Conan Exiles

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Friendly PSA for people. If you build next to resources such that the area they spawn is 'claimed' by you, they won't spawn anymore. This includes exile camps etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I'm a bit surprised this is so active. What are your thoughts on the game now? dev updates/response/direction, etc?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
just got myself stuck between a ruin and a boulder, near the center of the map.

do we have a /stuck or warp command for admin?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I blew 10 hours yesterday just trying to get something to print to the server console. There's quite a few serious limitations to blueprints that are really tying my hands. No idea how anyone makes games with this stuff.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I blew 10 hours yesterday just trying to get something to print to the server console. There's quite a few serious limitations to blueprints that are really tying my hands. No idea how anyone makes games with this stuff.
When you do need a test bed for mods let me know.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've published a couple on workshop. I'm working on a knockdown immunity timer right now and getting the sneaking suspicion that their combat is entirely animation driven. You'd think they would have learned that lesson.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
It is new and so far the dev's have been responsive in fixing the problems pretty quick. I have never played ARK but it looks very similar, I think a dev from ARK is actually the guy behind this as well.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
that's a good question... my guess is that since there's no "Launcher" which has access to the mod directory, like A3Launcher for Arma3 or something similar, we'd probably have to pre-load the mods on our client.

Then again, I'm a total pleb when it comes to this stuff. Kharzette or someone else with more experience on the mod creation side might know better.

Caliane

Modding - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

Client side: To join a server with mods, you must first have the same mods the server is running, with the same load order. When joining a server, you will get a message box telling you which mods you are missing. You cannot connect to the server unless you have those mods installed and activated.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea you have to have all the same mods as the server. One thing to watch out for is if installed via workshop, sometimes it will include the full path to the mod, which is usually kinda long. There's a limit to the size of the stuff sent in the connect string to the server so it will overflow. This effectively limits the number of mods that can be in use.

If you are getting the string overflow, the error back to the client is like you entered a bad password, which confuses the hell out of people.

Conflicts are going to be a big problem soon as well. Only one mod can change one particular file.

Also there's an invalid ID error that only some people get. Haven't figured out why some do and some don't, but if you get that, the mod needs to be rebuilt by the mod maker. Nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:

Caliane

I jumped in largely due to curiosity btw. and relatively low price point. Unless it gets abandoned, I figure I can get my moneys worth over the lifetime of updates. It IS Funcom though..

yeah, I'd advise avoiding mods on a public server for now. the presumed constant updates to software will constantly break them. As well as the seemingly sparce management tools.

harvesting speed seems good on the FoH server. Food/water seems overdone. its beyond trivial.

Ryoz

<Donor>
How's this server in terms of lag/rubberbanding? Is it pvp and what's the crafting/xp/harvesting mods?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How's this server in terms of lag/rubberbanding? Is it pvp and what's the crafting/xp/harvesting mods?
Lag and rubber banding - I have experienced none, some of the other people have said minor.
It is PVP enabled
The XP and harvesting is 3x and the crafting I think is .5 but don't recall on that.