Conan Exiles

Mao

Trakanon Raider
cassandra. nah. didnt attack your thralls. Haven't seen anyone in game named Vepil.

pink dot is old location, I thought the yellow and orange tower, fort were you two.

Not me or Mita, we're farther up the river. But that is a member of my clan, the aforementioend Vepil and his friend are building in that area.

We've seen you in the area a few times. We're pretty chill about not attacking if you at least make an attempt to communicate. The archers at the base automatically aggro anyone that isn't part of the clan, but you should be able to go around to either side without getting filled full of arrows.

Caliane

Patch just uploaded.
A new patch has been released!

Please restart your game to make sure you have the latest version!

NOTICE
Due to an issue, all server admins are recommended to reset their server's administrator password as soon as their servers are updated to the latest version.

Changelog:

Performance and Tech Fixes
  • The game should now start more quickly

General Bug Fixes and Improvements
  • Explosive jars should no longer be stackable on top of each other
  • The building placement previews are visible once again in Local play
  • Character Rubberbanding has been reduced
  • Placeables should no longer lose items stored inside them
  • Console command 'Walk' can now only be used by admins in order to fix an exploit
  • The 'History' filter is back and should now function as intended
  • Dropping multiple items from inventory should no longer turn them invisible
  • Using "Loot All" option on corpses and loot bags should now work correctly

Balance and Gameplay Fixes
  • Waterskins can once again be refilled from the river
  • Inverted Wooden Roof Wedge and Stonebrick Frame now require Journeyman Craftsman instead of Master Craftsman
  • Hyenas and spiders are now less dangerous
  • Fast attacks with Two-handed hammers have been temporarily disabled
  • Caves near the starting area no longer cause Corruption
  • The gods of Exiles now prevent you from harvesting the same player corpse for 30 minutes. Attempting to do so will show a "Rigor Mortis" message

Mods
  • If you activate a mod that requires a restart then the game will inform you
  • Renamed DevKit button to "Conan Exiles Dev Kit"
  • Fixed Crash when opening the shortcut bar in DevKit
  • Fixed possible issue with server admin passwords. All server admins should change their admin passwords as quickly as possible following this patch.
  • Fixed broken mods loading after last patch

Known Issues
  • We are aware of some issues with Explosive Jars. We expect to have fixes for these next week.
  • We are also aware of the existence of issues with related to jump "boosting" or jump-crouching. We have a fix and expect to roll it out soon.
  • We are aware that players may occasionally be sent to the Main Menu while loading and can interact with the menu. We are working on a fix.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Prob gonna roll here. I was on a server that was alright, until I logged in to find someone rebuilt my stairs and got up to raid me. Not sure how they built stairs on my land...

Caliane

huh, dunno. you sure about stairs, or did they just jump glitch? (allows super high jumping, over 2-3+ story high walls.)

FoH server is mostly carebears it seems. Only came across one active pvper so far. "Thisdongkillsnazis" plays kill on sight. his words.

My base is pretty open to glitch raiding. no one has done it.

Stair removal itself I think is an exploit. but, honestly the alternative is totally lacking. so its nearly required. t2/3 walls are a prohibitively expensive option, that just makes raiding prohibitively expensive to do.. but, even getting there, requires a large amount of time, open to raiding, crafting the iron/steel/brick to build the walls. and hope you don't get raided during that time.

I'm a bit worried trebuchets are being added, before proper defense mechanics are.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Modkit finally came out last night but something is broken about it. I can't tell what is going on but it seems to need to compile alot of shaders and compress alot of textures. I've been cooking my mod that changes 2 ints (8 bytes) for 5 hours.

Ryoz

<Donor>
so far so good. got my base up, archers, etc. haven't really run into anyone yet but have seen a lot of bases.

Ryoz

<Donor>
huh, dunno. you sure about stairs, or did they just jump glitch? (allows super high jumping, over 2-3+ story high walls.)

FoH server is mostly carebears it seems. Only came across one active pvper so far. "Thisdongkillsnazis" plays kill on sight. his words.

My base is pretty open to glitch raiding. no one has done it.

Stair removal itself I think is an exploit. but, honestly the alternative is totally lacking. so its nearly required. t2/3 walls are a prohibitively expensive option, that just makes raiding prohibitively expensive to do.. but, even getting there, requires a large amount of time, open to raiding, crafting the iron/steel/brick to build the walls. and hope you don't get raided during that time.

I'm a bit worried trebuchets are being added, before proper defense mechanics are.

That's definitely possible, but, it still doesn't explain how my stairs were intact. It makes it almost impossible to raid bases when you can just destroy the stairway going up, but yea, seemed fishy.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whats the overall consensus on this game? I'm looking for something to play when I don't feel like playing Overwatch and it is really hard to figure out this game. Some people love it and others hate it. Is this a "wait for it to get better" game or is it good in it's current state?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I passed out and left that mod cooking. Went like 17 hours or something haha. A Funcom person posted a fix though and now cooks are back around 30 minutes the first time and 5 minutes after.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Whats the overall consensus on this game? I'm looking for something to play when I don't feel like playing Overwatch and it is really hard to figure out this game. Some people love it and others hate it. Is this a "wait for it to get better" game or is it good in it's current state?

I've only watched some streamer youtubes but it looks to be in a very "early access" state

Caliane

I never bit the bullet on the competition, so can't compare.

My first response would be "barely functioning."
But also have to note. "42 hours played" according to steam... Since Monday.. yeah. just me though. I have noted many times, I like sandboxes. And loved FO's base building. And annoyed with overly cutscene heavy quests in it, wanted MORE sandbox, etc, etc. Its kindof shocking I suppose I didn't give any of these a shot before. The Early access element is largely why I suppose.

you can build bases. They are not super pretty. but can be pretty eloborate. Crafting is minimal.
Graphics decent. combat is utter shit.

Building and crafting is fairly grinding. I doubt this works all that well as an "in between" game. Like "for honor" is not a good "inbetween" game, because you need to be sharp, and in tune, this is bad because of the grind, and you'll have forgotten what you were even grinding for, never mind, if you got raided.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thought I'd share some screengrabs of the game on the FoH server. Even though the game is early it looks great.

TA24CoJ.jpg

CQAR8g0.jpg

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Avast!

I am in league with Jamalia, as the new Pirate King I'm leading the Blackhand to take vengeance on those who seek to pillage her mighty vessel. The Not So Serious have already suffered our wraith, we will plunder the valleys of the North East exiled lands and s̶e̶w̶ sow chaos and suffering for anyone who dares linger in the river valleys or block the path of the Vilayet back to sea!

Last edited: