Conan Exiles

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never played with any but if you run your own game/server, which I do recommend, there is plenty of options in the menu to choose from.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I really like Better thralls. Lets you have more thralls following, and you can hand over knocked out thralls for your troops to drag.

Bark Byproduct by me returns a bark for every shaped wood you make.

Greater camera distance by me lets you zoom way out and doesn't allow the game to mess with the camera when sprinting etc

Tier 4 followers - Medium increased spawn is nice for removing some of the RNG factor of finding special thralls.

Booze Helper by me returns glass flasks when making booze. It formerly fixed a problem for women where you'd emit this horrible male groan when you got a hangover but funcom eventually fixed it on their end.

Devious desires for hot lovin (I think I haven't tried it yet)

Madikus

Knows nothing.
We've just wiped our server. If you've never tried the big RPG mod Age of Calamitous paired with EEWA (weapons, armor, quests, magic) - it really is worth a shot. My server has been active for 2 years now, and we have a pretty great community. Population fluctuates from full (70) to low (5-10) throughout the wipe cycles.

Here's a video of one of the systems I added to enable endless EXP:

Crush Your Enemies 4X AOC+EEWA 12/10 - IP: 96.61.157.212:7777

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been playing the new sorcery update on the testlive branch. Good times so far! Still newbing it up in the desert lands, parked near the black hand ship, and just slaving and plundering and building.

The sorcerous stuff I've only had a tiny glimpse at. I've not unlocked anything and my compatriots on the server are very graciously not telling me so I can figure it out. Looks like a cool fun mystery to solve.

No mods are compatible, and they haven't released the early devkit yet, so we are fully vanilla. It has been good so far but eventually you get to that point where mining with a high end tool actually nets you negative ore. They seemed to have really jacked up repair costs on tools as well.

My performance was super super bad for a few days. Eventually I realized that I can't have anything eating extra cpu. Unreal does a good job of loading in new assets, but if your cores are all busy it will hitch. I was running a cute little vtuber model and streaming, and it would hitch like crazy whenever anything new came into view.

My ancient i5 just doesn't pack enough ass to do all that.

Other stuff I've noticed: Thralls seem alot weaker. Pets have had some balance here and there. Wolves are very glass cannon; fragile.

I made a dumb mistake and didn't fully read the new stat descriptions. The command stat direclty affects concussive damage. I had nothing into it and it was taking like 100 whacks to knock out thralls.

Oh and the building is all different. You equip a hammer and it goes into a building mode and will just use materials from your inventory. It's great overall.

The only downside is that you can't make building parts in your inventory. Used to if I was out mining up a bunch of rock and wood for building, I'd make parts on the go because they weighed less. Can't do that anymore.

This was the most confusing moment I've had yet:

Something knocked me off my horse and drained all my stamina. Some kind of super hanzo tree trunk arrow? A magic spell? I have no idea I just ran.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing the new sorcery update on the testlive branch. Good times so far! Still newbing it up in the desert lands, parked near the black hand ship, and just slaving and plundering and building.

The sorcerous stuff I've only had a tiny glimpse at. I've not unlocked anything and my compatriots on the server are very graciously not telling me so I can figure it out. Looks like a cool fun mystery to solve.

No mods are compatible, and they haven't released the early devkit yet, so we are fully vanilla. It has been good so far but eventually you get to that point where mining with a high end tool actually nets you negative ore. They seemed to have really jacked up repair costs on tools as well.

My performance was super super bad for a few days. Eventually I realized that I can't have anything eating extra cpu. Unreal does a good job of loading in new assets, but if your cores are all busy it will hitch. I was running a cute little vtuber model and streaming, and it would hitch like crazy whenever anything new came into view.

My ancient i5 just doesn't pack enough ass to do all that.

Other stuff I've noticed: Thralls seem alot weaker. Pets have had some balance here and there. Wolves are very glass cannon; fragile.

I made a dumb mistake and didn't fully read the new stat descriptions. The command stat direclty affects concussive damage. I had nothing into it and it was taking like 100 whacks to knock out thralls.

Oh and the building is all different. You equip a hammer and it goes into a building mode and will just use materials from your inventory. It's great overall.

The only downside is that you can't make building parts in your inventory. Used to if I was out mining up a bunch of rock and wood for building, I'd make parts on the go because they weighed less. Can't do that anymore.

This was the most confusing moment I've had yet:

Something knocked me off my horse and drained all my stamina. Some kind of super hanzo tree trunk arrow? A magic spell? I have no idea I just ran.
That processor hitching would drive me insane. Which if Im just shooting from the hip for the cause of the dismount, that was probably it. Your character's frame was probably hitching when you were in that dip, giving one of those NPC's the chance to do a large hit from a higher elevation (which gave them time enough to do it paired with the iframe hitch). Conan is already a buggy mess at times, and you're inside of some of the newest of the newest shit.. so ya.

I couldnt play without mods though - some shit is just too monotonous for me for as little as I play it. I played a session a few months ago in vanilla cause I just didnt want to bother with mods. The next thing I know, 6 hours had passed and I had barely made any progress. lol Shits just way too time consuming.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Like maybe I got hit on the way by but there was a few second delay or something? I guess that makes sense.

Usually you can ride past melees without getting hit but lag does strange things.

I had another incident where the server position-corrected me off the side of a very high bridge. The one near the stone pirate ship. I survived the fall but landed in a pile of rock dogs with 5 health. That was scary.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The sorcery stuff is really cool. There's a bit of mystery to getting it going, try not to read about it or someone will spoil things.

I haven't figured it all out, but slowly getting better at it. It is quite evil.

I'm using 2 handers for the first time this time. The weapons are divided into str and agi based weapons. Str is like 2 handers and knockout clubs (though knockouts depend more on the command stat).

The perks are really well thought out. There's one that boosts armor while attacking, which is great for a 2 hander.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Random stuff
20220816061408_1.jpg
20220813161454_1.jpg
20220816191951_1.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The devkit is planned to come out thursday, so maybe live patch soon. Test has been really fun.
20220821071806_1.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Devkit is out now. 219GB down from 280 before so they at least cut out some of the stuff you can't use. The sorcery update hits for the live game itself on the first, so that'll give me at least 2 or 3 days to get my mods ready (will take 2 or 3 days to download for me).
20220826043029_1.jpg

Patch notes for the kit, some nice changes! Mod Devkit Patchnotes

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Devkit is out now. 219GB down from 280 before so they at least cut out some of the stuff you can't use. The sorcery update hits for the live game itself on the first, so that'll give me at least 2 or 3 days to get my mods ready (will take 2 or 3 days to download for me).
View attachment 429982

Patch notes for the kit, some nice changes! Mod Devkit Patchnotes
Wait, so whats the size of your game folder now without mods?...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
105 for live, 84 for testlive. Unreal cooks assets down quite a bit. Most of the space is saved with normal compression.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

BUILDING INTERFACE AND OVERHAUL

Building has received its very own dedicated interface, making it quicker and easier than ever to build, on keyboard and especially on controllers. There’s no need to craft building items either, since it’s crafted directly from the interface.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Interesting, like if you make a Khitai shield you can't give it to a friend unless they have the Khitai dlc?

Brad2770

Can’t share building materials (skinned walls, roofs, etc..)

But if you don’t have the skin, I don’t think you can repair it. I may be wrong about that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We started on Siptah. It has been fun. I started in the east in the tall trees area.
20220901181035_1.jpg

My starting swamp hovel:
20220904215104_1.jpg

Eventually becomes:
20220908075509_1.jpg

Meteors hitting nearby:
20220909020251_1.jpg

The walkway to my house was a few inches underwater so a purge spawned directly in my house, all waves at once, on the second floor:
20220906200852_1.jpg

• 2Worf