Conan Exiles

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Honestly? Probably not. It lags and rubberbands like fucking crazy, crafting stations break constantly and create 10 copies of one item and 9 of them aren't real but still show up in your inventory, melee is hold mousebutton and hope your health pool is larger spamfest, etc etc.

Dong physics are pretty good though, and you can have slaves.

error

Molten Core Raider
On the other hand, until a ton of you show up it doesn't rubberband or lag at all. The bugs are being fixed daily (sometimes more than once day) and it's pretty enjoyable to start out ala Rust and progress towards dungeon running. Albeit, circle strafing and showing up in numbers (or waiting until lag) marginalizes the difficulty of creatures. Immersion is pretty good with graphics, music, sounds and lighting. I hope they fix its scalability though.

Gruel is the primary. You make it with seeds and plant fibers in the cook fire. YOu can also use other foods apparently, but I haven't tried cause I worry about spoilage.

I've noticed that cooked meat works faster. I might try haunches soon to see if it's even faster.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's music? I've never once heard anything but my own grunting and the constant slapping noise from my magnum dog impacting my thighs as I run.

error

Molten Core Raider
Amusingly my female character grunts as a man in-game as that sound is bugged apparently. It would also be amusing if I could have a dong... I'd then set up a forum thread so people could ask me questions about what it's like to be a tranny in the harsh world of Exiles and I could post in-game pictures of me being sexy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
But seriously, does it actually have music? Mine is completely silent once I load past the menus/server select.

error

Molten Core Raider
I just spun up a single player instance to check and I guess I've been smoking crack. No music past the select screen. Maybe it's because I've been sitting at the server selection screen so long. :) I may now play this in the background while playing though -

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Mine plays music depending on where I am on the map. Also, my character grunts like a female, but any other female players I hear in the area around me grunt like men.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man I searched for FOH, Fires of Heaven etc server all night yesterday and couldn't find it.... PVP or PVE?

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Use the direct add option in Steam. Go to your steam page, View -> Servers -> Favourites tab -> add server. Enter the IP address there and it will show in your favourites whenever it is up. Don't use the port. Just add the IP address and go 'find games on server' or whatever the option is.

I also think the server is down atm. It crashed and was down for a few hours yesterday and it was down just about half an hour ago when I checked. Other than that its been pretty stable though.

Also there may have been another patch, and server might not be updated yet.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
So last night I watched as 3 people who have been on my server for 2 days and were already either 50, or somehow making full heavy gear and max tier weapons, plus had a full tier 3 base run around and crouch spam all the tall player made building on hills. They managed to get into the most fortified bases by stack jumping up walls/terrain that should not be passable, and exploiting either door glitches or stacking so high as to find ways into bases. Sat there for a couple hours and watched this shit. How did they deal with cheats/exploits in ARK? I'd like to run a server, but managing these fuckers isn't something I feel like doing.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The voice thing needs to be fixed. Female 6 is great.

I had to turn music off because the place I decided to build plays that super weird guy moaning song. All the music I heard so far was stolen out of age of conan. It's not like I hate arab music. Hatten ar din is great, as is tunak tunak tun once it gets going!

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just spun up a single player instance to check and I guess I've been smoking crack. No music past the select screen. Maybe it's because I've been sitting at the server selection screen so long. :) I may now play this in the background while playing though -

Basil Poledouris work on Conan stands out as one of my favorite music scores from any movie. He also did the scores for Starship Troopers and a couple of the RoboCop movies.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

error

Molten Core Raider
Yes, it really adds to the awesomeness of the movie. I can listen to it by itself and have several times.

Been a lot of desync the last two days. Server seems to lag behind when building, items placed do not appear for a few seconds, maybe up to 10 seconds later.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That auto patch thing ever get looked in to? Updated again today and invalid etc.