Control - Resonant

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,225
10,916
Released today for PC (not sure about consoles)



Picked it up and put about 4 hours in it. I usually suck at these types of games but this was easy to pick up and play. You play as the brother (who was sort of the bad guy in the 1st one) this time around. It's WILD. Anyhow didn't see a thread so I'm making one. My quick take is if you liked the first Control you will like this one.
 

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,817
15,898
I swore off these faggots when SBI was involved with Alan Wake 2 and the lead character called someone another white asshole. Remedy hired SBI again with input for a character named Zoe. Fuck these fucks.


Zoe is insufferable. I can already see the blue haired Marxist in the writing room who put a little too much of xe/xir self into that character. Horribly written obnoxious bully.

Good game hidden behind terrible atrocious script / writing. It doesn't get any better. So sad.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

<Rickshaw Potatoes>
<Gold Donor>
12,209
36,998
I can live with a shitty story if the game is good.

Please be good
Please be good
Please be good

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 

Caliane

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
17,014
15,837
I can live with a shitty story if the game is good.

Please be good
Please be good
Please be good

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Remedy's games are basically entirely story, with middling gameplay...

yeah. even without the company being woke. Control's actual gameplay was so weak, it would take a lot to get me interested in this sequel. I got bored and never actually finished it.

I've never really heard anyone praise the conclusions to their games either. so I think they all end up being letdowns. mystery boxes that just end leaving more questions then answers.
 
Last edited:

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,817
15,898
Remedy's games are basically entirely story, with middling gameplay...

yeah. even without the company being woke. Control's actual gameplay was so weak, it would take a lot to get me interested. I got bored and never actually finished it.

I've never really heard anyone praise the conclusions to their games either. so I think they all end up being letdowns. mystery boxes that just end leaving more questions then answers.

Yep constantly. Save maybe Max Payne 1. Before Sam Lake lost his fucking mind and SBi wasn’t their narrative go to.
 

spronk

FPS noob
25,075
31,775
the games are fun but totally not worth playing at launch, it takes them a year to clean up the game and do the right tweaks for combat / bugs. Control was great 1-2 years after release, kinda shitty at launch.

Their games are just fundamentally weird and different which is rare in the $50m+ budget games now. There is a lot of woke slop but more in the unintentional comedy of a bunch of eurofags trying to relate to joggers, rather than ugly fat lesbians trying to be mad at normie guys. Their games do tend to lean hard into "artists are the true geniuses" vibe which gets annoying after a while, like talking to a broke theater major who knows how to solve all the worlds problems but doesn't have enough money for dinner.

the only really interesting question every time is whether this will be the game that finally kills the studio, their games don't sell that great relative to budget and i have no idea how they are still around honestly. their last game was a miserable disaster of a GAAS game using their IP but i assume someone else paid for it.

i saw some streams of this and it looks fun and goofy and interesting and i will for sure play at some point, I've platinum'd every single Remedy game (except firebreak) to date and enjoyed them but they are also all really annoying at times. The game will also be $25 in under 6 months.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
17,329
17,906
I’m a nutso for mystery box and SCP shit and just have to admit it, mediocre game play or not Control was 120% my jam. Just wish I had time to try this out.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Avatar of War Slayer
3,846
26,103
The premise and setting for Control is the entire selling point of the game. The story is subpar. The gameplay is mid. But overall I still enjoyed it.

But 2 hours into Control Resonant, I did find that the new Zoe character to be an ugly SJW bitch, and looks like Emily Pope hit the wall. Why do western devs constantly feel the need to make women look unappealing?
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,817
15,898
The premise and setting for Control is the entire selling point of the game. The story is subpar. The gameplay is mid. But overall I still enjoyed it.

But 2 hours into Control Resonant, I did find that the new Zoe character to be an ugly SJW bitch, and looks like Emily Pope hit the wall. Why do western devs constantly feel the need to make women look unappealing?

SBI involvement again.
 

Runnen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2,480
6,064
Sweet Baby Inc had reportedly nothing to do with the development of Control 2 (or Control for that matter), but they were consulted for Alan Wake 2. It's possible the "lessons" from that ended up tarnishing future projects, though.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,225
10,916
yes all the women in this game have man jaws. Don't play this if you want to jerk off to video game characters.
 
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,817
15,898
yes all the women in this game have man jaws. Don't play this if you want to jerk off to video game characters.

No one gives a shit about man jaws. What I give a shit about is forced identify politics and shit writing of a character that’s girl boss annoying as fuck that won’t shut the fuck up making the male protagonist a pussy - meet Zoe.
 
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,225
10,916
No one gives a shit about man jaws. What I give a shit about is forced identify politics and shit writing of a character that’s girl boss annoying as fuck that won’t shut the fuck up making the male protagonist a pussy - meet Zoe.
bro drink a beer , smoke a joint, chill damn its a game.

Touching Get Out GIF by Mike Hitt
 
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
591
499
I've been extremely disappointed with this game based on the previous one and glowing reviews. So far, the 3 boss fights I've had have been super boring and annoying and the general gameplay is extremely repetitive. The weird mechanic where monsters endlessly spawn minions isn't very engaging since all I basically do is ignore every minion every time and focus on the leaders until they are all dead. I've found a few interesting side-quests in the city but mostly its just "run over here and kill these floaty explody guys". The setting and SCP-lite stuff is still neat but the gameplay isn't engaging at all. I don't even know if I'll keep playing it since it mostly feels like a chore.

Also, the upgrade system is byzantine. I still don't really understand all the various upgrade currencies or what they effectively accomplish in the game.