Ah, my fault for skimming.. 192.168 is private. You said "local" and I just assumed you meant your public ISP provided address.

Sorry, but I can't be of any help. You covered what I would be looking for. Try and VPN, then test? Just in case your ISP is fucking around with torrents?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bad ISPs - VuzeWiki
There's some info there on ISPs that throttle BitTorrent traffic, though I can't say how accurate it is. Also try enabling/forcing encryption in your client and set your BitTorrent port to something non-default, something in the 50000-65535 range.
seems like encryption might help you, no experience w/ tixati but you can always try horrible utorrent.